Author Topic: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2011/06/17  (Read 808 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2011/06/17
« on: 15 June 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
Source: PWInsider.com

Smackdown opens with World champion Randy Orton coming out and announcing his concussion but says that he doesn't care and still wants a piece of Christian. Teddy Long comes out and says he can't allow Orton to compete. Christian comes out and says he's going to win the World title this Sunday. This brings out Sheamus who says he beat Orton last week and he's the one who deserves a title shot. Christian calls him Strawberry Shortcake and tells him that it's not his time. Long announces Christian vs. Sheamus for the main event tonight. If Sheamus wins, he gets into the title match on Sunday and it's a Triple Threat. If Christian wins, the match remains as it currently stands. Orton will be at ringside but not allowed to get involved.

*In a rematch from Raw, Sin Cara & Daniel Bruan & Ezekiel Jackson defeated Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes & WWE Intercontinental champ Wade Barrett when Bryan pinned DiBiase in what was obviously a terribly screwed up finish as the referee counted three as DiBiase kicked out.

Note - they did show the replay of the finish, so perhaps it was a storyline thing - just came off really weird.

*Sheamus cuts a backstage promo promising to beat Christian tonight and Orton Sunday to become the new World champion.

*Jinder Mahal defeated Vladimir Kozlov.

*Josh Matthews interviewed Big Show inside the ring, asking why him why he was here on Smackdown. Show said that he heard Alberto Del Rio was going to be here. Long comes out and says that if Alberto is here, Show cannot lay a hand on him. He said that Del Rio is contemplating pressing charges on Show for what he did to Ricardo on Raw. Long said he and Show will both lose their jobs if that happens (the crowd cheered, really), but Show has an opponent tonight - Mark Henry.

The match never really happens as Show goes nuts and destroys Henry, laying him out. Officials and medics come out and Henry is stretchered out.

*Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes & Tamina defeated AJ, Natalya & Kaitlyn when Tamina pinned AJ with a Samoan Drop.

*Johnny Curtis cuts a promo backstage saying his debut is near and (standing near a miniature gold setup) he's going to be the Ace in the hole, pulling an Ace Card out of the hole.

*Christian cuts a promo backstage saying the match against Sheamus is a bad call and he shouldn't have to prove himself to anyone.

*The Usos defeated Justin Gabriel & Health Slater.

*Alberto Del Rio arrived and cut a promo saying that Ricardo was destroyed by Big Show and can't provide for his own daughter anymore. He promised to dedicate his win this Sunday to Ricardo. They made it out like he was gone for good. Show came out and Del Rio chased into the crowd by The Big Show. Show was all mad and destroyed the ringside table.

*Christian defeated Sheamus. Randy Orton chased him to the back, then returned to punt Sheamus to close the taping.

I don't understand why the Show / Del Rio stuff couldn't be over the last two RAWS. It sounds really well done. I love Big Show being dominant again and just destroying people.

I odn't know if Orton having a concussion is a work but the whole thing just comes off as a little weird. Interested in Christian vs. Sheamus though but it would have been nice to add Sheamus to that match on Sunday.

Usos on a win streak lmao

Faces beat the heels in that six man tag again... this time I don't see the point.

Overall looks like a hit or miss SD.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2011/06/17
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
Oh great Cara and Bryan win again. Rhodes has gone from winning streak to jobbing to those two because DiBiase the chief jobber keeps getting pinned. Plus Jackson does not deserve the IC title, he gets no reaction whatsoever. Just give Cara or Bryan the IC title off Barrett and have Rhodes feud with them for it in a feud where both guys get wins.
If Jackson wins IC title it will just be another champ nobody cares about.

Big Show/ Del Rio stuff could have been on Raw I agree but it seems alrite.

The Uso's getting a win is interesting. Pretty big win for them too. They are a solid tag team and the type of guys who work well together and should hold the tag title rather than those monkeys on Raw. Hopefully they get those titles too as I always saw potential in the Uso's.

Jinder Mahal gets another win, great stuff. Giving him a win each week will get his fan familiarity up a bit but the guy already seemed to draw a lot of heat last week.

