Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: August 15, 2011  (Read 1941 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: August 15, 2011
« on: 15 August 2011, 02:55:57 PM »

Expected: Fallout from Cena/Punk, Nash likely to make an appearance to explain his actions, Triple H to react.

One match announced:

Rey Mysterio gets his title rematch against new Champion Alberto Del Rio.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: August 15, 2011
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
Nash might be Del Rio's bodyguard.Hey it worked in 94 it can work here!Maybe Punk and Cena will fight for the next man in line for a title shot.Del Rio vs Mysterio sounds like a classic but I think Miz will interfere when Rey has Alberto nearly finished.Could be a great show tuning in for sure.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2011, 06:04:29 PM »
I was actually thinking the same thing about Nash this morning. It makes perfect sense for him to be a bodyguard. He's too old to be in the title picture, so he could come out and say that he wanted to come back and wrestle after his appearance at the Rumble, but Vince wouldn't give him the time of day, or he said he was too old, no one would remember him, wanted him to wrestle as Diesel, whatever. Then Triple H took over and he was waiting by the phone for a call from his old friend, but he never got it, so he took matters into his own hands and Del Rio hired him as his muscle. He doesn't care about titles, he just wants to be in front of the crowd and Alberto is giving him that opportunity.

Of course they could make it much more convoluted and say Steph or Vince hired him or whatever but this would be simple and effective.

Interesting to note that WWE.com is referring to him as Kevin Nash, not as Diesel, as they did in his last couple of appearances.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2011, 06:29:18 PM »
Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship either way the Mexican fans are going to be happy when the WWE hits Mexico.

I''m looking forward to seeing the McMahon-Helmsley factor, Looking forward to seeing Stephanie again.

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2011, 07:18:11 PM »
About the bodyguard thing in the chatbox i think it was Narc who said last night he read somewhere that nash is supposed to be his bodyguard.

Really looking forward to raw Rey vs Del rio should be good though we all know Del rio will win and moe than likely take Rey out so they can write him off TV due to his recent injury.

the nash storyline i am looking forward to, they could go the bodyguard way, they could do something with Steph, but either way Triple H's old buddy just cost Punk the WWE championship. so we will get some sort of Hunter denying he had anything to do with it angle,then maybe steph will have something to do with it.and punk will think its just triple h covering up trying to look like he did nothing wrong. that type of thing.

but also we got John Cena who had his leg on the rope so we will have that story too going on, maybe we get Punk vs Cena vs Del Rio. or Cena vs Del Rio and Punk vs Nash? either way it's locked in the Del rio isn't losing that WWE title until the tour of mexico is over.

all that and maybe we will get some mid card change and direction, where does Miz go from here? is Truth and Morrison still feuding? How about Kofi? Will Alex Riley be on the show and bore my eyes out? if so hopefully its to lose to ziggler and end that feud. maybe we might even get Evan Bourne,Swagger,Mcintyre and Ryder on the show. who knows. i just hope the mid card gets some good feuds going.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
Should be a good show with a lot of explaining after last night. I want to see where they go with this Nash thing even though I'm not huge on the guy. We have HHH, Nash, Punk, Del Rio, Cena, Stephanie McMahon and Rey all having some legit storyline development for the WWE Championship.

Also, will we get a new belt now we have an undisputed WWE champion, I certainly hope so.

Hopefully some fresh feuds in the mid card and they do something with their US champion.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2011, 06:43:13 AM »
Well, Punk/Nash exchange was pretty great.
Cena's promo was pretty bad and would have worked better if he attacked Del Rio before the match considering he just defended his title and won the match cleanly.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2011, 02:49:27 PM »
Ah where to start Morrison and Truth was great with a great ending.Will the feud end now? Did anyone see that creative writing on Truth's jacket?LIL JIMMY PROOF! I liked King telling Otunga and Mike to show  more fire in the Ring.WOAH WOAH OTUNGA  IS GREEN AS LEPREUCAN AND AS FOR MIKE HE GREAT IN THE RING JUST LET HIM TALK MORE! They match they had with Kofi and Bourne seems to interest the fans.The segment with Punk and Nash ooohhh just drop the pipe bomb! If I was Punk I would of said how if and the other NWO boys keep the talent with wrestling ability down.Maybe he could of said when he was a booker for WCW he was jealous of Goldberg and have himself win GOLD!The Main Event surprised me I was waiting for NASH to attack Rey.I didn't expect Cena not be on the show till the end and boy did he make me puke with those weak ass comments towards Del Rio.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Well, Punk/Nash exchange was pretty great.
Cena's promo was pretty bad and would have worked better if he attacked Del Rio before the match considering he just defended his title and won the match cleanly.

I thought Cena's promo was great. It felt raw and energetic and it made sense. ADR won cleanly but then he tried to break Rey's arm. Simple way to set up Cena/ADR.

Punk/Nash was great too. You could tell Nash was a little rusty on the stick but he dropped some good one liners and I think the whole point was for him to say as little as possible so he could keep the mystery of why he attacked punk. Can't wait to see where that goes, especially with Johnny Ace and Steph involved too.

ADR's promo at the top of the show felt awkward though.

