Author Topic: Smackdown! SPOILERS: 8/12/11  (Read 776 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Smackdown! SPOILERS: 8/12/11
« on: 10 August 2011, 08:28:58 AM »

* Triple H opens the show and announces Randy Orton vs. The Great Khali, Daniel Bryan vs. Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes vs. Ezekiel Jackson with the Intercontinental Title on the line for tonight. World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out and wants to talk to the WWE COO. Christian threatens to sue Triple H if he doesn’t change the SummerSlam match against Randy Orton. Triple H says Christian has no respect and will still face Orton on Sunday and be in action tonight.

* Sheamus beat Christian by count out. Christian walked off and stood at the ramp as the referee counted him out.

* Natalya and Beth Phoenix beat AJ Lee and Kaitlyn. Face pop for Beth and Natalya here. Beth pinned AJ while Natalya put Kaitlyn in the Sharpshooter.

* Backstage segment with Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes arguing with Teddy Long. Zack Ryder and Aksana are there.

* Backstage segment with Mark Henry and Johnny Curtis.

* Sin Cara beat Tyson Kidd in a decent match. Hard to tell if Cara is someone else under the mask. Cara came out to a huge reaction.

(The WWE brought Cara back early was because Smackdown doesn't have a top Latino wrestler since Rey and Del Rio are Raw Wrestlers and the hispanic rating is slipping because of it. But this isn't the real Sin Cara behind the mask since he is still suspended for one more week. The man behind the Cara mask is FCW's Luchador and former FCW Tag Team champion Hunico. The real Cara will return on the smackdown after Summerslam.)

* Alberto Del Rio beat Daniel Bryan by submission in a great match. Cheers for Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez before the match. Wade Barrett came out and attacked Bryan after the match.

* Cody Rhodes beat Ezekiel Jackson to become the new WWE Intercontinental Champion after hitting Cross Rhodes.

* Backstage segment with Randy Orton talking about SummerSlam and tonight’s match.

* Mark Henry beat Johnny Curtis. Sheamus came out after the match and confronted Henry.

* Randy Orton beat The Great Khali after an RKO. Christian came out and taunted Orton after the match, saying he’s the best thing going.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Smackdown! SPOILERS: 8/12/11
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2011, 10:26:24 AM »
Alright lets talk about the good first so i don't come off as a pure hater. Cody Rhodes winning the IC title is great! Tyson Kidd being on SD again this week is good. i like what they are doing with the divas right now. I like Wade Baret/Danile Bryan thing seems to still be going and hopefully going to a SS match.

the rest of this show looks like its booked horrible.

First off we have Triple H saying he doesn't respect the world champion on the show.
Then he loses to sheamus via countout which i don't mind the way they did that what does christian have to gain from that match
but he just pinned orton last week and was looking more legit each weeka nd triple H doesn't respect him..

next we go to Ryder who is being used on Sd but also being used poorly, no match and from what it seems he's just thrown into a clusterfuck backstage segment.

Then we get the fake Sin Cara beating tyson kidd. i don't really mind this, sure i would love for Kidd to get more wins because i really like kidd but i don't really see why they had to bring this fake sin cara back a week ahead of time, unless they are giving this guy hunico a test run and if he does well he will take over the sin cara gimmick beings mistico didn't do a good job with it.

Then we get Danile Bryan pointless losing to a Raw guy in Alberto del rio. Bryan a guy you're supposed to be building up to look legit if he's gonna cash in at mania but he just loses to ADR for no reason. ADR shouldn't even be on SD! what does that win do for him? does it set him up a SS match? NO. does it make him look better? not really. sure he lost to punk this week but punk is a top guy so you didn't really need ADR to do this he could have just beat Kofi at the PPV again or something or hell let him get the win over someone you don't need to push if you're gonna insist he goes to SD and gets a win for no logical reason.

Rhodes over Jackson is great. but it also waste another SS match. maybe zeke gets his title shot at SS. and hopefully it will be quick and Cody can move on to a feud where they can have good matches.

Mark Henry Squashes Johnny Curtis. I'd be pissed at this if i found Johnny Curtis to be any good. but i don't so this really doesn't bother me, at the same time it's nothing i want to see either.

Orton beats Kahli. So whats the deal here? Kahli the town jobber now? i thought him aligning himself with jinder was supposed to make him legit. but the last 2 weeks he's jobbed. also doesn't seem like any story progression for kahli and jinder either.

So we get 3 squashes. a diva match. 2 good mid card matches 1 with bad booking and a countout.

Also last 2 weeks we had the tag champs get wins on SD and Raw this week they don't make either show. if you're going to push these guys as your tag champs make it consistent and try to make them as legit as you can.

Now i must admit im just in a bad mood so a lot of this stuff im writing is due to that, I'm sure SD won't be that bad and with Cody winning his first singles title there is actually a reason to watch. not to meantion to see how Hunico does as Sin Cara if it actually is him and not just really cara and WWE put that fake report out as a loop hole.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
YAYYYYYYYY O0
One of my favourites wins his first singles title! Definitely deserved it! After such a great feud with Mysterio and other people and putting on quality matches for a year it is good to see him get some recognition and begin to build a serious career.
Very happy!

Bryan/Barrett stuff is good. I don't mind that Bryan lost to Del Rio. Bryan has won a lot of matches recently and who is to say he won't beat Barett at SummerSlam? Del Rio needed a win going into the PPV.
Triple H constantly dissing Christian is annoying but Christian has gained wins since Triple H took over. HHH hates him because he left for TNA citing the fact that nobody got a push and taking a shot at HHH. Apparently Batista loved Christian though and thought he deserved to be world champ.

