Author Topic: Spoilers: WWE Smackdown - Airing: 7/22/11  (Read 706 times)

Offline narcolepsy

Spoilers: WWE Smackdown - Airing: 7/22/11
« on: 20 July 2011, 04:07:44 AM »
Quote from: Wrestlenewz.com
SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Randy Orton sitting on a chair in the ring with the mic. He talks about the current state of the WWE. He calls out Christian and here comes the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian says Randy needs to work on his anger problem. They go back and forth for a bit, until Orton gets pissed and heads up the ramp only to be stopped by Teddy Long. Long says Randy will get a rematch but not tonight as he’s already agreed to face Kane in a street fight. He asks Orton to be the bigger man and walk away but Orton goes for Christian. The officials restrain him and Long informs Christian he’ll be facing Ezekiel Jackson after the break.

* World Champion Christian beat Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson with the Killswitch after a back and forth match with mixed crowd reaction for Christian. Anyone remember when these two faced off for who would be remembered as the last ever ECW Champion? Me neither.

* Michael Cole is in the ring and invites SmackDown’s Mr. Money in the Bank, Daniel Bryan out. He comes out and Cole rips him for a while. Bryan says he doesn’t care what Cole thinks. Bryan talks about the physical sacrifices he’s made to get to the WWE. Bryan says he’s going to the first champion to announce when he’s going to cash in ahead of time because apparently he’s never heard of Rob Van Dam. He announces he’s cashing in April 1st in Miami at WrestleMania and fulfill his lifetime dream. Out comes Heath Slater for some unfathomable reason. He gives a heel promo and they start a match. I’m guessing there will be commercials during this match.

* Daniel Bryan beat Heath Slater with some submission move I didn’t recognize (not the LaBelle Lock). This was a pretty decent match considering Heath Slater was involved. The crowd liked Bryan but Heath’s involvement minimized crowd reaction somewhat.

* Matt Striker interviews Mark Henry backstage. Mark Henry says he has no regrets and everyone should fear him.

* Wade Barrett and Sheamus went to a double count out. They continued brawling after the match and eventually ended up back in the ring where Barrett ate a Brogue Kick. Seemed like Sheamus may be in the midst of a slow face turn.

* Kane gives a backstage promo saying he’ll use Randy Orton to kill his humanity and be a monster again.

* Randy Orton beat Kane in a street fight after an RKO onto a chair. Match saw Kane kick out of an RKO and Randy kick out of a chokeslam. Crowd was much more into this match than anything preceding it. Afterward Kane offered his hand and Randy shook it. Kane looked devastated by the loss.

Mark Henry came out and attacked Kane, doing the splash onto the chair around the ankle that he did to Big Show at MITB. Refs came to check on Kane and I assume this was the end of the TV taping.

My guess is either Daniel Bryan is going to lose the MITB briefcase at some point or he's facing CM Punk at Wrestlemania.  Not sure what other matchup would be a draw for Daniel Bryan in a main event at the biggest PPV of the year.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Spoilers: WWE Smackdown - Airing: 7/22/11
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2011, 04:13:23 AM »
Thanks to reader Zelda Root for the following WWE SmackDown tapings from tonight's show in Minneapolis, Minnesota. These will air this Friday on SyFy:

Dark Match:

* Michael McGillicutty beat Trent Baretta

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Randy Orton sitting on a chair in the ring with the mic. He talks about the current state of the WWE. He calls out Christian and here comes the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian says Randy needs to work on his anger problem. They go back and forth for a bit, until Orton gets pissed and heads up the ramp only to be stopped by Teddy Long. Long says Randy will get a rematch but not tonight as he's already agreed to face Kane in a street fight. He asks Orton to be the bigger man and walk away but Orton goes for Christian. The officials restrain him and Long informs Christian he'll be facing Ezekiel Jackson after the break.

* World Champion Christian beat Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson with the Killswitch after a back and forth match with mixed crowd reaction for Christian. Anyone remember when these two faced off for who would be remembered as the last ever ECW Champion? Me neither.

* Michael Cole is in the ring and invites Smackdown's Mr. Money in the Bank, Daniel Bryan out. He comes out and Cole rips him for a while. Bryan says he doesn't care what Cole thinks. Bryan talks about the physical sacrifices he's made to get to the WWE. Bryan says he's going to the first champion to announce when he's going to cash in ahead of time because apparently he's never heard of Rob Van Dam. He announces he's cashing in April 1st in Miami at WrestleMania and fulfill his lifetime dream. Out comes Heath Slater for some unfathomable reason. He gives a heel promo and they start a match. I'm guessing there will be commercials during this match.

* Daniel Bryan beat Heath Slater with some submission move I didn't recognize (not the LaBelle Lock). This was a pretty decent match considering Heath Slater was involved. The crowd liked Bryan but Heath's involvement minimized crowd reaction somewhat.

