Author Topic: The Matt Hardy Is A Complete And Utter Tool Thread  (Read 751 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
The Matt Hardy Is A Complete And Utter Tool Thread
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
Quote from: P-Truth;45025
Quote from: Adampro123;45024
I Don't ever really remember matt hardy being given a legit chance in the main event. unless you're talking about ECW which idk why anyone would consider that the main event. then in almost any feud he had they booked him to lose or after the feud they didn't follow up.

Matt hardy as a face is pretty bland but with that said the face version is one of the most over guys in wrestling. i thought the heel version of him in the feud with jeff was great but after there feud he got drafted to raw and him,regal and chavo became vickies bitches.

I'm sure if given a character or if WWE let him come up with something matt hardy would have worked hard on it and done a good job.

Punk and Swagger were given ECW before they were given legit runs on WWE. Hell even Big Show and Kane have passed through there, Sheamus too even though he never one the belt. I don't buy the "ECW doesn't count" argument because it's clearly worked for a lot of guys with work ethics who's made the most of it. If what you're saying applies to Hardy's attitude then it sounds like he scoffed at ECW instead of using it as an opportunity.

If you have a job and you see people get promoted ahead of you when you think you deserve it, you can be a little bitch and whine about it or you can work hard to overcome your troubles. Hardy chose route number one. The difference? WWE is a public company that makes its money through basically PR, and Matt Hardy was bad PR. It's fine if he didn't want to work there anymore, but instead of going through the proper channels and asking for his release, he decided to act like an idiot and get himself fired by acting crazy and bashing the company publicly.

It's one thing not to be pushed, but Hardy made it sound like WWE was treating him like crap. He was paid, he got to travel all across the world and perform in front of all sorts of people, but god knows if he's not the world champion he's being mistreated... please. There are MILLIONS of people who would KILL to be in Matt Hardy's position when he was in WWE.

Not saying all that isn't correct, because it is but in his situation he's been doing it for so long i don't think traveling around the world means that much to him or im sure the money doesn't mean that much to him. he's already rich. so that's why to him im sure he was just sick of doing the same thing and not moving forward and from my understanding WWE wouldn't let him out of his contract when he went to them so thats why he did the internet stuff.

The ECW Thing was a response to him being given "PLENTY of shots at main eventing" i don't see ECW as main eventing, yeah guys have done stuff there before main eventing but ECW a lot of the times wouldn't even get a PPV match some months. but for Hardy after coming off of the ECW stint he had a great feud with Jeff but immediately after got shipped to raw and buried.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #31 on: 29 October 2010, 02:56:39 PM »
I don't think WWE not letting him out of his contract really justifies him acting like an idiot on the internet. It makes him look like a prima donna.

I think if Hardy had a better attitude then he could have made something of himself, but he always just oozed the type of attitude that he didn't care what happened to him, and that he didn't want to work hard to main event, as if he was fine with being a mid card loser. And it's not like many of the people who get pushed ahead of him haven't paid their dues. Sheamus has been in the biz for a decade, we all know Bryan's and Punk's history, Miz and Cena and Orton got to where they are through hard work, Swagger is supposed to be a great wrestler with lots of amateur experience. Really, there aren't many people who don't deserve to be ahead of Hardy, and I think that kind of attitude, to think that these wrestlers DESERVE something just because they've been around for a while is what's plaguing the business.

If people wanted to see Hardy, then he would have gotten pushed. But he was overweight, an average wrestler, with no personality and a bad attitude. Outside of the internet, no one cares about him, and he thinks that he should be world champion. Please, he rode his borther's coattails for years and the only times he's ever been over is as you mentioned when he's feuding with Jeff.

(on a side note, I'm moving these posts to the Hardy thread as to not further sully this great KOTR thread :P)

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #32 on: 29 October 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
I Don't think either of us can know what type of attitude matt hardy had backstage prior to this internet drama thing so to say he had an attitude where he didn't care about being in the main event or that he was a mid card loser can't be something to go back and forth with.

Maybe he was the hardest worker in wrestling? maybe he was what you said? neither of us truely know so I'd say just take that off the table.

What would you suggest him do if WWE wouldn't let him out of his contract but he hated being in WWE? like i said before i think he could have done something better but i personally don't know what he could of done and this actually worked for him.

and who's to say he thinks he DESERVES (:P) something only because he's been around longer? i would assume that's not the only reason but that would play a factor in his frustrations with wanting to leave.

I disagree about him only being over when he feuded with Jeff, but i mean if that's the way you see it i guess there's no middle ground on that subject.