Author Topic: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Corpus Christi, Texas  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Dale

* Opening match was Christian vs. Sheamus.  Winner: Christian via pinfall.  Mark Henry comes out to attack Christian after the match and Sheamus joins in on the attack against Christian. Randy Orton comes out to the ramp. He hesitates at the top of the ramp but eventually comes to make the save.

* WWE Divas Champion Brie Bella vs. Natalya.  Winner: Brie Bella.

* Ezekiel Jackson comes out to cut a promo about being the dominant force on Smackdown. The Corre comes out and surround the ring and get ready to attack Jackson but Teddy Long comes out to announce a 6-man tag match. The Corre vs. Ezekiel Jackson & WWE Tag Team Champions The Big Show & Kane.

* The Corre vs. Ezekiel Jackson & WWE Tag Team Champions The Big Show & Kane in 6 six-man tag team match.  Winners: Jackson, Show & Kane.

* Chavo Guerrero comes out and cuts a promo saying he can beat anyone in less than five minutes. Daniel Bryan comes out and accepts the challenge. Chavo is unable to beat Bryan in the allotted time and loses the challenge.  Chavo starts to attack Bryan after the match but Sin Cara comes out for the save.

* Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase come out and begin passing out paper bags for the crowd. Cut a promo about hideous the crowd is. DiBiase is set to wrestle.

* Ted DiBiase vs. Trent Barreta.  Winner: Ted DiBiase.

* World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry.  Winner: Randy Orton via disqualification. Sheamus comes out and attacks Orton and both Henry and Sheamus pound down on Orton. Christian comes out to the ramp and waits a while before finally making his way down the ramp to make the save.
Nothing amazing on here but fair enough build leading into OTL.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Wow sounds quite interesting. Possible heel turn for Christian- Rhodes and DiBiase reunited (although I hope DiBiase doesn't ride the success of Rhodes' gimmick too much as Rhodes is by far the superior one of the two.)

Main event is so crap, why is Henry in it?

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Poor Cody... I honestly thought he could have got a World Title shot sooner or later but with this its seems he's back to square one  :(

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Brie still  with the title, geez just give it  to Kong or throw it in the garbage.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Poor Cody... I honestly thought he could have got a World Title shot sooner or later but with this its seems he's back to square one  :(

I think they are building him slowly, remember he's only 25 and has beat Rey at WM and been in a successful stable.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
nodq.com

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase came out. Cody got major heat for the paper bags when DiBiase said he represented Corpus Christi with a bag over his head.

I don't know how to really read into that. im not sure if Ted is so down on him he's pretty much codys little bitch now or maybe its something else.

I Don't see how its a possible heel turn for christian when Orton did the same thing he did earlier. just both being good guys but not too good cause they gotta face that guy at the PPV.  it doesn't sound too special to me just decent build for the match.

Not that i care much but the bella girl going over natalya kinda seem pointless...guess she had to defend sooner or later anyways.

Bryan/Chavo/Cara stuff sounds interesting. Bryan & Chavo should be pretty good.

and Corre and show/kane/jackson just doesn't really interest me personally.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Another hot-and-cold sounding show.

Things that interest me:

Sheamus vs. Christian

Orton vs. Henry (fuck you guys, someone has to be the Henry mark around here and I haven't seen LEO around lately)

The hesitation of Christian and Orton to make the saves, sounds like great booking.

Chavo vs Bryan w/ Sin Cara.

Things I'm NOT interested in:

ShowKane beating Corre again. ENOUGH ALREADY. Makes Corre look like shit losing to the team that can't beat Nexus. Although I don't mind the Zeke vs. Wade feud.

Women's shit.

Things I'm on the fence about:

Priceless getting back together. Obviously Ted is the winner in this partnership, but I'm curious to see how the tie in him joining up with Cody again. Cody needs a proper feud but I don't mind them taking it slow with him. I can see them giving him MITB.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

Tbh I think Cody needs Ted just as much as Ted needs Cody right about now. Don't get me wrong i've been enjoying what Cody's been doing especially the stuff with Rey but i'm finding his act is become slightly stale already. The promo's seem to be the same thing, ugly people in the crowd, put a bag on, hiding behind a mask etc and with no obvious midcard face to feud with that would wear thin pretty quickly. Hopefully this little thing with Ted puts another slant on his character for now while a midcard face spot opens up.

Offline J.D

Tbh I think Cody needs Ted just as much as Ted needs Cody right about now. Don't get me wrong i've been enjoying what Cody's been doing especially the stuff with Rey but i'm finding his act is become slightly stale already. The promo's seem to be the same thing, ugly people in the crowd, put a bag on, hiding behind a mask etc and with no obvious midcard face to feud with that would wear thin pretty quickly. Hopefully this little thing with Ted puts another slant on his character for now while a midcard face spot opens up.

This is true. Cody was praised for amazing matches at WM and Extreme Rules and because he hasn't done much for a couple of weeks he needs something to do. However I don't think he needs Ted, he just needs someone to feud with. Ted needs him a LOT more.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Well I don't think that his gimmick is growing stale, I think they're just misusing him or they don't have anything for him. The guy hasn't had a feud in a month so he's kind of forced to do the same promo every week. I've been saying this a couple of weeks now, and like John said, give him a proper feud and a few proper matches and he'll bounce back. This is Smackdown's writers fault, not Cody's.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

Re: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Corpus Christi, Texas
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2011, 02:35:08 AM »
Exactly. I would have feuded him with Cara because of the mask thing but as Cara and Chavo's thing seems to be the best part of SD at the moment they should feud him with someone else. IMO they did it all wrong, Christian should have kept the belt and feuded with Sheamus and Orton feuded with Rhodes but as they would never do that and as Orton would probably bury Rhodes perhaps another alternative would have been to team Rhodes up with the Corre as their leader (rather like Punk.)

Someone will always be left out though when it comes to these things, unlucky its Rhodes but he will always bounce back. Perhaps if Zeke wins belt and beats barrett in a few rematches they will feud Zeke with Rhodes anyway. Seems quite logical.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
How crazy did Orton go before and after RKOing Mark Henry. Odd but funny lol.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2011, 04:56:55 AM »
I loved how casual he was going into that RKO on Henry, and then the bit afterwards was just completely out of character  ;D

Offline J.D

« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2011, 11:26:02 AM »
For lack of a better word it was almost...gay lol