Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers for 24/06/11  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Smackdown Spoilers for 24/06/11
« on: 22 June 2011, 08:19:45 AM »
Smackdown Spoilers for 24/06/11
Smackdown opened with Teddy Long to address the World title controversy from Capitol Punishment. Long calls Christian to the ring. Christian says he deserves another title shot. Long tells him he has to earn it, so it's Kane vs. Christian to determine the new number one contender tonight.

*Sin Cara defeated Ted DiBiase in a good match.

*Cody Rhodes came out for his match with Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out and said that unlike what Cody thinks, looks aren't everything and showed a photo of Dusty Rhodes on the Titantron. He said Dusty may not have been the best looking guy but had charisma and was a good person, something Cody is not. DiBiase comes out when the match begins. Cody gets the win.

*Johnny Curtis vignette in catering. He stands in front of a table with ketchup, mayo and mustard. He takes the first two and leaves the mustard, because he can cut it.

*Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Big Show about being attacked by Mark Henry. Show says he's going to get Henry back when Henry spears him out of nowhere into the set. The referees help Show up and out as Henry walks off.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson has his first title defense, defeating Wade Barrett.

*Jack Korpela interviews World champion Randy Orton. He says that Christian getting another opportunity to be the number one contender is comical but if he has to, he will defeat him again.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett comes across Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. They mock him for losing to Jackson and say they are going to go out there and do something he can't - win.

*Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater defeated the Usos.

*Jinder Mahal vs. Yoshi Tatsu never happened as Mahal attacked Tatsu and laid him out. Mahal cut a promo saying Great Khali is done kissing fat women and they will dominate.

*Mark Henry attacked Kane to cause a DQ in Christian vs. Kane. Randy Orton came out to even things up. Teddy Long made it a tag match. Orton nailed Christian with an RKO but Henry nailed Orton with the World's Strongest Slam and pinned him, so Christian ends up with a title shot at the MITB PPV.

Sheamus,Wade and Drew were so high up on the roster list a year ago and now their jobbing and appearing on Superstars  :(

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Smackdown Spoilers for 24/06/11
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2011, 08:53:28 AM »
At least sheamus is somewhat in the world title picture and Wade is on a major tv show every week and was IC Champ. Poor Drew can't even get on TV he even jobbed to Zack Ryder in a dark match on Raw. i remember last year at MITB he looked like he was gonna win it and he had so much heat at the time when he reached up he got such a reaction. its a shame they threw him in a team then jobbed him out and moved him to raw to do dark matches.

doesn't look like a great SD though . Jinder mahall beats someone up again with no real story progression, we get more Zeke/Barret. and Ted loses again and who would have thought? Sin Cara wins...at least Cody picked up a win this week though wish it would have been on Cara though instead of Bryan.

I don't like Henry getting the pin on Orton so Christian gets the title shot and wouldn't if Henry attacked kane that mean christian gets DQed and Kane wins the match and the no 1 contendership?

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
I don't like Henry getting the pin in case he says he deserves a title shot for it next week and that means we get Henry back around the main event scene, the horror!  :eek:

Awesome news that Rhodes got a win this week, shows he is not being buried. DiBiase on the other hand is being buried but at least he is getting screen time every week which sadly is an improvement.
Its mainly awesome because now we get to see a proper Bryan/Rhodes feud.

Cara winning is to be expected, he hasn't lost a match yet and it wouldn't be to Ted DiBiase of all people. I want someone to beat Cara though because he is a botch monkey who needs to earn his place, he isn't a solid midcarder yet like Bryan or Rhodes.

Zeke winning his first title defence= (Y) I love it when the IC is actually put on the line, makes the belt have a purpose and seeing as its the best thing to win for a midcarder looking to hit the main event it needs to be given more credibility.

Where the fuck is Sheamus on the show? Fuck Henry! We all know he is never going to win the world title. He deserves a tag title and I wouldn't even mind seeing him feud with Zeke for the IC title tbh but he needs to get the fuck away from the world titles as I said earlier.
And if Christian faces Orton and loses again then that is just pointless burying and a waste of time. If they intend to have Orton win again they could at least throw Sheamus in to make it a triple threat so Christian doesn't have to take the fall.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2011, 02:41:25 PM »
Orton Punted Sheamus in the head last week. I'm sure they are selling his injury.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
Both of you need to stfu, Henry is awesome and deserves a nice little run. One of the most underappreciated big men in the history of the business. Like Leo I hope he gets a small title run before he retires.

That main event sounds like a mess though.

