Author Topic: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 27/04/11  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Dale

*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 27/04/11
« on: 27 April 2011, 03:39:55 AM »
Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

* The opening to the show has been modified to include the new 'drafted' Superstars.

* Randy Orton comes out and cuts a promo to open the show.  Drew McIntyre comes out wearing a Raw shirt and goes for the attack.  Randy Orton counters connecting with the RKO. Alex Riley is out but also falls victim to an RKO.  Alberto Del Ri and his crew come out like they are going to attack Orton but Christian comes in to make the save!

Teddy Long is out to announce tonight's main event: Christian & Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio & Brodus

* Kofi Kingston attempts to come out to the ring but is attacked by SheamusSheamus connects with the brogue kick.  Sheamus is helped to the back...

* Michael Cole introduces Jack Swagger with a 'pig call' (mocking JR).

* Sin Cara b. Jack Swagger
 - Cara dominates most of the match.  He gets the win via roll-up pinfall.  During the match Michael Cole attempted to give Swagger a foreign object.

* Kane & Big Show b. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel to retain the World Tag Team Championship.

* Rey Mysterio b. Mark Henry
 - Rey Mysterio gets the win via disqualification after Cody Rhodes comes out and attacks Rey.  Cody Rhodes & Mark Henry double-team Rey Mysterio and then paper bag him.

* Layla El vs. Michelle McCool
 - The match only goes for two minutes and ends in a double-count out.  Layla El challenges her to a no count out; no disqualification match at Extreme Rules Sunday.  McCool accepts and says the loser must leave SmackDown.  Layla complies with the stipulation.

* Christian is interviewed backstage by Matt StrikerChristian discusses his title match at Sunday's Extreme Rules pay per view as well as Edge's retirement.  He said it is his destiny to be called the 'World Champion.'

* Christian & Randy Orton b. Alberto Del Rio & Brodus Clay
Looks pretty mish mashy till next week when everyone is on their proper show, but still looks to have some decent stuff on there

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 27/04/11
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2011, 05:00:19 AM »
Looks pretty random but whatever, I'll give them a pass if it's bad this week.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2011, 06:24:33 AM »
Cara vs Swagger could be good. i don't see the point in them feeding Alex and Drew to Orton for no reason. Orton & Christian teaming up could be interesting.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
Okay Smackdown. I really liked the fresh feel and look of the show that comes after the draft.
Cara and Swagger was ok, could have been better, really enjoyed the lighting for that match mind. The tag team match was ok, Mysterio and Henry was pretty boring but seeing Rhodes come out and fight Mysterio aided more hype for their match at Extreme Rules.
Main event was ok too.

I am thinking there's a possibility Orton will somehow get involved in the WHC and screw Christian over (who manages to retain regardless) so he turns heel and feuds with a face Christian for the title.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2011, 05:15:25 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what the point of burying Kofi like that was? Everyone's saying "trade him to RAW", but what they did to him on this show doesn't make me confident about his future on that brand, or any brand. That said, that was really good for Sheamus and I like how he's now "full steam ahead",

Opening was better than I thought it would be considering Orton was doing his normal burying. Frankly, I don't think I have too big of a problem with it. I've come to terms with Super Orton. John, no way they turn him heel, he's Cena with 100% of people cheering him.

Despite what people say about Henry I like the new direction and I always liked it when he was a heel. I hope he gets a decent push.

Cara and Swagger was decent.

Overall, forgettable smackdown.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2011, 07:57:01 AM »
I didn't really like how Sin cara vs Swagger was done is such weird lighting. i didn't like the match as much as i thought i would either.

Rey vs Henry was meh for me. i for one don't like henry getting the push i just can't take him seriously anymore maybe if this was back in like 2004 when he was a heel with teddy long and was beating the hell out of guys like HBK i could buy it but not now.

Didn't like Orton RKOing Drew or Riley. i don't see why he couldn't have done that to guys like chavo or the uso's instead of guys who might actually have a chance.

I didn't mind the sheamus/kofi stuff. sheamus attacked kofi from behind and had the advantage kofi never really had a chance to fight back and he did get a win over sheamus on raw and probably will beat sheamus again at ER so i see no problem with it.

Kind of tired of seeing Corre vs Show & Kane every week im ready for both teams to feud with someone else.

Maybe im a debbie downer tonight but i didn't even really enjoy Orton & Christian vs Del Rio & Clay.

1 thing that did interest me was the backstage segment with kahli ranjin and that new indian guy.

