Author Topic: Raw thread for 6th June 2011  (Read 1019 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Raw thread for 6th June 2011
« on: 6 June 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
More Cena/Truth stuff
More Riley/Miz stuff

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Raw thread for 6th June 2011
« Reply #1 on: 7 June 2011, 12:19:16 AM »
Also more Ziggler/Kofi Stuff and more Swagger/Bourne stuff.

I'm wondering if they are going to do more Rey/Punk stuff. i think what they should have done was have Punk & Ryan win the tag titles and Then defend against Rey & Bourne or not draft Cara to SD and have Rey & Cara become tag champs.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 7 June 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
I cant watch it for the next three weeks as streaming is slow where I am at but I read the results and am content with the show. Don't know how well it plays off on TV but on paper it looks good. Main event was predictable as of last week but thats not to say it wasn't a great idea.
Getting Booker involved is cool, his comments on Swagger during matches seem to imply he is a big fan of the guy and hopefully he can elevate Swagger back up to he level he was at. I hope so as Swagger is imo one of the top five in ring wrestlers at this point in time.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 7 June 2011, 11:39:13 AM »
It was an entertaining show but it didn't do much to progress things. One thing that annoyed me is the New Nexus's recent winning streak completely flipped itself, you have McGillicutty and Otunga beat Big Show and Kane two weeks earlier, and then have McGillicutty lose to Santino, great booking right there... Punk losing to Mysterio wasn't so bad but i think Punk needs the win and to be honest both need to move on to other feuds.

Most of the wrestling on this show was standard, nothing spectacular, I thought Punk and Mysterio could pull off a better match to be honest.

Entertainment wise, great show, wrestling wise I thought it was weak. Good RAW though I enjoyed it mainly because of Austin being there!

Offline J.D

« Reply #4 on: 7 June 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
Punk has won a fair few matches recently and Rey has lost a fair few so I wouldn't say Punk needed that win. Agreed Santino over McGillicutty is ridiculous.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #5 on: 7 June 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
R-truth wearing that confederate uniform  was funny.Punk and mysterio had another solid match and I was pissed when santino won.Last week's show was better.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 7 June 2011, 05:03:53 PM »
Was in and out of the show because of the Sony press conference but nothing seemed to blow me away. Best part was definitely the opening segment with Austin announcing the Tough Enough winner with Vince and then R-Truth coming out and seceding from the WWE rofl. Once he cuts back a little on the crazy thing I think he's definitely world champ material, I honest to god hope he gets a run at some point.

Rest of the show was pretty forgettable, ending was good even if the match was predictable. Curious to see Austin as the GM.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 7 June 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
I just remembered that's happening next week, I've just thought of something amazing. What if Austin just did something to stop the Anonymous GM and take over the reigns for himself, how sweet would that be :D

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 7 June 2011, 05:52:11 PM »
Ya, declare himself permanent GM and unplug the computer lol. Then the Anon GM can come out of hiding

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #9 on: 7 June 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
Im watching this strictly for Zack Ryder.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 7 June 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
I enjoyed the show.

Liked seeing Booker T wrestle again. I don't think it helped swagger look any better of course but at least he's in a feud, i still believe if you swapped ry and bourne in these feuds they would be a lot better and they would help both swagger and bourne a lot more.

Zack Ryder in a match on Raw was BEAST. really it was a good short match and Ziggler on commentary i thought was great and vickie didn't even have to speak ziggler showing he can talk to i hope they let him talk more in the future.  i was hoping Ziggler would grab kofis foot or vickie would distract the ref and ziggler help Ryder win but oh well Ryder on raw is a start.

Enjoyed the tough enough stuff

However did not enjoy the R-Truth stuff for the first time in weeks, it just seemed kinda stupid in a non good way. the main event was predictable.

Rey vs Punk was pretty good, i don't wanna see these guys feud again but its just WWE's booking crew and all they can do right now since they booked everyone else in feuds.

Santino over MM just makes me lose any hope i ever had for the new nexus that isn't Punk & Ryan. and made me realize that all new nexus was there for was to be a transitional champion before vladtino gets it back and probably drops it to kahli and mahall.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 7 June 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
Santino just pisses me off to be honest. Does anyone genuinely find him amusing? I just find him an awful stereotype with an awful accent and I wouldn't mind the fact he gets a win every now and then if they made him semi-serious. He is a judoka and his stuff in OVW as Boris Alexiev was actually quite good, I wish they would show more of that even though I used to do Judo and even instruct to 8-14 year olds when I was 14-17 and the moves he did were not all that difficult.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 7 June 2011, 11:52:35 PM »
I find him amusing sometimes the only thing i wish for santino is that he would change the cobra. he can still do it just let it be a direct set up to a move that might actually seem like it could beat a man.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 8 June 2011, 01:06:38 AM »
Sometimes I wish he was a more serious character but I don't really care, he amuses me too and he usually doesn't steal too much of the show.

Totally forgot to comment on Booker, loved that he wrestled. He still looks good for his age and he would be decent enhancement talent while commentating on SD.

I actually didn't like Dolph on commentary too much, he seemed to be getting overexcited about everything and it was kind of annoying, although I liked how it made Vickie shut up lol.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #14 on: 17 June 2011, 05:32:42 AM »
Former ROH World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were on hand for this week's WWE television tapings in New York and Rhode Island. Both worked out in the ring in front of officials before each show.

Castagnoli signed a developmental contract with WWE in November 2006 but was released a short while later for reasons that have yet to be publicly disclosed.

I really don't give two shits if this will kill indy wrestling because there two really fucking deserve a shot in the WWE. They are by far the most talented talents not signed by any other company out there today and its just depressing to not see them on the grand stage.