Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers for 3/06/11  (Read 973 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Smackdown Spoilers for 3/06/11
« on: 3 June 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
Smackdown! starts:

- Christian pins Mark Henry for the win. He grabs the microphone and demands that Teddy Long comes out. Teddy makes his way to the ring as Christian demands to be placed in the title match later tonight between Randy Orton and Sheamus. Long does not like the idea but makes Christian the special guest referee instead.

- Alicia Fox and Tamina defeat Kaitlyn and AJ (The Chick Busters as they called them selves on twitter this past Tuesday) for the second week in a row. They had no manger this week in what was a very short match.

- Cody Rhodes comes out and trash talks Daniel Bryan. I won't go into details but I like where this is going. Both of these men are very talented and can put on fantastic matches, so I'm glad to see them face off against each other and not play the underdog in a match against a beast like Batista, Jackson, Henry...

- Jinder Mahal (with Great Khali) beats Yoshi Tatsu in his Smackdown! in-ring debut (I think I'm right but correct me if I'm wrong). Khali put Tatsu in the vice afterwards as he acts as Mahal's body guard. Poor Yoshi is treated like garbage by the WWE yet again, much like every other Japanese wrestler in the last 15 years.

- Ezekiel Jackson beats Wade Barrett (with Corre) for the Intercontinental title by count out. As you all know Barrett loses the match but retains the gold. Lame finish only because Barrett is forced to play the coward role yet he is a 6'5 monster of a man. Jackson fights off Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel as Barrett escapes. This is most likely leading up to a PPV match between the two men, I hope Wade wins because he is great on the mic, he has a great look and is a very hard worker. Jackson I don't care for at all.

- President Obama's Capitol Punishment promo (June 19th in Washington D.C.).

- They must have been giving John Cena shirts away for free because every kid in the crowd had one.

- Tribute to the troops video hits and so does the "USA" chant. I personally dislike these videos because I'm Canadian and I want to watch wrestling not a "USA Army advertisement" that promotes America's policies across the globe. I'm sure you will disagree, that's just my opinion, I'm not insulting the troops, but I would be happier if they didn't air these videos.

- In the back, Sheamus tries to kiss up to Christian, but he fails.

- Daniel Bryan wins over Ted Dibiase Jr. (with Cody Rhodes) via LeBell Lock. Rhodes hands out more paper bags. Rhodes and DiBiase beat down Bryan, but Sin Cara makes the save. Will this be a tag match at Capital Punishment? Is this the beginning of a tag team between Cara and Bryan? Will Legacy reunite for a long stint? Will Chavo Guerrero ever be in a serious feud again?

- Randy Orton takes out Sheamus with a Super-Duper-Ultra-Awesome-Unstoppible move known to all the creatures of the land as an RKO. Christian was the referee. Christian also decks Orton with the title after the match and I destroyed my replay button.

Overall Rating of Smackdown! 7.5/10. Good Show but not Great.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: Smackdown Spoilers for 3/06/11
« Reply #1 on: 3 June 2011, 01:46:47 PM »
Fantastic Smackdown 10/10.
What they failed to mention in the spoilers was that Sheamus should have won the match and Christian cost him. The main event match was awesome. Sheamus has improved so much in the ring and each one of his recent matches has been excellent. That move where he hoisted himself up on the top rope was pretty awesome. What is fantastic about this is each of the three guys looks strong. Orton because he has beat Christian twice, Sheamus because he got robbed of the title tonight and Christian because he got robbed of the number one contenders match.
Christian turning heel I actually saw coming the minute he was made guest referee. We speculated he made turn heel but to be fair I saw him just being buried. Although he is arguably the most likeable face within the business the guy does make a fantastic heel too. When a decision like that is made you pretty much know where things are heading and that the referee will play a huge angle within the match.
It is unpredictable who will get their hands on the title first, Christian or Sheamus. Really would be happy with either and just excited to see how and when this happens.

The rest of the show was good too, a win over Henry was needed to cancel Henry out of this equation (which is excellent as Henry does not belong in the main event imo) and so another failed run for Henry really.

Jinder Mahal looked dominant. I recently said a wrestler should use Khali as a bodyguard to win matches and this seems to open up a great angle for these two guys. Khali is utilised in a way which isn't some stupid kiss cam crap and Mahal begins an interesting debut with his mystical and evil gimmick. Mahal seems promising to me and seems to be getting heat from the crowd already.

Jackson/Barrett was same old/same old and this is the one storyline I have not been the slightest bit interested in on SD. There are better people to give the IC belt too right now. Jackson just does not get much of a reaction and Barrett is great but I am getting a bit bored of this Corre stuff and would rather see a Barrett/Slater/Gabriel feud to end it all right now and those three guys could put on some great triple threats.

Bryan/DiBiase was a really good match and its interesting to see they are keeping DiBiase's role as Rhodes' accomplice. Sin Cara getting involved shows they are through with the Chavo stuff. Despite the great matches that could have come out of this it actually makes sense because Cara is unbeaten so far, they are clearly building him up to be something so it is highly obvious that he will never lose to Chavo of all people. I expect a tag match next week on SD. Perhaps this is way of turning Rhodes' attention on to Cara (as Cara wears a mask.)