Offline Dale

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2011, 02:41:42 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what the point of burying Kofi like that was? Everyone's saying "trade him to RAW", but what they did to him on this show doesn't make me confident about his future on that brand, or any brand. That said, that was really good for Sheamus and I like how he's now "full steam ahead",

Opening was better than I thought it would be considering Orton was doing his normal burying. Frankly, I don't think I have too big of a problem with it. I've come to terms with Super Orton. John, no way they turn him heel, he's Cena with 100% of people cheering him.

Despite what people say about Henry I like the new direction and I always liked it when he was a heel. I hope he gets a decent push.

Cara and Swagger was decent.

Overall, forgettable smackdown.
Might just be me, but I didn't see it as a Kofi burial, more a Sheamus revenge act. Don't forget Kofi got a nice rub in the draft battle royal and then later went on to beat Sheamus. If it was just Sheamus doing what he did to Kofi during a match then I would agree with a burial, but given that he attacked Kofi during his entrance I have no problems with it and see it as a way for them to do Sheamus/Kofi for the US belt at Extreme Rules so that Kofi can take it to Raw.

Anyways, even though the show was a tad messy because of the mixture of guys, I actually enjoyed it.

The Orton stuff I actually didn't mind as it wasn't just mindless Orton burying shit. When he was cutting his promo though anyone else notice how alot more facey and normal he seemed with him smiling and such? Kind of reminded me of his Evolution character a bit.

Kofi/Sheamus I covered above.

Cole is dreadful.

Swagger/Cara was cool although what was with the TNA Xplosion lighting lol? I do like how they're making Cara very Rey like in that more often that not he's going to be the underdog.

Tag titles was ok. Hopefully that's the end of the feud though. Maybe the New Nexus goes for them now?

Rey/Henry I actually enjoyed and must admit that I love Silverback Henry. The Cody/Rey brawl was pretty good too.

Womens I skipped, although LOL at the worst dubbing ever.

Main event I found myself enjoying aswell. I really love Brodus and think the WWE could have hit gold with this guy.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2011, 12:36:15 PM »
Yeah agree with Mickie and Adam it wasn't a burial. Kofi picked up a solid win the night before. It is the equivalent of saying Mysterio got buried by Rhodes during the attack.

Orton was smiling more, its actually refreshing to see him smile for a change.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2011, 05:05:53 PM »
Womens I skipped, although LOL at the worst dubbing ever.

Yeah that dubbing was terrible lol, I swear they cancelled out all the sound from the arena to put that in and it didn't flow well at all.

I didn't mind Sheamus beating up Kofi, the guy needs it more then Kofi right now who has been doing alright the past couple of weeks. Plus its entertaining to see a beating.

I watched this show last night and honestly I can't remember much of what I saw which is probably a bad thing but I don't think it was down to boredom, just more down to a lot of it being related to the draft and not really holding much clout with future storylines.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
Fair enough about Kofi, I didn't think of the fact that he looked good on Monday. I'm still skeptical about his potential run on RAW though, we'll see.

BTW one thing I really loved on SD, and it might be a little thing, but was Swagger doing push ups on Cara after a big move. I hope he continues doing that.

Offline J.D

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Fair enough about Kofi, I didn't think of the fact that he looked good on Monday. I'm still skeptical about his potential run on RAW though, we'll see.

BTW one thing I really loved on SD, and it might be a little thing, but was Swagger doing push ups on Cara after a big move. I hope he continues doing that.

Yeah. That was cool. I love Swagger despite a lot of people seeming to not be fond of the guy (not just on this forum too.) I think he speaks like a dick but thats what makes it funny and he should try be really, really annoying to get more heat. I actually enjoy everything I see of him to be honest. A year ago I said Swagger and Ziggler would be the next big things, I don't take that back just yet but for Swagger I don't see him making it just yet.

I don't see Kofi making it at all, if he turned heel he wouldn't be liked and not hated in a good way (like The Miz, Chris Jericho or Alberto Del Rio) but hated in a bad way where he would just be booed. But face he is so boring, he was cool as the chilled out guy but thats going to get him nowhere then with his mean streak added he seems to be a bit conflicted with his gimmick. His in ring talent is amazing but I think he is the equivalent of Shelton Benjamin- a great talent who just doesn't show the charisma to get by.
Morrison has the same problem but he seems to have a large following despite that so I don't think he would bring ratings down as bad therefore there is more hope for him as a champ and with history with The Miz who is huge right now he has more connections going for him but yeah he is kinda the Marty Jannetty.

Ziggler is the midcarder who I see the most hope for right now. I would have said Del Rio but seeing as he has won the Royal Rumble he is pretty much main event already.