Author Topic: TNA Sends Jeff Hardy Home  (Read 784 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
TNA Sends Jeff Hardy Home
« on: 14 March 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
So I saw people talking about this in the victory road thread as well as in the shoutbox but I didn't see a thread. So here it is, so we can contain our lolz.

To follow up on our previous report that the main event of TNA Victory Road between Sting and Jeff Hardy was cut short due to Jeff Hardy being in “no condition to perform” – we can report that TNA management held a meeting on Monday morning and it was decided that Jeff Hardy should not appear at this week’s iMPACT! tapings. (Source: pwinsider.com)

Jeff Hardy was never booked to win the TNA championship at Victory Road, but Sting was supposed to retain the title after an actual match.

Late Sunday night, Jeff Hardy wrote on Twitter that “Things are op” .. He presumably meant “Things are okay,” but who knows at this point.

Regarding Jeff Hardy getting squashed in one minute at Victory Road, Joey Styles joked on Twitter, “Last night, I was watching a 15 year old match of Jeff Hardy as enhancement talent on wweclassics.com. That was wweclassics.com, wasn’t it?” He later followed up with, “No hateful replies to my Jeff Hardy tweet this morning. I guess I reconciled with all of you TNA fans and we agree on last night’s debacle.”

As of Monday afternoon, nobody in TNA has publicly commented on the incident.

THERE ARE NO WORDS.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Re: TNA Sends Jeff Hardy Home
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
Should have fired him. Sending him home, presumably with pay is hardly a punishment.

The man is a liability to himself and the company. I've always been a fan, but enough is enough.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
Is TNA struggling financially this much that the merchandise Jeff Hardy sells and PPV buys he creates is worth more than the harm he can bring to the brand?

Any other company would have cut their losses at this point if the whole Victory Road debacle is due to Hardy's actions.  That's exactly what the WWE did when they saw the writing on the wall with him.  The costs start to outweigh the benefits and it's just not worth it anymore despite how marketable the guy can be.  This is obviously not the first, or even second time that this has occurred.

It's only a matter of time till TNA gives him a Charlie Sheen gimmick...

In this day and age, wrestling companies obviously aren't fooling their audiences anymore by pretending the whole show isn't scripted and predetermined; however, when they ask their customers to shell out $30+ for a show and fail to deliver what they promoted for weeks or replace it with an adequate wrestler/segment, the company loses credibility it may have had.  Why should I buy next month's PPV when TNA may decide to essentially remove the main event from the card?  Jeff Hardy did TNA a disservice and TNA did its fans a disservice.  What TNA should do is discipline Jeff Hardy the appropriate length of time (whether its 1 day or complete termination depending on what actually happened) and then offer a free PPV type card on impact this or next week.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
You know who's probably gonna suffer for this too? Matt Hardy...again.lol.

If i were TNA i would have at least had TNA defend against someone else after he beat hardy in like a min. there was 20 mins left of PV time you coulda had someone from a locker room full of great talen come out there and put on a good 10-15 min match with Sting, just have bichoff say hardy has failed and they have a new member of immortal or have RVD or Anderson get the shot whoever won that match?

at this point i would have Hardy lose to guys like AJ, Kaz,Joe, and anyone else that needs a good win right now then i'd just fire him.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2011, 10:34:25 PM »
The guy is a complete train wreck. He has a newly born kid for christ sake and he's still a self centred prick. TNA should tell him to go to rehab and if he refuses, then fire is ass on the spot. Him sticking around could do some real damage to the locker room and could actually cause a revolt if action isn't taken. I certainly wouldn't want to be in charge of TNA right now that's for sure.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2011, 11:15:36 PM »

Late Sunday night, Jeff Hardy wrote on Twitter that “Things are op” .. He presumably meant “Things are okay,” but who knows at this point.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
I would have guessed over played.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2011, 11:47:45 PM »
I can see this being a point for TNA to slowly crumble. I watched the match earlier, absolutely disgraceful to call it a main event especially on PPV. I would be incredibly pissed off if I ordered that PPV. Why is he still in TNA? If this was anything else he would be fired on the spot. The fans are pissed off and yet its like TNA are just brushing it under the carpet just because of Hardy's name power. What is sending him home exactly going to prove? What if he turns up in a couple weeks and does the same thing? Shouldn't this be an example of why TNA should have a stronger drug policy? Of course TNA doesn't see it this way because the owners have to big an ego to think about the most basic business concept of listening to the customer. The thing I don't understand with this whole situation is that this happened at the end of the PPV, I don't know how long TNA PPV's are but I would assume at least 2 hours most likely 3 hours and most likely in the building for a longer period of time. Did no one see Jeff Hardy at all during that period to see if he was stoned and actually think "you know what this guy isn't fit to go out there." Instead a rushed decision happened even that was a crap decision, what about throwing someone else in just so Hardy can sit out most of the matches or better yet have a different setup for the match completely, have your no.1 contender(s) put into a match against Sting so a match can at least happen.