I'll probably pass on this show, looks borign.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2011, 03:08:27 AM »
Awesome? He's been in the business 15 years and gets the least amount of fan reaction on the roster. In the fatal 4 way Christian came out to applause, Sheamus came out to loud boos, Orton got an ovation of cheers and Henry got silence.
I just don't see him as being threatening as he used to be sexual chocolate and he has won two titles in 15 years.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2011, 05:14:07 AM »
The way WWE books him is not his fault. Sexual Chocolate happened like ten years ago, who gives a shit? As a badass who just destroys people he's great, and the last couple of weeks he's gotten good reactions taking out Big Show and Kane. It's a matter of booking him properly and he's always just kind of been a throwaway character, and that isn't his fault. You prove my point when you point out he's been in WWE for 15 years, just like Kane the guy's paid his dues and he's been a good employee, he deserves a parting gift as he must clearly be on his way out soon.

Offline J.D

« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2011, 07:16:45 AM »
In that case Goldust should be in the main event too. He may have missed a bit more time but he has been around as long as the Undertaker and was wrestling matches way before Henry's arrival. And he's better in the ring and has served as a great midcard champion which Henry never has.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2011, 08:10:02 AM »
Or one better William Regal. i will say he is better at the domination thing that Jackson though but he's jobbed so much i can't take him seriously and when they push him it just seems so forced.

Offline J.D

« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2011, 08:30:09 AM »
I was going to save Regal for an inevitable counter attack  :))
And agreed Henry is better than Jackson at the domination thing. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Henry get the IC title because although I don't want to see him around the world title scene he does deserve a little something more than a measly two titles for his time in the WWE. Hopefully he wins a few tag titles before he leaves too like Big Show and Kane have done recently.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
In that case Goldust should be in the main event too. He may have missed a bit more time but he has been around as long as the Undertaker and was wrestling matches way before Henry's arrival. And he's better in the ring and has served as a great midcard champion which Henry never has.

The difference is that Mark Henry actually looks like can be a legitimate main eventer based on his look. Not to mention he's not half bad in the ring considering he's a 400 pound strongman. It would be better than the Great Khali winning the title, sometimes big guys need titles to justify the fact that they're dominant.

But for the record, Goldust left the company several times and was never legitimate past the IC division. Henry's been a loyal WWE employee for 15 years straight.

(and I actually do think that Regal should have gotten a reign but he ruined that by taking steroids)

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2011, 02:39:06 AM »
Goldust might look like a twat with paint but he is better in the ring than Henry, was a fan favourite and has a good build (tall and muscular) Henry is just fat with no charisma and as I said after fifteen years nobody even knows who he is.
Its highly embarrassing the lack of reaction he gets.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2011, 04:54:50 PM »
SD sucked this week. Maybe I was in a bad mood or something but every single thing about this show annoyed me.

First of all, the booking for Christian is ridiculous. It's one thing that he's a heel and that he doesn't always get what he wants, but does anyone find it warped that he gets screwed out of his match at the PPV, pins the champ, gets attacked by Orton, and he still has to "earn" his title shot? I get that they needed to book a main event, but it makes them look like a joke when they're so clearly face bias like that. Say what you will about the Anon GM but he actually does split his time from being fair to the faces and being bias to the heels. Maybe that's the problem with having a face GM like Long. Time for him to go. Why couldn't they just say, okay you get your title shot but here's Kane to soften you up?

The announcing reached pretty much the boiling point for me this week. The whole fucking night all it was was Booker mumbling and Cole acting like a fucking jackass. You know that friend that everyone has that has to correct you when you're wrong, even if it's irrelevant? Booker says some stupid shit but why does Cole have to correct him every single fucking time? They spent the entire night explaining the difference between a side slam and a sidewalk slam ffs.

I'm also done with the whole Cody Rhodes being crazy. His voice is just stupid, he's trying too much to be like Mick Foley and it isn't working, and I think the character has past its prime.

The rest of the show was pretty much irrelevant. Horrible SD to be honest. Now I know why I haven't been watching lately.

Offline J.D

« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
I laughed at your description of Cole. And yeah I hate the way he corrects Booker on irrelevant things, he did that to Lawler too. Honestly Josh Matthews is the best on commentary tbh (even better than Lawler because he has been pretty shit too for the last few years- he was good as a heel commentator.)
Josh Matthews- Underrated. He is humble and he speaks less shit than Lawler and Booker and isn't a patronising twat like Cole.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 27 June 2011, 01:40:42 AM »
Humble? hah! Matthews is a total dick too just watch NXT last season he was as big of an asshol to todd grisham as cole was to everyone else.

Jack Kopella or whatever his name is the superstars announce for SD with Striker is my favorite. very well spoken calls the action right and seems to know a lot about wrestling and what's going on if anyone is underrated it's him.