Author Topic: Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings - 7/1/2011  (Read 931 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings - 7/1/2011
« on: 29 June 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
- Thanks to Keith P. for the following WWE SmackDown tapings from tonight's show in Phoenix, Arizona. These will air this Friday.

Dark Match:

* Derrick Bateman beat Johnny Curtis

SmackDown:

* The show opens with the Money in the Bank briefcase hanging high. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton is announced with Christian banned from ringside by Teddy Long. Christian wants a rematch against Orton at the pay-per-view.

* Randy Orton beat Mark Henry by count out. Big Show's music hit, distracted Henry and allowed Orton to hit an RKO on the floor for the count out. Henry went nuts at the production area and tore the place up.

* Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase by submission. There is no music right now because of Henry trashing the production area.

* Christian approaches Teddy Long in the back and wants a title shot. Teddy makes Christian vs. Sin Cara tonight for Christian playing Big Show's music earlier.

* Backstage segment - Cody Rhodes is upset with Ted DiBiase.

* Christian defeated Sin Cara in a decent match. Christian won with the spear. A contract signing between Christian and Orton will take place later in the show.

* Cody Rhodes beat Ezekiel Jackson in a non-title match with help from Ted DiBiase.

* Backstage segment with Johnny Curtis that didn't make much sense.

* Kane beat Wade Barrett with a chokeslam. This looked like a match between Money in the Bank participants because they kept focusing on the briefcase but didn't announce anything yet.

* Teddy Long calls out Randy Orton and Christian for their contract signing. Christian brings a lawyer with him. It's in the contract that if the referee makes a bad call, he gets another rematch. Orton is all business here on the mic. Orton signed the contract and before Christian does, Sheamus attacks Orton from behind. Sheamus also laid Christian out and destroyed the contract to end the show.

Rhodes Over Jackson
Sin Cara Losing
Bryan and Dibiase always have good matches.

Nothing with Jinder Mahall & Kahli. and Nothing with the Usos and Gabriel & Slater.

MITB for SD is looking to me like
Rhodes
Dibiase
Bryan
Cara
Barret
Jackson
Kane
and
Sheamus
With Sheamus likely being the favorite and i could see him challenging Orton at summer slam....but didn't that match happen at last years summer slam or the year before?

Unless sheamus gets added and makes it a triple threat at money in the bank. then i don't know johnny curtis takes his spot? or Kahli or Jinder maybe?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings - 7/1/2011
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
This SD looks awesome. Sheamus and Henry are going to look badass in their segments.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2011, 04:01:23 PM »
When I read the spoilers  from 411mania the person at the show said CARA VS CHRISTAN was the match of the night.We will see.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
Awesome sounding show.

Cara's first loss= awesome.
Rhodes getting a win over the IC champ = awesome and hopefully Rhodes wins the IC title after this feud because he fucking deserves it.
Bryan winning again is  (Y) feel a bit bad for DiBiase though.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 4 July 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
I wasn't really paying attention to much of this show but the contract signing and Henry going apeshit delivered. Good build to the PPV so far.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 4 July 2011, 08:57:13 PM »
I thought Bryan/ DiBiase was good and I thought Rhodes fought well considering he was against a big guy. I even enjoyed Cara this week, he was great and got a nice big pop all round. Great crowd in general actually they even cheered Zeke but even the great crowd couldn't give much heat for Henry  :giggle

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 4 July 2011, 09:08:18 PM »
I thought Bryan/ DiBiase was good and I thought Rhodes fought well considering he was against a big guy. I even enjoyed Cara this week, he was great and got a nice big pop all round. Great crowd in general actually they even cheered Zeke but even the great crowd couldn't give much heat for Henry  :giggle

You're still on Henry not getting heat? The sound area destruction thing went on a little too long and it was away from the focal point of the ring so it's pretty understandable that the crowd wasn't too into it, but did you miss the "holy shit" chants he was getting on RAW?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 6 July 2011, 03:35:16 AM »
Bryan vs Dibiase was good.
Christian vs Sin Cara was pretty good minus sin cara botching like crazy. i guess instead of calling him goldberg now since he lost i can call him Sabu.
I liked the back story with Jinder,Kahli and Ranjin. Always like seeing Ranjin and i don't know why.

Nothing else was interesting to me. and i think Prax is gonna bring up that holy shit chant forever.lol.

Offline J.D

« Reply #8 on: 6 July 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
Yeah haha drop the holy shit chant already. Admittedly he was good on Raw and I even gave him credit for that. I just found it funny that he got no reaction from a crowd that was giving everyone huge pops. And not talking about the sound area bit but even his entrance itself.

I like Ranjin as well, he is just someone who puts over Khali well (Y)