Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Draft Discussion: April 25, 2011  (Read 2145 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* WWE Draft Discussion: April 25, 2011
« on: 18 April 2011, 08:13:39 PM »
USA Network issued the following press release ...

THE 2011 WWE(R) DRAFT TAKES OVER "MONDAY NIGHT RAW," MONDAY, APRIL 25 AT 9/8c

The entire roster of WWE Superstars and Divas will take part in the 2011 WWE Draft next week, April 25, on MONDAY NIGHT RAW live on USA Network at 9/8c.

In a thrilling night of television, all WWE Superstars and Divas, including WWE Champion The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and SinCara along with WWE Divas Champion Brie Bella, Eve and Kelly Kelly could be drafted to either RAW or SmackDown.

After Monday Night's momentous draft, John Cena could be on "Friday Night SmackDown," which airs each week on Syfy at 8/7c and Rey Mysterio could be coming to MONDAY NIGHT RAW.

The Annual WWE Draft is a chance to renew old rivalries or have WWE Superstars face off against each other for the very first time, bringing a new and fresh feel to each show.

For more details on the WWE Draft, log onto www.wwe.com.

I don't really understand why they don't wait a week for after the PPV as these things tend to fuck up storylines.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Draft Discussion: April 25, 2011
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2011, 08:26:36 PM »
Gail Kim and Alicia Fox to SmackDown and Beth Phoenix to Raw.

Bourne & Ryder to Smackdown and Ryder back with Rosa

Drew and Daniel Bryan will probally end up going to Raw with Khail and Mark Henry going to Smackdown they normaly get screwed in that way  :(

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
Daniel Bryan is already on Raw.  :P

I think we'll see Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov going to SmackDown! and I agree about Drew McIntyre going to Raw.

I'm not sure about any other predictions though, especially as there will obviously be the supplemental draft to think about.

Do you think that we'll see some releases (as has been rumoured to be coming soon) before it takes place?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2011, 08:37:35 PM »
I really wanna get excited about this draft, but I just can't see anything worthwhile that will make me mark. Alot of it will just be jobbers moving from show to show, a few Divas changing and that's about it. Only thing to give me any hope for this one is that SmackDown is desperate for a main eventer.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
I can't even be bothered to speculate but I am looking forward to this, the few weeks after the draft are always so fresh and awesome. They always end up moving pointless people like Big Show/Kingston because they don't know what to do with them.
I hope SD doesn't get mugged off as badly as it did last time.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
Daniel Bryan is already on Raw.  :P

OH MY GOD... What is wrong with my brain recently; first I forgot Kong never won the women's title and now this  :tickedoff:

Do you think that we'll see some releases (as has been rumoured to be coming soon) before it takes place?

That normally happens the week after. I have a feeling it may be the biggest we have ever seen as well. I will never forget 2004 where I lost my precious  Nidia :'(

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
To be honest Orton going to SD is probably about the most awesome thing that could happen because he could continue his feud with Rhodes and actually put him over more.
He could also feud with Del Rio for the title, that would be awesome or perhaps turn heel again and feud with a face Christian.

Raw should get Swagger as he pretty much lives there anyway as well as Drew McIntyre as it would be cool to see him do something on Raw and he doesn't really have a purpose on SD.

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
To be honest Orton going to SD is probably about the most awesome thing that could happen because he could continue his feud with Rhodes and actually put him over more.
He could also feud with Del Rio for the title, that would be awesome or perhaps turn heel again and feud with a face Christian.

Raw should get Swagger as he pretty much lives there anyway as well as Drew McIntyre as it would be cool to see him do something on Raw and he doesn't really have a purpose on SD.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2011, 11:41:46 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a "huge" move.

Orton to Smackdown seems like the most obvious option, perhaps they could move Cena over? I mean, it's a given he'll be back on Raw in time for the lead into Wrestlemania 28 -- but it could be good for him to be on Smackdown all year, feuding with fresh faces in the lead up. Who knows? Looking forward to it.

Offline J.D

« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2011, 08:58:15 AM »

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

???

EDIT: Just watched Raw and realised why you put that lol

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
I was going to say the same thing as Dale John, lol. Cena to SD would be perfect, but IMO it ain't happening. Orton would just bury everyone over there. I really can't be bothered to make predictions because WWE is a clusterfuck when it comes to these things and lately they seem to be more concerned with making sure we CAN'T predict these things rather than making the right moves.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
Here is how I think they will do everything

- Miz retains and remains WWE champ on Raw
- Alberto Del Rio wins and becomes WHC on Smackdown

- Christian is drafted to Raw
- Drew McIntyre is drafted to Raw
- Jack Swagger to Raw

- Randy Orton is drafted to Smackdown where he feuds with Alberto Del Rio for the WHC
- Wade Barrett to Smackdown
- Daniel Bryan to Smackdown

I would like Christian to go to Raw if he is to lose because him winning the WWE title will put him over more than winning the WHC.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2011, 08:01:44 PM »
I could see Christian going over Miz specifically but if he can't win the title on SD there's no way they're giving him the title on RAW. And Barrett is already on smackdown.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2011, 08:14:50 PM »
- Wade Barrett to Smackdown

He's already on it.  :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
Spoiler:
The web address of Alberto Del Rio's profile page on WWE.com denoted the WWE Superstar as a member of the RAW roster today.

Under the "All" bracket on the WWE Superstars page on WWE.com, his picture linked to the web address WWE: Homepage > Superstars > SmackDown > Alberto Del Rio. The error has since corrected as the URL now redirects to his original Smackdown based page.

It should be noted that if the page was not legitimate, an error page would be displayed (www.wwe.com/404-not-found). No error page is displayed for WWE: Homepage > Superstars > SmackDown > Alberto Del Rio.

Similarly, Smackdown Diva Beth Phoenix was denoted as a member of the RAW roster over the weekend. The miscue was corrected this morning

Spoiler:
I was thinking maybe ADR goes to Raw and Maybe Miz heads to SD and raw gets the world title and SD gets the WWE title. but thats just a thought.

I thought i had put my thoughts in already but i guess not.

I think we will get Orton going to SD to take edge's place. if there's any lock i think thats it.

I'd personally like to see

To SD: John Morrison,Zack Ryder,Evan Bourne,Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, Ted Dibiase.
To Raw: Kofi, Big Show, Kane, Swagger, Undertaker, Chris Masters