* Matt Striker interviews Mark Henry backstage. Mark Henry says he has no regrets and everyone should fear him.

* Wade Barrett and Sheamus went to a double count out. They continued brawling after the match and eventually ended up back in the ring where Barrett ate a Brogue Kick. Seemed like Sheamus may be in the midst of a slow face turn.

* Kane gives a backstage promo saying he'll use Randy Orton to kill his humanity and be a monster again.

* Randy Orton beat Kane in a street fight after an RKO onto a chair. Match saw Kane kick out of an RKO and Randy kick out of a chokeslam. Crowd was much more into this match than anything preceding it. Afterward Kane offered his hand and Randy shook it. Kane looked devastated by the loss.

Mark Henry came out and attacked Kane, doing the splash onto the chair around the ankle that he did to Big Show at MITB. Refs came to check on Kane and I assume this was the end of the TV taping.

The guy reporting seems like a dick. but SD looks pretty good it seems like Kane might be taking some time off like big show or who knows with the hand shake and stuff with Orton he might be done.

Also with the reactions Sheamus was getting at MITB i wouldn't be surprised if he turns face now.

Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase seem to be missing from this weeks show unless Cody was on commentary and they got left it out which would make sense if they are gonna go with a Rhodes/Jackson feud over the Ic title which i think they should.

Also for Superstars we get Justing Gabriel as a face taking on Tyson Kidd so that should be really good.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
Threads merged.

Sorry Adam, but as you can see, narcolepsy beat you to it by 5 minutes. :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
I agree with adam that the guy reporting this seems like a dick. Looks like an okay show and I see Kane retiring soon as well.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
Wow, those spoilers were excruciating to read. I hate it when they mix their own personal opinions like that. Why is this guy raging over Slater? Not a good thing that they're pushing another young wrestler?

Either way this SD looks great. Love Henry getting the monster push, although still not sure what they're doing with Kane. Guessing a break like Big Show.

Love Bryan announcing when he's cashing in, although I'm not sure whether this means he'll lose it, because 9 months is a long time to hold that thing.

Main event sounds great, Slater/Bryan, sounds great, Zeke/Christian should be good, always liked their matches on ECW, Barrett/Sheamus should be okay too.

As for Cody/Ted, I read that it was supposed to be Cody vs. Zeke for the IC title at SD, but I guess they changed plans.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see DiBiase get the IC title just to reverse the power a bit.

Offline J.D

« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
Also I can't see Sheamus turning face because the fans are so patriotic they don't really like any of the wrestlers from Great Britain.
(Mistake happened and I double posted so just had to think of something new to say)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2011, 05:19:49 PM »
I don't know about that Finlay was a fan favorite at one point and there has been many guys from different countries as fan favorites WWE just seems to always bill them as heels.

Cody vs Jackson would make more sense, it makes me wonder why it didn't happen...cody and ted suspended maybe? or injured? hopefully we get an update on that soon.

And thanks Awesome, didn't see Narc posted until after i posted. my bad.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Cody had an injury after MITB, and maybe that kept both of them off the show. I'm sure we'll at least get a vignette or something.

And I agree with Adam, Sheamus could be a face if Finlay was. Finlay wasn't a WWE champ but he was pretty high up the card at one point and pretty ruthless as a heel, so I could see it happening naturally.  It's just easier for foreigners to be heels lol

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Bryan cashing in at Wrestlemaina  :confused: so we have Cena vs. The Rock for one title and Bryan is now going to go after the other title...what does the Rumble winner get?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2011, 02:29:01 AM »
SD was awesome this week. Loved the main event. It wasn't an amazing match but it was exactly what I want out of TV wrestling. Two guys without axes to grind wrestling in a match to get their frustrations out. And they worked around the street fight rules great. This is what the attitude era was like, matches like this all the time. Thing went on like half an hour too. And the fact that these two didn't have a feud added so much to the match. I guess it was meant as Kane's sendoff of sorts but it still worked, and it got Henry over at the end as well.

Loved Daniel Bryan's promo too. That promo on Cole was a year in the making and he made it count, and Slater got a nice rub out of it too even if he lost.

Barrett/Sheamus was fresh for what it was, but I missed part of it so I can't comment on the whole thing.

Opening was good, but I wasn't the biggest fan of Christian facing Zeke. The match was decent, but it's the IC champ going up against the world champ, and matches like that deserve more fanfare. If they're trying to go back to what they were doing in the attitude era, then that match would have been plugged -- and they could have, since they plugged Orton/Kane on the web. I'd imagine they were planning on Zeke/Cody but maybe they didn't have time for that and a Christian match with the Kane/Orton match so they settled on this. Oh well, not a huge deal but still kinda annoying.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed SD>