Author Topic: Who have TNA Missed the Boat With?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Rated Punishment

Who have TNA Missed the Boat With?
« on: 30 June 2008, 08:29:24 AM »
I have seen this question asked at nearly every forum I have been at and I can easily say that it becomes one of the biggest threads in the section.

I don't really know enough about the guys that have been in and out of there for brief spells before the last year or two.

I'm impressed at the mileage and effort they got out of Steiner, there are certain people like AJ and Eric Young where I feel they "over dorked" them and that has ruined my personal enjoyment of them over the last year or so.

They have their reasons (which I don't agree with) but am not impressed by what I consider to be an overeaction to the penalty that MCMG had to allegedly pay for not blading.

I suppose the only other one that I'd say they have "misssed the boat with" for me (and it's not unretrievable) is Mike Tenay. He's not the best play by play guy, but his work (particularly at the time of doing this role for WCW on Triple A guys back in the day) was quite fine in an understated way. I cannot believe that he is actually choosing now to commentate in the way he currently is, so maybe he is being directed to by someone "higher up". Whoever it is, can they kindly stop and tell him to use some self control and stop talking constantly.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2008, 05:15:09 PM »
Alex Shelley. He is the most talented member on the entire roster and hasn't had jack to show for it.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2008, 08:52:08 PM »
Samoa Joe:

I know he's the champion and you might say I'm wrong but if you look at how stong he was going in 2005 and 2006 and the reactions he was getting you will know what I mean. They should have pulled the trigger on Samoa Joe in 2006 after the Kurt Angle feud. They took the momentum away from his run.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2008, 09:09:45 PM »
Homicide... He is a tremendous wrestler and can cut a heck of a promo. IN ROH him and Joe has some epic battles and he can actually cut a half way decent promo. DOn't get me wrong I like LAX but I thin 'Cide would be much more valuable as a singles wrestler.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 1 July 2008, 08:56:24 AM »
To a point no one beings they still have them on there roster and could start pushing them at any time now. but for those who should have alreay been pushed and who is underrated in TNA i would say.

Christopher Daniels.
Homicide.
Alex Shelly.
James Storm.
and most of all.
LOW KI

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 1 July 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
Pretty much the entire X-Division...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 3 July 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
Chris Harris & Ken Anderson.

Chris Harris was put on the Main Event scene last year's Slammiversary and just as it looked like he was going to be put in that picture, he was goofed about till signing for WWE.

Ken Anderson, yeah sure he was in TNA WAYYY back in 2002 and he didn't get the KENNNEDY level till 05/06? but that's still a big missed opportunity in my opinion.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 4 July 2008, 12:04:47 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;4431
Chris Harris & Ken Anderson.

Chris Harris was put on the Main Event scene last year's Slammiversary and just as it looked like he was going to be put in that picture, he was goofed about till signing for WWE.

Ken Anderson, yeah sure he was in TNA WAYYY back in 2002 and he didn't get the KENNNEDY level till 05/06? but that's still a big missed opportunity in my opinion.

Well if you want to go back that far you can add CM Punk to the mix.

i would agree with you on harris but right now harris is looking like a bust. he is fat and WWE hasn't used him because of that.

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #8 on: 4 July 2008, 04:57:08 PM »
This shouldnt be who have they missed the boat on, it should be who have they got right...and the only answer to that is AJ Styles...possibly Jay Leathal, (if he drops the macho man gimmick)

TNA have all the talent they need, imo they have more wrestling talent than the WWE, yet they don't know how to use it correctly, and until they do, they will be forever gettin 0.9-1.2 ratings
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline firewall316

« Reply #9 on: 4 July 2008, 05:01:27 PM »
They do have a lot of talent on TNA. I don't like how they keep bringing shitty WWE talent over there. Thats not helping. Too bad I still don't watch it cause they show just plain sucks. Can't wait for TNA to end. Then WWE might get some new talent.

Offline Oly J

« Reply #10 on: 4 July 2008, 06:52:11 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;4673
They do have a lot of talent on TNA. I don't like how they keep bringing shitty WWE talent over there. Thats not helping. Too bad I still don't watch it cause they show just plain sucks. Can't wait for TNA to end. Then WWE might get some new talent.

you're gonna be waiting a long time IMO and by the way TNA doesn't suck it's just different...although I will agree they shouldn't bring in so many WWE guys

but in answer to this thread I think my answer would have to be Eric Young I mean I was ok with the whole paranoia thing but Super Eric?, COME ON!!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 8 July 2008, 12:32:38 AM »
Quote from: firewall316;4673

To say that you can't wait for a company to end is just wrong. Why would anyone want a wrestling company to end?  that would put so many wrestler without a job and so many wrestling fans disappointed across the world. not to mention its good having as much wrestling as we can on TV and in the world in general just so we know that wrestling is steadly around because if we has fewer companies then they would just keep becoming fewer and sooner or later we would be left with either 1 type of thing or even worse nothing at all.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 8 July 2008, 12:42:16 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;5278
To say that you can't wait for a company to end is just wrong. Why would anyone want a wrestling company to end?  that would put so many wrestler without a job and so many wrestling fans disappointed across the world. not to mention its good having as much wrestling as we can on TV and in the world in general just so we know that wrestling is steadly around because if we has fewer companies then they would just keep becoming fewer and sooner or later we would be left with either 1 type of thing or even worse nothing at all.

Oh boo hoo... the wrestlers will find new jobs and the fans will watch something else.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 8 July 2008, 01:02:47 AM »
Quote from: Prax;5282
Oh boo hoo... the wrestlers will find new jobs and the fans will watch something else.

Wow prax i really expected a more intelligent response from you.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #14 on: 8 July 2008, 01:13:57 AM »
I really felt that Christopher Daniels was misused in TNA. I'm such a hugefan of this guy. I wished that he would of stuck with the fallen Angle character because as great the Curry Man character was i Japan, it doesn't work a well here in the states. His fued with AJ styles was epic and he as so over both as a face and as a heel.I hated the way TNA fed him to Samoa Joe also.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.