Good seeing Kidd get on the show but he needs to get a win sometime soon. He is a good talent. Fake Sin Cara I care for about as much as I care about the real Sin Cara (N)

No Jinder storyline progression sucks but good to see Henry and Sheamus go into the PPV strong. Lets see how this turns out on TV but very pleased and surprised to see Rhodes get the title. Perhaps they did it as they don't have room for him on the card at Summerslam.

Still they haven't really built up anything aside from the main events and Sheamus/Henry.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2011, 03:26:33 PM »
Adam, I really don't understand what you're complaining about. Triple H said that Christian had no respect, not that he doesn't respect him.

I don't like that Christian keeps opening shows, he's the champ and should be main eventing. It makes it almost pointless to even give him the title if Orton's just going to be in the main event every week anyway. But I don't think I have a problem with the booking of that match, he just walked out so it's not really a loss. They could push it as Christian not wanting to hurt himself before this Sunday.

I don't get what they're doing with Ryder anymore... kind of fed up with them fake-pushing him. Curtis should be interesting, let's see how he jobs lol.

Really curious to see fake Sin Cara as well. I'm really hoping this becomes a storyline, and it sounds like his match with Kidd is good too. Kidd only benefits from being on SD two weeks in a row, first against the show's best pure worker and second against an over character, even if he lost. In any case this has to turn into a storyline, because I don't see the point of them not waiting a week unless they're really worried about this Sunday's buys, which wouldn't make a difference anyway since hes not booked in a match yet.

Also, ADR needed that win against Bryan. He's been slipping down the standings even with MITB and if he's going to continue to be a cocky heel he needs to get a big win every once in a while. Putting Punk over made sense as the Punk/Cena storyline makes them "bigger than the WWE" in a way. If the match is truly fantastic like the spoilers say, then Bryan won't get  hurt by losing, and he still has a storyline to fall back on, not to mention he's just coming off a three week winning streak anyway.

Rhodes over Zeke, can't complain about that although should have been on PPV.

I never thought I'd see the day where Adam was complaining about Khali jobbing lol. I don't think it really helps anyone to have him lose to the major faces every week but we'll see where it goes.

Overall this SD actually looks really good, but it doesn't really do much for SummerSlam as the go home show.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
I take back what I said about Christian/HHH. Obviously he did mean that he didn't respect him, I guess I didn't read the spoilers right lol. Within the storyline it makes sense since they're making Christian come off as a whiny little bitch (as Edge put it), but it's the storyline that pisses me off. Christian is awesome and he shouldn't be treated like this. It's one thing to be a conniving champ who relies on cheating to win but Christian just doesn't win lol.

I actually don't mind ADR going over Bryan as, as we know now, ADR needed a win before he won the championship and he lost to Punk, and I have a feeling of where they might be going with Bryan storyline-wise, and losing a few matches is part of that. Only thing I didn't like is that this match felt incredibly short.

Main event was what it was, get Orton over for the PPV.

Fake Sin Cara seemed different, so we'll see where it goes.

Rhodes over Zeke was pretty much the only good thing about this how. I actually liked how Zeke went nuts after the match too and killed Ted Jr.

Overall, pretty crappy show.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
I really didn't pay too much attention to this show. only caught the end of some matches. from what i seen it didn't seem too bad, of course if you were really watching it on TV in a 2 hour time then that might be another story.

Zack was barely on the show.
I finally got what Prax has been saying about Rhodes's voice. it never really bothered me until that backstage segment where he just sounded like he was overdoing it and just trying to sound odd.

Cody vs Zeke was actually the best i have seen zeke and after the match him destroying Ted was what Zeke should be doing all the time instead of looking like a big guy with no rage and just doing bodyslams. anyways I'm glad Cody is IC Champ he deserves it.

Only saw the end of Bryan vs ADR. still not thrilled with bryan losing to ADR, i just feel they could have let ADR beat someone else instead of bryan.

The new Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd i enjoyed. call me a sin cara hater (i kind of am, i mean i want him to do well but nothing he has done has impressed me) but i think this guy did a better job. he seemed a bit slower but did some more innovative moves was a lot cleaner, i don't think he botched at all. also Tyson Kidd is awesome.

Rest of the show i didn't pay much attention to. but it seemed like after the Triple H/Christian stuff christian was gonna finally look legit. he was like "i'll beat randy on my own and then i'll beat this next guy too" then he just ran away from sheamus.

I didn't pay attention to johnny curtis getting his ass kicked because it's just the same thing with a different guy with mark henry. but i kind of feel bad for Curtis weather i like him or not, they aren't really giving him a chance. they could have fed Yoshi Tatsu or Trent Barretta to Henry since WWE seemingly never wants to do anything with those guys.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2011, 01:27:59 AM »
I don't mind Christians current gimmick, in fact, its one of my favourite gimmicks because everything he does is cheap and despicable :P. I wouldn't say he's being mistreated though, the guy ran ECW for a year, and has had two WHC reigns. This gimmick suits his build as well, personally I think it works and I'm glad he's been headlining for a while now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2011, 03:54:51 AM »
No, Jericho's gimmick circa 2003 was cheap and despicable. Christian is just a joke. Jericho back then backed up his antics by actually winning and keeping championships. Christian can't even buy a match and is treated like the retarded cousin you have who you let beat you at video games every so often or your mom (the IWC) yells at you. it's the same shit every week, and they're even addressing it on the show. Christian comes out, complains, gets into an impromptu match which he weasels his way out of. it's just kind of annoying.