Author Topic: Smackdown spoilers for 8-5-11  (Read 764 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown spoilers for 8-5-11
« on: 3 August 2011, 04:32:49 AM »
WWE Smackdown (Airing this Friday):

It's announced that Sheamus will face Mark Henry at SummerSlam but tonight he'll face The Great Khali.

Sheamus defeated The Great Khali

Natalya defeated AJ and continues the assault after the match.

Debuting new music, Daniel Bryan vs. Tyson Kidd. Winner, Daniel Bryan.

Zack Ryder comes out with WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson. Ryder gets on the mic and Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase interrupt. Teddy Long ends up coming out and informs Ryder he will face Jackson up next.

WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson defeated Zack Ryder. Triple H comes out and pedigrees Ryder after having the cameras cut off.

Mark Henry defeats Koslov. After the match Mark Henry attacks Koslov more and Sheamus runs out.

The Tag champs and JTG defeated Usos and Beretta.

Christian & R-Truth defeated Randy Orton and John Morrsion in the main event. Christian got the pin over Orton.

Looks like a weak SD. and looks like they are dropping Barret vs Bryan.  unless maybe he's out there on commentary or something that is failed to be mentioned. glad Bryan got a new theme.
I don't get what they are doing with Ryder. is he supposed to be a heel? everyon loves him. or does Triple H just want people to hate him more?
When is Cody gonna get his shot already?
Otunga and MM getting another win is good. like i said issue here is who is gonna actually challenge them for the titles.
Kahli vs Sheamus. blah
Henry vs Kozlov. blah
Natalya turning heel on AJ it seems. ehhh might work. maybe they will put her back with Kidd.
Morrison and Orton vs Truth and Christian. i don't really get why Truth and Morrison are on both show now. and i don't get why Morrison loses again. i guess he didn't technically orton did.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: Smackdown spoilers for 8-5-11
« Reply #1 on: 3 August 2011, 12:34:48 PM »
Yeah don't like the sound of this.
Its good the tag champs get another win and I'm really happy they have been built up a bit but I don't quite get this Ryder thing and I'm not forgetting that Triple H was behind that nasty prank on Ryder a while back where he got hyped up only to not be on the show. I think HHH is intentionally making him be a joke each week in the hope people stop liking him which is fucking stupid considering he will make them fucking money. God they are so fucking stubborn and dickheaded but on the plus side its better than not being on the show at all I guess.

And yeah I want to see Rhodes get the IC title. They need to do something else with DiBiase as this story has held Rhodes back so far.
Morrison losing again is a bit silly, they could have at least got someone else this time.

I hope they haven't scrapped Bryan/Barrett feud too (perhaps Barrett was on commentary) because that would be an awesome feud. But Bryan/Rhodes was going to be an awesome feud until DiBiase got involved.

I guess its good JTG and Baretta got used, gives them somewhat of a chance.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2011, 02:21:39 PM »
Oh yeah JTG also a nother Raw Superstar. are we just not really doing seperate brands anymore? JTG could and should have been Heath Slater and Trent Barretta as much as i like him should have been Just Gabriel beings they seem to want to push those guys.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 3 August 2011, 02:58:32 PM »
Yeah this SD is confusing :dohw:
Seems like the kind of thing that could play off well on TV though.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 3 August 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
This SD seems like a giant clusterfuck. Who the fuck books this shit? I love how WWE is supposed to change for the better and really it ends up sounding worse. The stuff with Ryder sounds exactly like the prank a we heard of a few months ago, just give the guy his goddamn push. It's like they don't want the fans telling them who they want to see? They're probably going to say, well, he's on TV and wrestling but booking him in a random match against Zeke just to bury him doesn't mean anything.

Morrison is now 0-for-3 in his return, and Triple H keeps boasting about how he did it because the fans wanted it... coincidence? Not to mention it's fucking stupid that he's on SD to begin with with R-Truth, main event or not.

No Slater, no Gabriel, no Barrett? Okay...

I don't mind the Sheamus vs. Henry build, I like how Sheamus is sort of being a giant killer right now.

Bryan vs. Kidd should be good.

I don't get their mind set though, it's as if they see that the smarks want to see some of the less-pushed guys, the superstars guys, and assume if they give us ALL of them in one show it will either satisfy us or prove that we don't know anything. I don't like this.

