Author Topic: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown 7/29 Taping Results  (Read 835 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown 7/29 Taping Results
« on: 27 July 2011, 09:28:52 AM »
SMACKDOWN WAS TAPED TUESDAY NIGHT IN PHILADELPHIA. BELOW ARE THE FULL RESULTS

Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

* Triple H opens the show and said he re-signed CM Punk to a new contract on Monday night. HHH began talking about the state of the World title. World Heavyweight Champion Christian came out and cut a promo interrupting H.  Hunter announced he'll defend the title against Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred Match at SummerSlam.

* R-Truth comes out and begins to talk about the conspiracy against him, as well as llittle Jimmy's. Hunter informs him that he will face Randy Orton tonight. He also books Christian and John Morrison to kick off the action on Smackdown.

* World Heavyweight Champion Christian def. John Morrison with the Kill Switch.

* Wade Barrett comes out and cuts a promo on Daniel Bryan. Bryan comes out and says Heath Slater cut the same promo last week and he made him tap out. Barrett punches him and taunts him with his own Money in the Bank briefcase. Daniel eventually counters and puts Barrett in the LeBell Lock.

* Backstage, Teddy Long is talking to Zack Ryder. Mark Henry walks up to them and Ryder tells him that he will find him an opponent for tonight.

* Tamina, Alicia Fox & Rosa Mendes def. AJ, Natalya & Kaitlyn  . Fox pinned AJ for the victory

* Mark Henry def. a Jobber (local worker) w/Zack Ryder. Teddy Long comes out and tells Henry that nobody wants to fight him. Sheamus comes out and says he'll fight him and grabs a chair. Henry fleas as Sheamus comes at him.

* Backstage, Triple H makes Zack Ryder Teddy Long's assistant.

* WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty def. The Uso's after McGillicuddy hits his finisher on Jey Uso.

* Backstage, Johnny Curtis cuts a promo and says he will debut next week.

* Backstage, Matt Striker interviews R-Truth. Truth talks about being an eagle and grabbing a snake like a Viper. Typical Truth promo.

.* Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase def WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson in a handicap-match after Rhodes hit Cross Rhodes.

* Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali cut a promo from inside the arena, speaking in Punjabi.

* R-Truth def Randy Orton Via DQ when Orton uses a chair. World Heavyweight Champion Christian watches the match from the top of the ramp. After the match, Orton hits an RKO on R-Truth on the announce table.

Morrison vs Christian should be good but i don't really get him and Truth going over to SD just to job especially off a return for Morrison.

Zack Ryder on SD is kind of odd too and now he's teddy longs assistant? well I'm not thrilled about this but at least he will be on TV more often now. though i would rather have him as a singles superstar on Raw in the IC title ranks.

Sheamus looks to be on the full blown face path attacking Henry. I think it will work out just fine to be honest and i think he might actually do a better job as a face.

The tag champs on SD is good. and they get a win so that's good. i wish there were some other team for them to face though. maybe WWE wil get the kings of wrestling up on the roster soon and they will take the belts or at least challenge nexus for them.

Barret/Bryan sounds good. seems they may be feuding now and might get a SS match. I can see BRyan getting a good match out of Barret.

Cody back with Tedpicking up a win over Jackson sounds meh. but as long as it leads to Cody winning the IC title then it will be ok i guess.

and Jinder and Kahli are back. don't really know whats going on there. i guess just getting them on TV?

It says nothing about Cole though. which if you recall Trips said cole had to make his mind up by SD weather he would stay or leave.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown 7/29 Taping Results
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2011, 02:43:33 PM »
I think the Cole staying or leaving thing was pretty much decided because of how Cole would be in breach of contract to Triple H. Anyway this looks like a great show.

1. CM Punk signed to a new contract on Raw (even though we knew this)
2. Bryan owning is always good
3. Inclusion of Zack Ryder
4. Tag champions actually did something constructive and when this happens the tag division looks better
5. Rhodes and DiBiase back on the show
6. Keeping Mahal/Khali on the show because I have enjoyed this stuff
7. Truth going over Orton (whether it be DQ or not)

I might add that I don't really like the choice of Morrison being fed to Christian, his first fight back should be a win plus he is on the same show as truth and not going after him again?
However SD does seem to have a lot of talent on this one show which is good and as expected no Cara whoop!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
Cole said on RAW he was keeping his job.

