Author Topic: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Orlando, Florida  (Read 1896 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results From Orlando, Florida
« Reply #15 on: 8 May 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
I wouldn't say it was better than their previous matches, on par with for sure but when Sheamus won the belt off Bryan was a fantastic match.
I wouldn't mind a Rhodes/DiBiase feud as the two have history and Rhodes could elevate DiBiase up to his level, as long as they don't de-push Rhodes in the process as honestly I think he is one of the best upcomers at the moment.

I could see Rhodes feuding with Sin Cara though seeing as he hates the idea of masks so would seem logical he would turn his attention to that.
However Cara could also feud with Barrett in the process winning his first gold so who knows.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 8 May 2011, 08:10:27 PM »
Though I too am disappointed in Christian losing the title again so soon, I hope that it is just the start of a storyline between the two.

Like I said over on the site, there is no excuse for death threats that some fans have allegedly sent to Orton (I say allegedly as I haven't seen them myself, just read people mention that some have) and it baffles me that people could take it so personally.

I agree with Adam about the Cody Rhodes promo, I was expecting somebody to interrupt to start something with him, but as nobody did there didn't seem to be any point to it.

Interesting to see the Kharma attacks continue as I'm wondering where they're going to take it, but it's sad to read that Alicia apparently got injured with that clothesline.

One thing that I don't understand though: Why does Sin Cara have to keep wrestling under his entrance lighting?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #17 on: 8 May 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
As I have said previously I actually really enjoy the matches taking place under the entrance lighting. I feel they add something new to the matches and the colour fits in well with the blue theme of SD.
Maybe they do it to cover up botches  :giggle

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 8 May 2011, 08:20:35 PM »
I guess if his opponent was to win they would bring the lighting back up, but I just thought it seems to make it too obvious that Sin Cara will win.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lighting really is to cover up any botches too though, but it was good to see that he didn't botch his entrance this week either.  :)
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
I've only just caught this Smackdown as I've been doing some work the past few days. For the most part this was a decent Smackdown, I had low hopes at the start with Mark Henry and Great Khali coming out, could you find two more useless competitors to challenge for a title shot? Enjoyed what Christian said to them though in that opening promo and liked the build for the match later tonight although I'm pretty sure I read the result a day or two ago in another topic.

Jinder Mahal seems bland on the mic, might need to see more of him but so far I really couldn't give a crap.

Didn't really catch Bryan vs Sheamus but what I saw of it, it seemed alright.

Cody Rhodes promo  was quite funny and was good to further his character, i liked how they darkened the arena as well. I'm really enjoying his push right now which is saying a lot considering how shite he used to be. Right now though I'm getting a vibe that WWE won't do anything with him like they did with the awesome heel run for McIntyre with McMahon backing him constantly, and CM Punk in SES. Right now I feel he needs to make that push to main event level otherwise it will be for nothing.

Big Show match I didn't really catch much of either but I was glad Zeke won I just hope its the end of that feud now and we get Zeke vs Barrett at some point. Backstage brawl was done really well as well I thought, lots of heat to it.

Kharma thing was good at least she's a diva that I somewhat enjoy unlike the usual tripe we get.

Was I the only one hoping that Tyson Kidd beat up Sin Cara? Not that I hate Sin Cara he is exciting in the ring and has the kind of look people seem to love but he bores me otherwise and his music annoys me. I really hope WWE do something with Tyson Kidd though lots of potential to him that isn't being used :/.

Teddy Long blah blah blah, I found this arse kissy and forced as if it was used to explain what happened later and why they did it.

The main event was a really good match to be fair, definitely PPV worthy its just frustrating with the end. To be honest though, I don't mind Orton winning too much as I've really started to like him again the last couple of weeks, seems to be developing a personality again which he sort of lost right when Legacy started. It just felt like a hollow result really and wasn't needed, Orton has held the belt more then enough times and has a big enough crowd following to not need the belt to keep viewers watching. As others have said, it isn't necessarily the fact Christian lost, its more the way it was done, the timing, the fact it was on a taped show and really it wasn't a worthy title reign. Same thing with Ziggler a while ago and I think the most frustrating part of it all is when its done to the guys that I seem to always like and not someone who truly is shit like Great Khali for example. I'm not bitter that Orton has the belt, just the way it was done is a

Can't say I didn't see this coming, as I predicted this right after the draft......Unlike most of the WWE universe, honestly I don't see Christian as a World Champion caliber guy, hes a scrawny guy who has developed no personality in the WWE other than riding on Edge's coattails the last few weeks.  I think it was a nice gesture for the WWE to actually let him win the belt at the PPV since they were almost booked into a corner with Edge's sudden retirement.
You know what I couldn't disagree more, of all the faces in WWE I think Christian is about the only one I can get behind as he has a likable personality, shown in the opening promo. Honestly I think that is probably the hardest trait a wrestler can have as few have it now imo. He looked like he could have had a decent run as he looked like he really appreciated holding the title, no offense to Orton but you don't get that intensity from him and it will probably be another generic reign from him rather then something different. Whilst I like the Miz, he doesn't really have a more main event look to him then Christian imo, he might be bigger but he isn't as good in the ring, the body language and intense looking face Christian has, yet I would still class Miz main event. As for Christian riding on Edge's coattails, well that was the story he was given before Edge retired, but I don't think he is as one dimensional on the stick as Matt Hardy is, who is probably the best person to compare Christian to on this situation.

Christian deserved it and the fact that fans are so riled up with him losing shows that. I hope and think he can get another run, especially on a fairly weak Smackdown show. I just hope he doesn't turn heel as he isn't a stale face and can show more with that personality.