But we'll see.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #5 on: 3 August 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
More details on the diva match
Natalya beat A.J. via submission with the Sharpshooter. Natalya then turned heel with a post-match attack on A.J. ringside. She said “Beth Phoenix, I’m with you. The days of cute Divas are over.”
credit: PWTorch

Hopfully this marks a new era for the divas, Wrestlers vs. Models. I'm holding out hope for Gail being the next diva to turn and join Divas of Destruction  :smitten:

Backstage, Teddy Long was seduced by NXT 3's Aksana, now with dark hair.
Glad to hear Aksana is on the main roster now  :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 4 August 2011, 12:04:27 AM »
AJ is a pretty good wrestler though, i wouldn't call her the Diva type. i think this will play more into Natalya mentoring her and Kaitlyn and them never winning.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 4 August 2011, 03:38:43 AM »
Good to hear they're actually trying with the Divas division lately. Now, if only they would try with, you know, divisions that actually mattered, like the IC, US and Tag divisions.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 4 August 2011, 03:56:23 AM »
- Nick Kelly sent the following:

I wanted to add some more notes to your SmackDown spoilers from the tapings in Lexington, KY last night.

* Natalya's heel turn on AJ Lee was pretty good. She spoke into the camera and said "Beth Phoenix I'm with you. These days of the cute Divas are over."

* Zack Ryder's segment was his State of the Showski.

* Randy Orton did a backstage segment talking about his anger management issues and beating Christian at SummerSlam.

* The new Diva backstage with Teddy Long was NXT Rookie Aksana, now a brunette. I barely caught it but it looked like she was trying to put the moves on Teddy.

* Triple H hitting Zack Ryder with a Pedigree off-camera surprised everyone. Triple H came out and said the hardest part of his new job was dealing with talents and brought up CM Punk, John Cena and Randy Orton before starting to put Ryder down, cutting the cameras mid-way. Triple H had the lights dimmed, cameras cut and said he was about to relieve some stress in the form of a Pedigree on Ryder.

* Vladimir Kozlov was taken out on a stretcher after Mark Henry squashed him and beat him up, injuring his leg.

* Johnny Curtis had a promo that aired and he will finally debut next week.

Looks like you were right Booty. sounds like it couls be awesome with natalya and Beth as a team i would hope Gail joins along with them. i know she doesn't look like tthem and aren't as big but shes more of a wrestler than a diva IMO.

I'm betting that Johnny Curtis Promo doesn't air again this week.lol.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #9 on: 4 August 2011, 10:32:16 PM »
Oh boy WWE is stealing TNA women storylines now?Knowing Vince it will be better done then on TNA.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 5 August 2011, 01:46:59 PM »
I can confirm Wade Barret is on commentary for the Bryan/Kidd match.

However the stream i watched didn't have the 6 man tag with the tag champs and JTG vs the Uso's and Barretta. though it also didn't have Morrison,Truth, or Ortons entrance (in ortons home state) so maybe parts of the show was just missing from the stream
It also didn't have the Divas.

But overall it wasn't that good of a show. the Zack Ryder stuff didn't make no sense the crowed liked him on the show and was behind him in his match but apparently Teddy long hates him or something and that whole thing just didn't make much sense TEd was gonna face Zeke and the fans seem to want to see it happen and Long just took that away.

Kidd vs Bryan was pretty good.
Sheamus vs Kahli was what you would expect, Henry vs Kozlov was short so that made it better than Sheamus vs Kahli.lol.
Morrison & Orton vs Truth & Christian i thought was a really good match for what it was.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 5 August 2011, 05:12:04 PM »
I can confirm Wade Barret is on commentary for the Bryan/Kidd match.

However the stream i watched didn't have the 6 man tag with the tag champs and JTG vs the Uso's and Barretta. though it also didn't have Morrison,Truth, or Ortons entrance (in ortons home state) so maybe parts of the show was just missing from the stream
It also didn't have the Divas.

But overall it wasn't that good of a show. the Zack Ryder stuff didn't make no sense the crowed liked him on the show and was behind him in his match but apparently Teddy long hates him or something and that whole thing just didn't make much sense TEd was gonna face Zeke and the fans seem to want to see it happen and Long just took that away.

Kidd vs Bryan was pretty good.
Sheamus vs Kahli was what you would expect, Henry vs Kozlov was short so that made it better than Sheamus vs Kahli.lol.
Morrison & Orton vs Truth & Christian i thought was a really good match for what it was.

Yeah I must have watched the same stream as you.
Bryan march was good, Barrett on commentary was good. Looks like DiBiase will win the IC title and turn against Rhodes and feud with him which could be cool and would definitely revive his career (just hope the reverse doesn't happen and it hinders Rhodes' career as I have my doubts about the credibility of DiBiase as he doesn't seem to show any charisma.)
Sheamus and Henry are built up going in. Main event was good. Show as a whole felt hollow though.
Average SD.