Jeff Hardy is a disgrace, not just to TNA, but to professional wrestling. I honestly hope those drug charges happen sooner rather then later and he gets locked up, the guy is a twat.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2011, 01:47:01 AM »
I hope WWE pulls a "Chris Benoit" and gets rid of his name on the title history. Seriously.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 15 March 2011, 02:15:01 AM »
WZ reader Jay Ray has sent in the following email:

Long time reader, first time email-er. I have a brother who works backstage at the Impact Zone occasionally, and he was there last night for the TNA PPV. He sent me a text message before the main event started telling me that something was about to go down, and I visited him today to ask him what was up. He told me that Jeff showed up to the arena later than he was supposed to and went missing backstage shortly after arriving. Management had to rush to find him before the match; he was apparently laid back in the corner of a bathroom. He got chewed out pretty harsh and had to be helped to the ring entrance. My brother was near the entrance and he said that they were all pissed off at him for his condition, and because of their yelling his was late for his own entrance. Sting wasn't saying much, but he was visibly upset. Jeff, according to my brother, seemed like he didn't have a clue what was going on and seemed to be nodding off while standing up. He said it was pretty bad.

Just thought you guys would like to know. My brother said that he thinks Jeff was supposed to win the title, because they mentioned repeatedly how much this would change their plans. Of course, they may have just meant for the match and not for the future story, so take that as you will.

If this is true, then you gotta lay the blame on TNA as much as Hardy. They find the guy strung out in a bathroom and they drag him to the ring for his entrance? WTF is that shit? Honestly, I wish Hardy had his wits about him so he could sue the pants off this company for making him work while on drugs. The whole thing is just ridiculous, wtf were they thinking?

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #10 on: 15 March 2011, 03:46:32 AM »

Long time reader, first time email-er. I have a brother who works backstage at the Impact Zone occasionally, and he was there last night for the TNA PPV. He sent me a text message before the main event started telling me that something was about to go down, and I visited him today to ask him what was up. He told me that Jeff showed up to the arena later than he was supposed to and went missing backstage shortly after arriving. Management had to rush to find him before the match; he was apparently laid back in the corner of a bathroom. He got chewed out pretty harsh and had to be helped to the ring entrance. My brother was near the entrance and he said that they were all pissed off at him for his condition, and because of their yelling his was late for his own entrance. Sting wasn't saying much, but he was visibly upset. Jeff, according to my brother, seemed like he didn't have a clue what was going on and seemed to be nodding off while standing up. He said it was pretty bad.

Just thought you guys would like to know. My brother said that he thinks Jeff was supposed to win the title, because they mentioned repeatedly how much this would change their plans. Of course, they may have just meant for the match and not for the future story, so take that as you will.

If this is true, then you gotta lay the blame on TNA as much as Hardy. They find the guy strung out in a bathroom and they drag him to the ring for his entrance? WTF is that shit? Honestly, I wish Hardy had his wits about him so he could sue the pants off this company for making him work while on drugs. The whole thing is just ridiculous, wtf were they thinking?

Totally agree with you, provided this is an accurate story.  You send someone else out there to get a nice rub and do the job instead of putting Hardy out there, giving the crowd a shitty show, and not knowing what to expect out of him.  The WWE has done this in the past (ie: John Morrison winning the ECW title during the Benoit stuff, and HHH stepping in for John Cena at No Mercy 2007 vs. Randy Orton are two of the more recent examples I can remember).

Not only could TNA have used this moment to teach Jeff Hardy a real life lesson, but they could have immediately hot shotted a young midcard face/heel into the main event.  A total swing and miss on the part of TNA.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 15 March 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
That's because the people who run their company are people who couldn't make it in WWE or who are too old for the business. It's completely ridiculous that they actually thought rushing him out there while he was strung out was the right move. Seriously, if I was working back there and I saw them do shit like that, I would call the police and file negligence charges.

At least Charlie Sheen got his lines right while they were filming the show.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2011, 01:26:18 PM »

Completely agree.
Despite it being self inflicted and Jeff being a complete idiot not worthy of any opportunities in the business TNA are wrong for dragging out a drugged up guy, like that is serious negligence and had something happened it would have been their fault. They deserve to be seriously sued for this, idiots.