Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* RAW Thread for 2011/05/02: The Biggest Party Ever  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Dale

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110501_rockbday_l.jpg
Watch The Biggest Party in TV History tonight on Raw and celebrate The Rock’s birthday!

----------

Look forward to tonights show, plus all the fallout from Extreme Rules.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* RAW Thread for 2011/05/02: The Biggest Party Ever
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
Should be a good one but I don't know how much I'm going to cast. Got an election to follow :ace

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
Should be a good show. Haven't really enjoyed The Rock that much outside his opening promo, so hopefully tonight is different.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
Probably the worst time for rock to be on a show, usually at this time with the first show after the draft goes into effect we get to see some freshness and see new guys start to get pushed a bit but this will probably be one of those shows where if you're not a big name you won't be getting on TV.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2011, 09:37:27 PM »
I see a title change. I see The Rock wanting a title match for his big birthday present and either screwing Cena or someone else does and having either Miz get the belt back or Alberto Del Rio winning the belt.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2011, 12:20:20 AM »
Im going to see Fast Five for the Rock's birthday present.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2011, 04:21:33 AM »
Awful show. I'm glad Cena/Miz delivered, having a really solid match. Will be interesting to see what happens going into Over The Limit. - The Rock stuff was meh, the ending was overdone. Hope next week is better.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2011, 05:00:05 AM »
I Haven't seen all the show i skipped all the rock parts besides the ziggler/vickie/mae one i'll watch it later. but i gotta say i thought Miz vs Cena was a great match. WAY better than there mania match. and i really liked Kingston & Rey vs Drew & Swagger. though not really looking forward to another rey vs del rio feud we just had one when del rio came in right at the end of las year.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
Outside of Cena/Miz, R-Truth continuing his heel turn and Mason Ryan stealing Batista's move set I thought this was an awful show despite coming off a rare in this era above average PPV the night before.  At this point I get that the Rock is a huge movie star, a former great champion, and popular with the fans, but this night accomplished nothing.  Why does Rock get to drop in every 4 weeks now, get his ass kissed and then he continues on his way to his payday at Wrestlemania (which I'm looking forward to, but thats still 11 months away)?  Each Rock episode has been boringly repetitive and most storylines get dropped for the entire week just to accommodate his screen time.  I was totally expecting some sort of angle to play out with his celebration at the end, but we were just left with streamers and party balloons =/.  Set up an angle with Miz for Summerslam, create more tension in the ring with Cena....outside of if the 3 moments I listed in the first line, this show was a boring infomericial to the Rock's brand.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2011, 06:59:35 AM »
I missed a lot of RAW, but from what I saw I have to say that Narc was right on the money there. This show did nothing for no one outside of the Rock's box office draw and Cena/Miz (although from the looks of it that tag match was good and we got Kharma again), and it's starting to get annoying. Get used to this for another 11 months folks.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
It was his birthday so I get that they wanted to celebrate it in Miami. Have to wait next week to see more build.
I love the Rock, he is one of the greatest to ever step foot in the ring but they gotta stop milking these things or everyone will get tired of him. This is a one off it was his birthday so yeah, acceptable. I found the Mae Young thing funny and him owning Vickie though. The ending video was nice but other than that it just seemed like a bit of a celebrity bash and I wanted to see some wrestling.

I 100 percent agree with adam I don't want to see ADR feud with Mysterio, admittedly his comments about Mysterio being a Chihuahua and a little dog who follows him around brands was fucking hilarious but we have seen the feud already. I guess they can milk the mexican thing more on Raw though and get both properly settled into the company before they give ADR a title push so it does make sense.

Mason Ryan stuff was good, him getting built as the monster type, although hopefully they don't shove him down our throats too much till he pays his dues.

R-Truth's attack was good.

Tag match was ok but if Swagger and McIntyre are going to lose every week on Raw then fuck that.

Cena/Miz was the best part, both looked strong.

To be honest SD is going to be the show to watch this year.

