Linked Events

• WWE Money In The Bank: 17 July 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Money In The Bank 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 2252 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* Money In The Bank 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« on: 21 June 2011, 08:35:10 PM »

July 17th, 2011
Chicago, Illinois

Confirmed matches:
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Champion
Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

RAW MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH
Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Evan Bourne vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. The Miz

SMACKDOWN MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH
Sheamus vs. Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater

Big Show vs. Mark Henry

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Brie Bella

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Re: *OFFICIAL* Money In The Bank PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
Money in the bank is advertised as being on Sky sports from skysports.com... It's good that I don't have to pay for Money In The Bank I just find it odd they would make us pay for something like Capitol Punishment but give us Money In The Bank for free.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
That is odd.

I'm expecting a great show both MITB matches should be great and then Cena vs Punk should also be great and if they go ahead with Christian vs ORton that should be great as well beings all there matches have been thus far.

Gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the card plays out. Maybe we get Show vs Henry or Show & Kane vs Henry & ADR or someone else. i was thinking we might get Morrison vs Truth but i think they are waiting until Summer Slam for that now.

I really don't know who the favorite is going into these MITB matches. i guess first step is to see who is in them but you can pretty much tell by looking at the roster. maybe for Raw Del Rio wins so he can use MITB to challenge cena at Summer Slam like has been rumored since he came to raw. would love to see morrison win but i doubt he will be in the match. Over on SD Rhodes would be a good pick as would Bryan but i think its gonna be someone like Sheamus or Henry unfortunately.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2011, 03:39:15 AM »
Here's a thought: Punk wins, who ever won RAW MITB (say Rey Mysterio as he's the next top face) comes out and takes it from him. That said, I don't see them taking the belt off Cena this close to SummerSlam unless he could get it back quickly. But a thought nonetheless.

I'd say save Morrison vs. Truth and put them in MITB where Morrison can have a big first match back.

Orton vs. Christian should be a near lock especially with the screwjob at the PPV and Christian pinning him at RAW.

Then you gotta fill out the card with a Divas match and one more match. Show vs. Henry would make sense, whether you add in ADR and Kane depends on whether you want them in MITB. I can see ADR winning MITB and cashing in at SummerSlam. Kofi vs. Dolph also, and maybe a Miz vs. Riley rubbermatch

MITB matches should be interesting. Plenty of candidates for it. If I had to make early predictions for who would be in the matches:

RAW: Evan Bourne, Mason Ryan, John Morrison, R-Truth, Kane, ADR, Jack Swagger

Smackdown: Sheamus, Sin Cara, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Ted Dibiase, Wade Barrett, Gabriel/Slater?

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2011, 06:34:19 AM »
I believe CM Punk vs. John Cena has the potential to be the match of the year just based on the crowd alone.  I hope they don't let me down, but this is the same arena that gave us the great HHH vs. John Cena match at Wrestlemania 22.  Then add on top the fact that its CM Punk's hometown and that this is promoted as his last match of the forseeable future.  I hope we aren't in store for another year long title reign for John Cena (seems inevitable), but if CM Punk has any sort of agreement that he will stay loyal to WWE and come back only to them when he regains his motivation I hope they give him the win.  I don't see Vince doing anything that can hurt his product, such as his top championship or champion trashing the WWE in another company on another tv network.

My scenario is CM Punk wins and cuts a promo that he's walking away on top, something no one else would have the balls to do.  The next night on Raw a bunch of main eventers complain to either the anonymous GM or Vince himself that they can't wait for Punk to come back so they set up a tournament leading into Summerslam.  I think it would consist of Cena, Miz, Mysterio, R-Truth, John Morrison (if healthy), Alberto Del Rio, Alex Riley, and Dolph Ziggler.  The finals would be Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio with the other 6 breaking off into 1 on 1 feuds at the PPV.  At this point I would give ADR his chance at the belt, but I don't know if Cena would lose to Punk at MITB, let alone two PPVs in a row.  The whole problem with my booking is that Cena never loses so its hard to book when a guy is so invincible.

The winner of the Summerslam tournament would receive an entirely new Championship belt that they could market.  Fast forward past Cena pinning the Rock at Wrestlemania 28 to next Summer.  CM Punk returns with the Spinner belt leading to a feud with the current champ.  CM Punk says he's the longest reigning champion in decades, that the current champ never beat him, etc.  Easy to plot out the rest from there...

As for the 2 MITB matches, I think they stick with the formula from last year where one veteran and one up and comer win the briefcases.  I think Mark Henry is being positioned for the veteran spot and either Evan Bourne or Alex Riley for the up and comer.  Remember, Bourne was getting a major push before his injury and they wanted to have him beat Sin Cara this week before the power to the people error.  They couldn't justify Mason Ryan losing to Evan Bourne so things were switched on the fly.  How often do you see a guy get a 2 minute video highlight package then lose in the next segment?  Never.

