Author Topic: 11th July 2011 Raw Discussion  (Read 993 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
11th July 2011 Raw Discussion
« on: 11 July 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
Expected:
Hype for this Sunday's Money In The Bank Pay-Per-View
CM Punk appearance
Possible Alex Riley / The Miz confrontation due to last week's attack
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: 11th July 2011 Raw Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2011, 04:29:48 PM »
Punk had the crowd in his hands last night and it was great to see.Its sad that he wasn't given the opportunity to really shine until now.I love how he said how vince doesn't know what makes a great wrestler in 2011 he must of visited Fusion lately.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
MITB has had a really good build to it O0
All it needs now i to build the SD MITB.

Opening promo was good, opening match was ok. Skipped Diva's, McIntyre's Vince impression was funny whereas Vickie's sucked, introduction of Raw participants was fun and the match was pretty good. Bourne was better on the mic than I remember seeing before and he looked pretty deadly in the ring delivering all those jumping kicks and knees to R-Truth.

Big Show match was good, he kept McIntyre close and he is actually a pretty neat fighter when he keeps his opponent close, pretty technical for a man of his size. The Henry stuff was good and it helped build up the fight further. Henry is getting more ruthless by the week.

Punk's ending promo was just bloody fantastic and I just don't would hate to see him go as he can carry the company to new heights.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Another Holy Shit chant for Henry. What do you have to say about that? :ace

RAW MITB build was great although ended kind of random. Where was Rey?

Opening and closing promos were great, some groundbreaking stuff.

Otherwise, whatever.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2011, 12:03:30 AM »
Henry has been good lately but I still can't help but feel like he is not 'over' but perhaps I will go back on that soon as admittedly he has been better in the last few weeks.
I dunno though I would rather them do cool shit with the current big guys e.g McIntyre or Jackson.
I also wondered about the Mysterio thing but the guy is always injured and is a family man so probably needed a week to rest ready for the big match Sunday.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2011, 12:10:22 AM »
Does anyone agree with me that Riley needs a new finisher? He doesn't really do that ddt so great.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2011, 04:06:10 AM »
Frankly I don't see how they can justify keeping him off the show before a big PPV. He clearly screwed up their plans too as it was pretty awkward to have that match end up a six man tag instead of an 8 man tag.

As for Henry, the guy's getting a courtesy run and as you all know I have absolutely no problem with it. The reason why it may seem as if he doesn't get a reaction on SD is because it's a taped show and he doesn't do his "huge" spots on there as much as he has been doing on RAW and at PPVs. So tearing up a set on SD off-center is different than tearing the door off a cage in the ring or running at Big Show on the stage. Maybe chalk it up to the editing staff, but you gotta admit the reactions hes been getting on RAW have been great. I guess they just need to limit the doses. Would love for him to get a serious mouthpiece too.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Yeah pretty much everything about Riley just seems bland and his finisher is so generic if there's one person that i don't want winning MITB it's him.

Wonder why Mysterio wasn't on the show.

Opening segment was good and ending segment was great. colt cabana chants were awesome. but of course not as good as the one 2 weeks before.

Tag Champs get buried further again after winning last week.

Zack Ryder doesn't get on the show and follow up with his appearance last week.

Drew pretty much was shit on the show. and Ziggler is wasted and they acted like he and kofi weren't even feuding.

Show/Henry spot was really cool. But i hated how they put the camera only on them yet acted like Drew didn't exist even though it seemed he took the worst fall.

Is it just me or does it seem like Show is gaining more weight? he might have to take some more time off I'm guessing.

R-Truth was funny as hell in the MITB segment. the rest were meh.

Overall it was a ok Raw. The Punk stuff saved it.