Author Topic: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 5/27/11  (Read 807 times)

Offline Dale

*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 5/27/11
« on: 25 May 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
SmackDown:

* World Champion Randy Orton opens the show but is interrupted by Christian. He talks about Over the Limit and challenges Orton to another match. Sheamus and Mark Henry both interrupt. Teddy Long comes out and says the same guys are still arguing about a title shot. Christian vs. Henry vs. Sheamus is booked for tonight's main event.

* Sin Cara defeated Chavo Guerrero in their rematch from Sunday. This was better than the pay-per-view match.

* Cody Rhodes and his employees brought out more brown bags. Cody insulted the crowd until he was interrupted by Daniel Bryan to a pretty big pop from his homestate crowd.

* Daniel Bryan beat Cody Rhodes with the LaBell Lock. After the match, Cody Rhodes attacked him, layed him out with a CrossRhodes and put a brown bag over his head.

* Booker T enters the ring and invites Michael Cole in. Booker talked about Cole losing to Jerry Lawler at OTL and applauded him for apologizing on RAW. Booker wants Cole to apologize to the SmackDown fans. Booker played Cole by ducking his handshake and showing a pic of Lawler's foot in his face. Booker gave Cole mints like Lawler did on RAW.

* Backstage interview with Christian.

* Kane defeated The Great Khali. Jinder Mahal came out after the match and shoved Ranjin Singh. Khali went to help Ranjin up but ended up crushing him with the vice grip. Mahal and Khali left together.

* Ezekiel Jackson beat Heath Slater by DQ when The Corre interfered while Zeke was controlling the match.

* Backstage interview with Sheamus talking about the main event.

* Tamina and Alicia Fox beat AJ Lee and Kaitlyn, who had Natalya at their side. Alicia hit the axe kick for the win.

* Sheamus defeated Mark Henry and Christian to become the new #1 contender to Randy Orton's World Heavyweight Title.
Looks a really good SmackDown does this.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 5/27/11
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
Sheamus being the new number one contender = great.

Cara and Chavo getting a rematch to make up for the bitch at OTL = great.

Bryan feuding with Cody = great.

Kaitlyn on TV = great

Booker sassing Cole some more = good.

I reckon this will be a great show.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
Ok Yoda :P

Looks decent i wonder if Ted is one of Cody's bag guys now or if they just dropped anything they had planned with him all together?

also from reading the superstars spoilers we get the return of armando estrada to be tyson kidds new manager. which should be good i always thought they kinda screwed him he got over a lot and was a great manager to umaga then they just kinda took him away and put him on ECW where it didn't really work. also the match should be really good too. but i hope they aren't just going the route where kidd gets a new manager every few weeks and i'll be glad when he makes it to SD.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
Sheamus becoming number one contender is great, I want to see a really bitter, nasty and brilliant feud between the two.

Rhodes feuding with Bryan is amazing, both are brilliant in the ring and it is nice to see Bryan get a good win. As long as the feud gives both men wins and is beneficial at building both further then this is fantastic. Rhodes has excelled in his Mysterio feud so I'm hoping this will be great. No DiBiase is a small shame but lets be honest a Rhodes/Bryan feud over that anyday and the guy has done nothing of note since Legacy.

Sin Cara vs Chavo will be good.

Jackson and Slater ending in a DQ is same old predictable crap. All these matches Zeke owns them then wins by DQ. Its fucking boring.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

What? :S

Looks decent i wonder if Ted is one of Cody's bag guys now or if they just dropped anything they had planned with him all together?

also from reading the superstars spoilers we get the return of armando estrada to be tyson kidds new manager. which should be good i always thought they kinda screwed him he got over a lot and was a great manager to umaga then they just kinda took him away and put him on ECW where it didn't really work. also the match should be really good too. but i hope they aren't just going the route where kidd gets a new manager every few weeks and i'll be glad when he makes it to SD.

ARMANDO ALEJANDRO ESTRADA. EPIC WIN :mrk

I'm going to miss the way he said Umaga though :(

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

Lol. It was a reply to the way dale said "Looks a really good SmackDown does this."

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2011, 01:23:42 AM »

Lol. It was a reply to the way dale said "Looks a really good SmackDown does this."

OH I thought you were referring to me haha. Carry on :ace

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
- Sheamus is the new #1 contender to Randy Orton's World Heavyweight Title after defeating Christian and Mark Henry in a triple threat on last night's WWE Friday Night SmackDown.

WWE notes that Sheamus will get his title shot on next week's SmackDown, not the Capitol Punishment pay-per-view.

Haven't seen the show yet but thats interesting that they are just giving him the title shot next week, of course this could be just to end it in a DQ but who knows Orton could be hurt or something and dropping the title to Sheamus or maybe a change of plans.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
Based on this week (Orton interfering and taking Henry out) it's going to end in some sort of disqualification with Henry and/or Christian interfering and leading to a fatal fourway at the PPV (interesting how I can see the RAW title feud being a fatal fourway too... might as well just have called this PPV Fatal Fourway lol).

Overall it was a pretty good show. I missed the Cody/Bryan stuff but otherwise I liked what I saw. Even Kane vs. Khali was watchable.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 2 June 2011, 02:38:20 PM »
Did anyone else think what was the point in the Booker T and Cole promo, literally the most pointless thing ever. I would assume it will lead to something with Cole (hopefully anonymous GM) the segment looked incredibly awkward. Otherwise it was a decent Smackdown. I'm loving this Jinder Mahal guy, at least with Khali turning heel we don't have to see that retarded Khali kiss cam thing. Mark Henry not winning again and not getting over with the crowd another week just shows the guy shouldn't be in the main event, if they want to push him to the main event (which they clearly do), they need to make him legitimate, the guy has been there for too long to just be made to look bad week after week and needs that "slow build" treatment before being shoved down our throats in the main event.