Small things I noticed: Mysterio went to grab some Mysterio masked kids head and the kid retreated then went to do it to Mysterio after and he didn't bother and the kid held his hand out for the mask and mysterio gave it to another kid so the kid started clapping but was clearly jealous. Was just a funny moment.

Everyone booed The Rock when he said the word hurricane.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
When one of the best segments on the show is from the divas you know its a pretty pitiful show, a shame after coming off such a strong PPV as well. The first half an hour was hard to watch for me and I almost gave up on the show but luckily we had a pretty good Divas segment with Kharma and an awesome WWE Championship match, definitely the finest part of the night. I enjoyed Del Rio on commentary, he seemed like more of a dick then normal which is a good thing, plus it was funny seeing his failed attempt of an attack on Rey Mysterio. Enjoying R-Truth as well. Most of the stuff we got aside from the patriotism and Rock's birthday party was actually really good, it was just those 2 things that really made me sick and tired and hated watching it and unfortunately it was overdone in my opinion. I enjoyed the Rock's re-debut promo but since then he's just become generic and boring, I honestly want Cena to deck him in right now at Mania 28.

Offline J.D

« Reply #12 on: 3 May 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
I think you summed it up best a few weeks ago chappers when you said that people loved The Rock because he did stuff but now he is just dwelling on what he did which is boring. People have dwelled on the rock since he left the company for 7 years, we don't need to dwell on his return to.

I was always more of an Austin fan anyway, Austin comes back and hosts tough enough not to promote himself but for the good of the company. Austin never sucked up to the fans either but you could tell he appreciated them and when he did show his respect you knew he meant it which is precisely why I liked him.

The Rock just "panders" to the fans to be honest. Cena is a bit sickly sweet to the fans too but with him you actually get the impression he really means it and does actually care about his fans whereas with the rock I see him as being egotistical.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2011, 07:03:27 PM »
I think you summed it up best a few weeks ago chappers when you said that people loved The Rock because he did stuff but now he is just dwelling on what he did which is boring. People have dwelled on the rock since he left the company for 7 years, we don't need to dwell on his return to.

I was always more of an Austin fan anyway, Austin comes back and hosts tough enough not to promote himself but for the good of the company. Austin never sucked up to the fans either but you could tell he appreciated them and when he did show his respect you knew he meant it which is precisely why I liked him.

The Rock just "panders" to the fans to be honest. Cena is a bit sickly sweet to the fans too but with him you actually get the impression he really means it and does actually care about his fans whereas with the rock I see him as being egotistical.

Say what you will about Cena but he's always been the hardest worker in WWE. He always comes back early from injuries, works every show, goes on every tour and still films movies and appearances. The guy lives and breathes WWE and even if he somehow manages to get "Rock fame" he'd never leave WWE for  7 years.

You can sort of tell that Rock got the itch to wrestle, you could see it in his eyes at mania, but he's still here for all the wrong reasons. It's to plug his movies (even if he doesn't outwardly mention it), it's to get his face on camera so studios can see him and hire him - because let's face it, supporting role in Fast Five, as well as it did, Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain... not exactly an A-List filmography. It's about him. Adam you said it perfectly with Austin. He's in movies too now, he could be doing it for fame but he isn't. He's doing it for the fans and for the business. I always liked Rock for what he was, but right now, I'm kind of sick of him.

Offline J.D

« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2011, 07:53:21 PM »

Say what you will about Cena but he's always been the hardest worker in WWE. He always comes back early from injuries, works every show, goes on every tour and still films movies and appearances. The guy lives and breathes WWE and even if he somehow manages to get "Rock fame" he'd never leave WWE for  7 years.

You can sort of tell that Rock got the itch to wrestle, you could see it in his eyes at mania, but he's still here for all the wrong reasons. It's to plug his movies (even if he doesn't outwardly mention it), it's to get his face on camera so studios can see him and hire him - because let's face it, supporting role in Fast Five, as well as it did, Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain... not exactly an A-List filmography. It's about him. Adam you said it perfectly with Austin. He's in movies too now, he could be doing it for fame but he isn't. He's doing it for the fans and for the business. I always liked Rock for what he was, but right now, I'm kind of sick of him.

You mean John  O0