All in all a fantastic SD.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 3 June 2011, 03:10:05 PM »
I will check out this week's for the main event.Im love to watch orton go against quality wrestlers  like sheamus.Where did mahal,wrestle before coming to wwe?

Offline J.D

« Reply #3 on: 3 June 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
Its called wikipedia bruv. He came out of FCW.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 4 June 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
This was a good Smackdown, standard match from Christian and Henry to start the show, predictable promo from Teddy Long once again.

Plenty of build for Bryan and Rhodes feud with the promo from Rhodes and the match between DiBiase and Bryan. I thought the ending of that match was hilarious, literally as soon as Bryan won Rhodes just came in and kicked the crap out of him lol. One thing I will say, they need to give Bryan the mic, the guy showed he can work a crowd during his time on NXT and this is holding him back from connecting with the fans; he could quite easily drop into Evan Bourne's trap of going nowhere if WWE don't give him promos. Hopefully we will see some more mic work from him though. I'm hyped for this feud, three guys who can put on a show in the ring, and DiBiase is showing a bit more talent now being on Smackdown. Sin Cara botched a hurricanrana again, dunno if anyone noticed though as Rhodes covered it up well.

Who the hell is this AJ and where did she come from?

Enjoying Jinder Mahal and as Doe mentioned Khali's position as his bodyguard is working effectively, it could really establish him as a threat. Works for both guys imo, but I'm getting the feeling that Khali being his bodyguard is going to be a brief stint :/

Corre splitting was good, I'm kind of annoyed they didn't do more with The Corre but oh well, seems like the WWE decided to split them over Nexus to make a point of the WWE being unpredictable but instead no one cares about either anymore as neither went anywhere. I expect a fatal four way for the IC title at Capitol Punishment, should be an interesting bout and could be unpredictable.

Main event was enjoyable and I thought Sheamus bagged the win for a second. I wouldn't go the distance of saying Christian is a heel just yet, heel move yeah but clearly he wanted to send a message to Orton. Will have to wait and see for next weeks show. I expect an announcement for a triple threat at Capitol Punishment for WHC next week.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 5 June 2011, 06:25:23 AM »
I fell asleep during part of the main event, which is unfortunate, but otherwise I loved this show. Opening wasn't the greatest match but it was a good way to start the show. It's been forever since either show has started with a match instead of a promo and we need more of it. I didn't see Christian turning heel coming actually, I thought they would just have another weird finish and tease tension, but they definitely pulled that off well.

Ted vs. Bryan was a fantastic TV match. Chalk it up to Bryan being amazing but I thought Ted looked great, just when we all brushed him off. I like the idea of this being more or less of a tag team feud for a little bit and I definitely want to see all these guys wrestling tag and regular matches against each other. And it's great to see Cody have purpose again, but the weird crazy voice he does during promos is starting to get a little annoying. It sounds more like he's out of breath than he's angry or crazy.

Jinder Mahal is a beast, he's already reminding me a lot of ADR.

Jackson vs. Barrett was better than their PPV match while it lasted, at times it actually looked like Barrett was going to win. This is starting to turn into another Nexus situation where no one in that group can have a damned matched without interference or DQ. I really want to see where they head with this or if we're doomed to seeing DQ match after DQ match. Zeke better win that title soon.

Overall, really enjoyed myself during SD this week.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

« Reply #6 on: 5 June 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
Yeah I noticed Cara botched again but Rhodes covered it up quite well. Cara's second hurricanarana on DiBiase was bloody awesome though :D
Rhodes' voice is sounding pretty stupid as Prax said but he is receiving heat and it is an original gimmick so I am not too fussed about that.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 6 June 2011, 05:00:22 PM »
Who the hell is this AJ and where did she come from?

AJ Lee - Wikipedia - You may know her from NXT Season 3 (if you watched it).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 7 June 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
BTW I don't know if anyone talked about it, but did anyone notice that weird-ass promo from Johnny Curtis? Crying over spilled milk and then pouring it on his head... a little freaky. Glad they addressed the R-Truth situation though, wonder what they do with Curtis now.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 7 June 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
Oh yeah that was hilarious, it was random as hell but funny stuff

Offline J.D

« Reply #10 on: 7 June 2011, 08:37:25 PM »
That was one of the weirdest things ever. What is his gimmick supposed to be? Dustin Hoffman from Rain Man?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 7 June 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
I don't remember much from the show but i do remember Daniel BRyan and Ted Dibiase having a really good match.

I Also remember that weird Johnny curtis promo that just didn't work in any way for me. i don't get what they were doing.

and Christians heel turn or possible heel turn was good on Orton.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 7 June 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
I Also remember that weird Johnny curtis promo that just didn't work in any way for me. i don't get what they were doing.

I admit that it was odd, but I thought the "there's no use crying over spilled milk" reference made sense - I have no idea how they can move on from it though.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.