Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 18th, 2011  (Read 567 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 18th, 2011
« on: 18 July 2011, 03:32:57 PM »

*OFFICIAL* RAW DISCUSSION
July 18th, 2011

Nothing announced so far but obviously we'll  have all the fallout from MITB.

Punk is the new champion and no longer has a WWE contract.
John Cena is (or will be) fired.
Alberto Del Rio is the MITB holder.

HUGE NIGHT.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* RAW Discussion: July 18th, 2011
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
I Haven't been this excited for a Raw in a long time and that's sayings omething because i have been really excited for Raw the passed 2 weeks.lol.

Hopefully everything gets shaken up and not just the main event scene. and hopefully the Miz/Riley feud ends and those guys get something new going on.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2011, 02:14:15 PM »
Good Raw, plenty of enjoyable matches. I enjoyed the Mysterio/Ziggler match  (Y)
Now what I don't understand is how they can have a new champion without the belt, the title is not vacant on the WWE website so here are some possibilities

- Punk will return (as the WWE is under new management now despite the fact he thinks HHH is a doofus)
- Mysterio/Miz fight next week, one of them wins most likely Mysterio who is attacked after the match by an angry Miz. Del Rio cashes in, beats Mysterio and wins the title and then Cena invokes his rematch clause at WM either one or one with Del Rio (most likely) or in a triple threat with Mysterio (depending on whether Mysterio invokes his rematch the next week or not.)

OR (my favourite option)
- Mysterio/Miz has Cena added to the match, Cena wins the title and then Punk returns with the real WWE title with the likes of Cobana, Gallows etc and its kind of like invasion. There are 2 belts on the show and 2 factions holding each belt. Cena's faction includes the likes of Mysterio, Miz and Del Rio.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
I think the Triple H factor is really going to screw up any predictions as anything can happen now, including Punk coming back (up to when Triple H's music hit last night I was convinced Punk was gone for the foreseeable future). Cena's the X-factor here though, and like you said there's Del Rio too... next week's raw should be interesting. Maybe they'll introduce a new title? That would be cool.

As for RAW, it was decent this week, lots of wrestling, which is good, but the whole thing just felt a little disjointed. There was a common theme the entire night but it was as if they were trying to make us forget about what happened the night before.

The whole thing paid off at the end though, I marked for Triple H, Cena had a great promo, but Triple H's acting was a little terribad. Vince crying was a nice touch though.

Overall, six good matches so you can't complain, although none of them stood out as they were all short obviously. I like tournaments but meh.

One thing though, I usually just don't care about the divas, but last night's 14 divas shitfest was just mind-boggingly stupid.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
I hate it when they cry though, it just makes me feel awkward watching it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2011, 04:13:55 PM »
I hate it when they cry though, it just makes me feel awkward watching it.

haha, I agree, but I was actually impressed that he managed to well up like that.

Another thing I liked by the way, was the Andy Levine promo. Love how they're keeping us up to date with him. Kind of like vignettes.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
Alright RAW I guess, nothing that grabbed my attention that much aside from the Vince thing. I could see them possibly twisting the situation some more and Punk somehow gaining power of the business at some point, I dunno just seems like it would be a good move to make as it's the kind of rebellious thing that I would expect to see happen, and he has talked of how bad the business has been run lately. Also a way of getting people like Cabana and whoever else to appear in the WWE. Nothing great though on this episode of RAW, expect Rey to win the belt.

Offline J.D

« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
I love it when Cole calls Punk an anarchist  :))