I think I would have preferred a triple threat too unless Christian is going to actually beat Orton.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
I like Jackson actually. I think he's been put in a shit feud with the Corre but there's a certain simplicity about his moveset that actually works in my opinion. At first I was like why the fuck is he only bodyslamming people but it's actually kinda cool. And his matches are actually decent considering the guy was green as fuck a year ago. I think he can be a huge star and getting the IC title will make him legit.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2011, 01:57:23 AM »
He has the looks but the guy has excruciating mic skills and I just don't enjoy his matches. He is as sluggish as Kane and considering that's a comparison to a veteran far past his prime this early in his career that is not a good thing.

Barrett on the other hand can go far, the guy is the full package but needs to face someone better in the ring.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2011, 02:13:51 AM »
Yeah I agree with John Doe about Jackson, i don't like the guy in the ring and he isn't good on the mic either and for what he's supposed to be which seems like he's supposed to be an unstoppable monster type big man i don't think it's worked too well. and he doesn't get too much reaction either.  With that said i don't dislike jackson but i just think he's a long ways away and needs a lot of work still.

Barret on the other hand is great on the mic and has a good charisma to him but when he's in the ring he's really boring to me. Maybe if Sheamus and Barret became a tag team they would be the perfect team because what one is missing the other seems to have. Or maybe if Barret could get into a feud with Daniel Bryan and have some good matches it would help him in the ring and we could see a really good match out of him which i can't recall seeing to date.

Uso's beating Gabriel and Slater is kind of odd to me. I'm wondering if this is more a push for the Uso's or just a tease of Gabriel and Slater breaking up as well.

I like Jinder Mahall but the only thing i don't like about him is his finisher, you gotta get something better than the full nelson slam.

Sin Cara and BRyan over Dibiase & Rhodes yet again is kind of annoying, just because it's hardly a feud when only one side of it wins.

Offline J.D

« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2011, 05:52:45 AM »
They are just not letting the tacky botching power ranger lose a match are they? The guy can't speak and he botches everything even his own flip. I have counted more than one botch in every match he has been in yet and I'm not making that up if you rewatch all his matches you will spot such blatantly obvious ones.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
He has the looks but the guy has excruciating mic skills and I just don't enjoy his matches. He is as sluggish as Kane and considering that's a comparison to a veteran far past his prime this early in his career that is not a good thing.

Barrett on the other hand can go far, the guy is the full package but needs to face someone better in the ring.

I've heard much worse on the mic and Kane was never exactly a high flyer. And I think people look too deep into his ring style, I like how he's carved a style out for himself with the bodyslams. He's a big man wrestler and that's what should be expected of him. I think he has charisma and could be a main eventer in the future if they give him a proper mouthpiece. It's interesting to see the big guy go through the rungs of the ladder as those guys usually get hotshotted into the main event to be fed to a big face.

I like Barrett, although I find him a little boring in the ring at times. But like you said I'll save judgement til I see him in a proper feud with a good wrestler, as I don't think he's actually had that. Would love to see him go up against Orton next.

Yeah I agree with John Doe about Jackson, i don't like the guy in the ring and he isn't good on the mic either and for what he's supposed to be which seems like he's supposed to be an unstoppable monster type big man i don't think it's worked too well. and he doesn't get too much reaction either.  With that said i don't dislike jackson but i just think he's a long ways away and needs a lot of work still.

This I can agree with. He's definitely not ready for the big time but I like how he's going through the midcard title, which like I said is not something you see usually with a guy his size.

I think just like Barrett it's a matter of not having a good feud. The Corre vs. Zeke feud has been shit, same crap every week. Zeke takes on the entire Corre and gets beat up until he tosses them out of the ring. So I'm looking forward to how they handle it at the PPV.

Offline J.D

« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2011, 09:37:23 AM »
I don't remember hearing worse than Zeke on the mic. Even Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison are better, at least they could string a sentence together. Zeke can only cut a very short promo and he just doesn't seem to be confident with it. I remember one time he had like 5 words and he got them all jumbled up then just stood there looking like an idiot. He doesn't come across as threatening either which is odd for a man of his size. In the ring he isn't great but yeah I don't have anything against the body slam thing as it brings back the old school wrestling which is ok in modertation. He just needs to improve dramatically on the mic really. I do however really like his look, he looks the part for sure.

Barrett is leagues ahead because he is excellent on the mic, comes across as a natural leader and is much better in the ring (watch his older stuff.)

Both men need a better feud but I'm sure if both were given a great opportunity it would be Barrett who would shine.