Originally, I'd have booked Miz to beat Alex Riley at Capitol Punishment only for Miz to win MITB and then Riley challenge for and win the briefcase at Summerslam.

My predictions:
1.  If Mark Henry (Smackdown Veteran) wins, then one of Bourne/Riley/Morrison(if healthy) win.
2.  If The Miz (Raw Veteran) wins leading to a Riley match at Summerslam, then Cody Rhodes wins.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2011, 07:16:39 AM »
Didn't think about that but now it seems so obvious. if punk does win someone cashing in on him would make a lot of sense though i still can't really see punk winning. i also like the idea about the tournament but then again i doubt that will happen too. but sometimes WWE does like to shock us.

Also got to wonder if this will finally be the time where the guy cashes in and loses. i think it will be. besides ADR there just isn't anyone with a lot of momentum going into this that looks to become the next breakout star. I'd like to say Morrison but his injury has kind of ruined that just with the timing. him then there's truth but he just got a title shot. and a lot fo the other guys have already been champion (Miz, Swagger, Ziggler, Kane, Show, Sheamus Rey) or isn't really getting pushed right now at least right at the main event level (Kofi, Bryan, Cody, Ted, Bourne,Mcintyre, Barret) and the there are the guys who i just don't feel are ready (Riley,Sin Cara, Zeke) so I'm thinking the Sd winner will probably cash in and lose. while the raw winner will be ADR and he wins at SS. if i had to guess I'd say Sheamus,Henry, or Barret will win the SD MITB. but I'd like to see Bryan win it or Cody Rhodes.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2011, 03:14:27 AM »
I really hope Sin Cara doesn't win.
I could actually see this being Kofi Kingston's chance to finally get a big win as he has done everything there is to do in the midcard.
I hope Rhodes wins this though, I just think he has really upped his game in the past year and I can see him being a great future champion.
Alex Riley, Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan, R-Truth, John Morrison and Evan Bourne are all possibilities too. Hell even Christian might win this.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2011, 04:07:43 AM »
Updated the card. RAW MITB participants confirmed as:

Kofi, Miz, Riley, ADR, R-Truth, Mysterio, Bourne, Swagger

Mostly makes sense, and I get why Kofi is there but I feel like he's being screwed out of a good one on one match with Dolph at the PPV, and it leaves Dolph without a match despite the fact that Kofi just pinned him. Obviously we'd all want Ryder in there but they could have went with Drew or someone else for that 8th spot. I feel like they were booked into a corner with this since Mason Ryan is apparently injured and JoMo isn't ready to come back... oh well.

Divas match confirmed, whatever.

Big Show vs. Henry seems like a lock now, and i'm loving this feud.

Christian vs. Orton should be all but official too.

Decent looking pay-per-view, can't wait to see who's officially in the SD MITB match and if they put anything else on the card.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2011, 06:29:55 AM »
I can't help but wonder what Dolph is gonna be doing on this show now. i think he should be in MITB. maybe they have some other match for him though? Zack Ryder maybe? Doubt it beings Kofi just beat Dolph and if anyone is getting a shot it's him. i don't see why they don't just make that a 1 on 1 match or make Riley vs Miz a 1 on 1 match and then with the open spot put Drew in or Ryder.

Spoiler:
Maybe with Del Rio winning the #1 contenders match he will say he doesn't even want to be in such a match like MITB(kind of like when edge won the title @ NYR)  and says he's already getting his shot so Ziggler can take his place.

WWE Title match,
World Title match.
MITB SD
MITB Raw

All sounds great...Show vs Henry....Divas match....not so much.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2011, 03:13:18 PM »
For the record WWE.com took Punk vs. Cena off the card on WWE.com but I'm leaving it on. Clearly the image is still on their server lol

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 30 June 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
The SD MITB participants have been announced but I won't add it until it's official.

Spoiler:
Daniel Bryan vs. Sin Cara vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel.

Which means Orton vs. Christian but they've been pushing that Sheamus should be in that match hard on SD. I have a feeling he'll win MITB and put himself into the match.

Otherwise makes sense, really happy with that 8. Ted jr. gets screwed though, he should be in this match. Honestly they should just put Sheamus in the title match and give Ted Jr. the spot. If Sheamus doesn't win I'd say the next favorite would be Barrett.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #11 on: 1 July 2011, 02:38:16 AM »
Spoiler:
So that leaves Jackson out. i guess they wanted to leave both champions out for some reason? i don't get why but it's obvious that's what they're doing. i don't get how Gabriel and Slater get into the match when they're losing to the Uso's every other week.

