Linked Events

• WWE Extreme Rules: 1 May 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Extreme Rules 2011 Discussion  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Dale

*OFFICIAL* Extreme Rules 2011 Discussion
« on: 12 April 2011, 07:44:32 PM »
http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110329_er2011_poster_l.jpg

CONFIRMED CARD

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110421_xr_triplethreat_l.jpg
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT STEEL CAGE MATCH
John Morrison vs. John Cena vs. The Miz (c)

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110414_xr_christian_del_rio_l.jpg
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP LADDER MATCH
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110419_xr_orton_punk_l.jpg
LAST MAN STANDING
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110418_xr_mysterio_rhodes.jpg
FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110411_xr_coleswagger_kingjr_l.jpg
COUNTRY WHIPPING MATCH
Michael Cole & Jack Swagger vs. Jerry Lawler & JR

http://www.wwe.com/f/ep/image/2011/04/20110428_xr_michelle_layla_l.jpg
LOSER LEAVES WWE
Michelle McCool vs. Layla

-----------------

- There has been talk of putting The Corre in a multi-man match at Extreme Rules with Wade Barrett's Intercontinental Title on the line and Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater's Tag Team Titles on the line.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Extreme Rules Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2011, 08:18:56 PM »
Actually looking forward to both the announced matches. Triple threat will be good and I actually like that Truth is getting a mini push even though we know where it's going. Tag match is probably going to be long and drawn out but seeing JR beat the shit out of cole is going to be worth it in the end. Curious to see what stips they both get, I'd imagine the tag match will be no hold barred or no DQ.

Obviously the talk is going to be around what happens to the SD main event so I can't wait to see where that goes tonight at the spoilers. Add in an Orton/Punk stretcher/ambulance match, and Corre vs Apple and you have yourself a decent card.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
I think alot of the matches will probably have the same gimmick, but WWE giving it a different name such as Street Fight, No DQ, No Holds Barred etc etc

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
So far not looking forward to this.

I really wanted the king/cole feud to end at mania. i enjoyed the build until then now im not enjoying it and don't care to see this match.

Triple Threat doesn't interest me because i don't particularly like any of the guys in the match. for the match its self how many great miz matches have we seen? yeah not many. How many great Truth matches have we seen? yeah not many. and how many great cena matches have we seen with cena not in there with another good wrestler? not many.

We'll have to see how the rest of the card plays out. hopefully we will get christian vs Del Rio for the world title in a ladder match and clay and RR will be banned from ringside.

I guess we might get Orton vs Punk or Nexus in some way which doesn't interest me anymore.
Corre vs some big show team which might be ok.
Sheamus vs Cara could be good.
Gotta wonder what is in store for morrison,ziggler and bryan if anything at all.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2011, 01:03:10 AM »
They really need to change the name of this PPV...since when was a Tag Team match and a Triple Threat match considered 'Extreme'?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2011, 03:13:53 AM »
Hey Adam, can you change your avatar to this?

And Narc, to my knowledge they haven't finished announcing the card yet. I'm sure all the matches will get stipulations.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
I'm actually hyped for this big time. I like extreme rules because wrestling is good but wrestling when there are weapons or stipulations involved is fucking awesome.

Christian vs Del Rio will be amazing as it is a ladder match and featuring two guys who are great in the ring. Plus christian gets a title shot what is there not to like? As long as it doesn't have a cheap finish I'm fine (for example Brodus Clay screwing Christian over because who the fuck is he anyway.)

Cena vs R-Truth vs Miz will be brilliant too because it is someone different in the main event and no doubt truth will be pulling out all the stops to show why he deserves to fight alongside the big names.
Plus Cena and Miz are pretty boring to watch fight as both are guys who need to fight alongside someone really good so Truth should freshen it up a bit.

Lawler vs Cole will be a laugh as Cole is fucking entertaining.

I will have to see what else appears on the card but so far I'm sold on this.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2011, 02:37:39 PM »
I think they really have already done a good job of making Truth look legit by having him kick out of all of Cena's moves. People might say they were just suplexes or whatever but when you're built as one of the strongest guys ever in WWE and you're one of the top and most successful guys of all time and you do move after move after move and Truth continues to kick out, it only serves to put Truth over and it will add a unique element to the triple threat. I can already see the booking now... Cena and Miz trading moves on truth but he continues to kick out, eventually they forget about him and he makes a push at the end before Miz gets rid of Cena or he gets distracted and pins Truth. I think it's fairly obvious Miz retains here but I don't have a problem with that really.

Christian vs. Del Rio in a ladder match is the obvious selling point for a lot of us and I hope it's awesome and they finally give Christian his title, but I guess I wouldn't be upset if ADR won it, he probably needs it more anyway if he wants to stay relevant.

Curious to see where they take Corre now... a three falls match would be cool. First fall normal, second fall for the tag titles and third fall for the US title? I dunno, but I think they can get creative here.

As for the tag match, King and Swagger should have some good time in the ring but so long as JR gets to beat Cole's face in I'll be happy. I have a feeling this is going to get way too much time with a raw title match that likely won't go too long and not much else built for the card.

I'd expect them to add maybe a women's match, Orton vs Punk (curious to see how Nexus figures into this one), Cody vs. Rey and as mentioned Corre vs. Apple.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
The opening post needs serious updating ;)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
The opening post needs serious updating ;)
Updated.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2011, 05:26:15 PM »
PLEASE for the love of God end this Michael Cole shit, put JR over for once and move Cole's disgusting feet to Smackdown at the draft.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
PLEASE for the love of God end this Michael Cole shit, put JR over for once and move Cole's disgusting feet to Smackdown at the draft.

Cole will remain on both brands.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
Please for the love of god end this Punk/Orton feud, its been so one sided.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2011, 11:45:31 PM »
Psht who's being the debbie downer now? :P

Now I'm interested in the show. though my feelings remain the same on the Cole/Swagger/JR/King situation. i really hope this is the end of this feud and then king and JR take back over Raw and they let Cole do his thing on SD or just be Swaggers manager.

The WWE title match im now interested in because we got someone in there i can actually root for and can actually put on a great match.  also with it being a steel cage mage im sure we will get some innovative spots from morrison. also i can't recall seeing a triple threat steel cage match. can anyone else?

Christian vs Del Rio should be awesome too if given the time. the only way it will not be so goo dis if they book it cheap and have Clay or RR get involved a lot. i just hope Teddy bans them before the match. I'd love to see Christian win this he deserves it.

Orton vs Punk in a last man standing match should be good. i have really liked there last 2 matches they had we eachother. i just hope they actually let punk win this one because like its been said this feud is totally one sided...which is pretty much the case in Ortons feuds as of late. should be a good match though.

so from 2 matches i didn't want to see to 3 matches i do want to see and 1 i don't i am now interested in this show.

The draft is sure to shake things up though when it comes to the rest of the card with guys like kofi,ziggler,kane,show,sheamus,bryan,corre,

I could see Kofi going to raw and facing sheamus
then corre vs show,kane and 2 other guys dependig on the draft. maybe bryan and bourne or santino and kozlov.

Ziggler could face sin cara i guess and im sure cody will face rey again.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2011, 04:06:12 AM »
lol I think I get a pass on what I'm being a Debbie Downer. The Cole feud is just fucking retarded now and hard to watch. I actually do like the rest of the card.