Looks like a stacked SD. I don't know why they have a bunch of RAW guys here but looks like a good show anyway.

I don't mind Morrison losing to Christian. Christian is still the world champ so it's not like he's losing to a midcarder, and I'm sure they had a great match. Would have been worse if JoMo lost. What I don't like, however, is the world champ opening the show in impromptu matches two weeks in a row. That's a little stupid.

The Ryder thing made me double take... dunno about that but we'll see how it goes, if it gets him into matches now.

Sheamus vs. Henry I like.

Bryan vs. Barrett I like.

Orton vs. Truth, we'll see how it comes off, if Truth gets a good match in then I'll be okay with it.

Overall should be a good show.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
Christian vs. Orton = Yawnfest Hopefully after SummerSlam Christian will retain and move on to someone else (fingers crossed for Sheamus).

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Christian vs. Orton = Yawnfest Hopefully after SummerSlam Christian will retain and move on to someone else (fingers crossed for Sheamus).

You kidding? One of the best feuds in a while. They've got amazing chemistry in the ring together and if it wasn't for the last couple of weeks any one of their matches could have easily been MOTY so far.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Yeah i agree I'm loving this feud with Orton and Christian and i would still say there match a few weeks ago was a MOTYC. didn't have a clean ending but it told a great story and Orton looked super badass and and christian seemed brilliant. if anything i would say they jumped the gun on Christian going heel just a bit early but oh well i'm still enjoying this feud.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2011, 06:40:04 PM »
I absolutely loved it when Sheamus came out with that arrogant expression on his face. In my opinion he is one of the few newer, younger guys who really deserves his place in the main event (the other being CM Punk.)
I think a face turn would be fantastic for him and you have to give him credit because he was an excellent heel. So props to the Celtic Warrior (Y)

I enjoyed watching the clip where Justin Gabriel returned home, I think he is a very likeable and talented young wrestler and it was interesting to see him get a bit of coverage.

I too am loving the Christian/Orton feud, I definitely think Christian needs to retain at Summerslam and they need to lay off giving Orton a title for the time being as he has received many and to be honest there a lot of fresh guys giving it their all.

Christian/Morrison was a good match as would be expected but I do think Morrison's return should have been delayed a bit to heighten the fans reaction as right now he has returned at a time when there are too many people lined up for something (Punk and Cena are leading the show and Del Rio and Miz will come before him too.)

Tag match was short but sweet. The Uso's are a very fun tag team to watch and it was good seeing the New Nexus actually do something with their titles.

Didn't really see the point of the handicap match. Rhodes beats Zeke in a one on one so what sense does a handicap match have? It seems them trying to bring DiBiase up to Rhodes' level has just made Rhodes' momentum go down. Make DiBiase beat some jobbers then get a surprise win on someone and then let Rhodes continue to do his thing because I can't help but feel DiBiase is holding Rhodes back a tad.

I like Jinder but I wish he would speak English a bit more because sometimes it just draws you out of caring when in fact he is a very good speaker and has a great presence to him despite being apparently green in the ring.

Main event was good. R-Truth gets another win by default. His won/loss record as a face was appalling but it has been brilliant since being heel so perhaps they just want to give him lots of wins before thinking of properly putting him in the main event seeing as he has been one of the less memorable midcarders for a long time.

When Cole makes shots at Booker I just want to see Booker beat the shit out of him lol. I hate it when he takes stabs at Booker's career as despite being a title holder the WWE could have done a lot more with Booker, he was one of the best all round packages (for ring skills and charisma) the WWE has seen.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
Remember when everyone was bitching about Sheamus being hotshot into the main event and onto the title? Just sayin'.

Offline J.D

« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
Yeah but to be fair I never did. I have always liked Sheamus and backed him up.
Its The Miz I complained about but that was only after he won the title and went stale.