Sheamus seems to be a lock to win the SD MITB and either cash in that night or at Summer Slam. but i don't know i can't see Sheams and Del Rio winning MITB and both cashing in so soon. we need a shocker and someone who hasn't been in the mainevent to hold it for a long time and cash in. which makes me think again del rio will optout of the match due to him already being no 1 contender or just not win it and then maybe we have Kofi,Bourne  (Y) ...or even Riley...uggg.  :dohw:

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #12 on: 5 July 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
The Punk/Cena chaos is very interesting to me.I would have Cena loses and if you guys don't remember will get a title shot at the next ppv I would imagine so their needs one more wrestler in the Raw MITB.Cena can lose and get a title shot again.You can do the same with Punk as well.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
Here's what I think of everyone's chances

Raw

Alberto Del Rio- Obviously a big name going into this with a great chance of winning. However Del Rio recently won a number one contender's match so perhaps if Punk were to beat Cena Vince will come out and say Del Rio was the number one contender anyway and Del Rio may fight Punk for the title to win there and then. So perhaps Del Rio does not need to win this match.

Rey Mysterio- The LEAST likely guy to win this match, Rey is over and does not need this win nor can I see him fitting as a serious contender into the title scene right now. He wasn't even there on last week's Raw anyway and I wouldn't even be shocked if someone else was given his slot.

Evan Bourne- I feel he has a very slim chance of winning but it is still a possibility. But I feel Bourne will play the Shelton Benjamin type role where his role is to pull off all the spots and make the match amazing and memorable and put in a stellar performance but not to be the guy holding the briefcase at the end.

The Miz- Obviously has a big chance, he won last year but Punk won two years in a row so that doesn't lessen his chances. He has recently become less prominent on Raw since losing the title so perhaps this will be the big win they need to give him to make us remember that he is still one of Raw's top dogs, plus him and Riley could feud with the briefcase.

Alex Riley- I thnik this guy has a big chance going in as well, he is on the rise and they clearly have faith in the guy. A big win like this would give the fans more familiarity with him and would add something to his WWE resume so far to give his character some history.

Jack Swagger- Swagger has won before but nobody remembered, I feel that he has a slim chance of winning but if he were to win they would bring out the angle of him doing it this time to be remembered and how he is a force to be reckoned with.

Kofi Kingston- The high flying midcarder is put in this match for the spots but that does not mean he does not have a chance of winning. I would rank his chances as medium-high. He has an excellent belt history and has done everything to do in the midcard, perhaps this is his time to shine and he has the fanbase and fan familiarity to make a good MITB winner.

R-Truth- Big chance of winning, he has been on a role recently even beating Cena. However I can see truth winning. Morrison returns and says to put the briefcase on the line seeing as Truth put him out of action its only fair, Truth doesn't want to be seen as a coward so accepts again and loses. The conspiracy storyline continues and Morrison gets the briefcase.

Smackdown

Wade Barrett- Big chance of winning, he has fronted the original Nexus and the Corre and now needs something to do upon losing the IC title, the timing could be convenient.

Daniel Bryan- Big chance of winning, I can see Bryan winning the MITB and he could somehow make promo's tying it in to CM Punk and Cobana, how the ROH guys are taking over etc.

Cody Rhodes- Big chance of winning but I feel as he is one of the most deserving they won't let him win to "surprise" us which would kind of suck as I really would like to see him win it.

Justin Gabriel- The high flyer thrown in to spice the match, slim chance of winning. I would say he is Smackdown's Evan Bourne.

Heath Slater- Smallest chance of winning but getting into the match is a brilliant opportunity for him. Either Slater or Gabriel winning could create some great promo's mocking Barrett but I don't see it as a likely occurrence.

Kane- Medium- High chance of winning. He has a chance because on the SD spoilers it seems as if they are spicing up his personality somewhat so perhaps the monster can begin to terrorize Orton or Christian.

Sin Cara- Big chance of winning but he is the guy I least want to win. He could have just been put in for his moves (cough Botches.) They seem to have a lot of faith in this guy and are pushing him fast (and pushing him down our throats) so I could fully see him winning this match. In fact I would almost say he is the favourite  :dohw:

Sheamus- Another guy with a big chance. He has won the KOTR before but that does not mean he cannot win this match. The only reason I think he might not is that I can imagine him winning the Royal Rumble instead. You can never count out Sheamus though and he is so hilarious on the mic that it would be bloody funny to see him cut promo's to the champion. Plus he is probably the guy who can get the most reaction out of any of the listed and the guy who can really pull off a main event match.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
Del Rio IMO is the only obvious choice on RAW although I could see Miz winning too. On SD it's a little more crowded but I'm going to go with Sheamus because they've been pushing him hard and I'd imagine he'd be the one to cash in the same night.