Overall decent show, some good matches, good promos, got the tag champs on the show, JoMo won in a good match, can't really complain about anything.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
I thought the Cena promo was excellently delivered, pity what he was saying didn't really make much sense. Problem for me is... Cena has just gone straight back into the title picture. I know Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio has not been done before but it still has that same old same old feel to it.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2011, 05:45:08 PM »
I too thought Cena's promo was awesome. The best one he has cut in a while. It is a shame that they can't have a title picture without Cena and slightly ridiculous but the problem is he is so over that unless he takes time out or is injured in the kayfabe world he will always be there.
Punk/Nash was good but it pisses me off when Nash tells him to hit the weights as it seems as if anyone who isn't built like a tank is somehow unworthy.
Good to see Morrison getting a win now he is back to full health.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
I'm a little different from you guys.

Opening with Triple H was okay, Then when Del Rio came out and cut his Promo i thought it was great and i thought it might have been his best mic work yet, though he was pretty much given a fastball down the middle being against rey in his hometown. easy heat.

Morrison vs Truth i really enjoyed. I also enjoyed the little square box promo Morrison did before the match, i think morrison did a great job there. and i think he and Truth did a great job in the match and i loved the ending.

Miz segment was the worst part of the night for me, it was pointless. all it was was shameless advertising of subway and had no direction for the Miz.

Nash/Punk segment didn't really deliver too well for me, it just seemed really awkward and a lot of it didn't feel delivered right and the crowed didn't seem to have much reaction, this is probably due to Nash being rusty on the mic, that will improve in time.

I skipped the divas because it looked like it was going right back to the bella twins. beth and natalya afterwards starring down Kelly and Eve looking all dolled up i think went over some peoples head including the commentators who didn't even mention how dolled up they were.

Riley vs Swagger with Dolph and Vickie on commentary just annoyed me. WWE has that anti bullying thing going but all they do is bully vickie. i liked when Dolph said Vickie is in better shape than king and everyone out there other than him. but really Cole and King made that and the next match hard to watch. i thought dolph and vickie did good on commentary though even with Cole and King seemingly trying to make it hard for them.

The match ended with a botch. Riley just seemed to go dead weight on Swagger. great job Riley...Glad Swagger won and i like the direction they are going with Swagger/Dolph/Vickie.  I'm hoping Vickie will end up with swagger beings i feel he needs her more and he becomes US Champion because i feel he needs a title more and is A LOT better with a title. and hopefully dolph can go out on his own and get in the main event scene i feel he has what it takes in all aspects. charisma, Mic skills,Ring work. the guys just great. and Hopefully that's the last we see of Riley for a while. Maybe Zack Ryder or hell even Santino would be better than him. or how about a face Drew Mcintyre? might want to give that a try.

Otunga & MM vs Kofi & Bourne. i love the team of Kofi & Bourne, i think they could be a legit great team in WWE in time and can come up with some good double team moves which is what really has been missing in WWE since the hardy boyz. anyways like i said before the commentary was so bad even worse in this match it really took away from the match. i recall someone saying on twitter "think how much better this match would be if someone was calling it" and that was true and exactly how i felt.  glad kofi and bourne got the win though hopefully they become tag champs i think those are 2 guys who will actually be featured.

we had some backstage stuff with Johnny Ace and Nash which sounded sexual.lol. and some backstage stuff with Punk and Stephanie which obviously gave away that Steph was the one who Texted Nash from Triple H's phone.

Rey vs Del rio wasokay but wasn't as good as i thought it would be. i didn't like the ending of the match either. Rey lost in his hometown in what was built the biggest match of his career by del rio getting his knees up.

The aftermath was predictable with Cena coming out there. Cena felt like he was unscripted and i liked it though he did say "sooner or later you're gonna have to defend that title" when ADR just did defend it. and i didn't really get his beef with ADR cashing in MITB.  that's what MITB is all about and Edge had cashed in before on Cena and i don't recall him being so mad.

It didn't feel like the end of the show for me though, it felt like something was missing and that the Nash/Punk/Triple H/Steph stuff wasn't done yet. maybe it wasn't and they ran out of time? i don't know that's just how it felt to me.

All that and the commentary was worse than ever throughout the night but i feel like that is a given these days. but it really does take away from the show and brings my enjoyment level down a lot. JR tries to help it but Cole and King are just so bad. they got to know how bad it is it can't just be the fans who think it's so bad. i don't get why they let this go on like they do.

Overall a decent show, brought down by the xommentary, the miz segment and some of the stuff just felt flat to me. however like i said i like the direction for Kofi and Bourne, i liked morrison getting the win and i liked what they are doing with Swagger/Vickie/Dolph.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
I can understand that the gripes Cena had towards Del Rio were a little forced or unwarranted, but he still did a good job in his delivery. But that moment you mentioned about defending the title bothered me a little too. Wasn't a bad promo though.

I think the crowd wasn't until the Nash segment partially because he came out to no music and it was just really awkward. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
I would honestly rather see Alex Riley than Zack Ryder. I like Ryder but I also find people overrate him a lot. There are better people to watch in and out of the ring than him.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2011, 02:12:06 AM »
Its funny from all Cena said to Del Rio about how he won the gold in a cheap way Punk did the same to Edge and Jeff in years past so its worth a much as an Indian coin in the Us zero.