Author Topic: Smackdown *Spoilers* for 30/07/2010  (Read 194 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *Spoilers* for 30/07/2010
« on: 28 July 2010, 05:06:07 PM »
* Prior to the taping the ring crew places a black carpet in the ring with a casket.

* SmackDown opens with Kane in the middle of the ring with the casket.  A  video recap from last week is shown with Rey Mysterio earning the  number one contendership.  Kane says he sits by The Undertaker everyday  waiting for him to awake.  He said yesterday was the first time he moved  his eyes and spoke.  Kane says he only said two words; the name of the  person who attacked him.

Kane said The Undertaker mumbled Rey Mysterio and anger raged through  his body.  He said Rey's name hangs in the air like a demon. He then  asks why Rey would do it.  Kane continues on saying that beating Rey at  SummerSlam still wouldn't be enough.  Kane says Rey must pay for his  sins and experience what The Undertaker endured. The lights go out with  Kane still in the ring.

* Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger in a No Disqualification match is announced.

* Christian b. Drew McIntyre
- Christian counters a DDT and gets the win via pinfall.

* Layla vs. Tiffy for the WWE Women's Championship is announced for later tonight.

* Cody Rhodes gave his grooming tips.  He was wearing a face mask.  He said he's bringing us one step closer to being dashing.

* An Alberto Del Rio video package is shown.

* CM Punk is backstage asking the rest of the SES which one was going to  let him down.  He smells Serena's breath and tells her thanks for  showing up sober.  The then complains about Joey Mercury losing his mask  and says none of them would be anything without him.  He said if they  don't actually do something to pack their bags.

* Big Show b. Luke Gallows
- Big Show gets the win via disqualification when he's attacked by SES.   After the match CM Punk removes his sling to show that his arm is in  good condition.

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston b. Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero via disqualification.  
- Referees ended up having to restrain Kingston who was going crazy.

* Backstage, Jack Swagger says he doesn't have time for stupid  questions.  Swagger says he's going to beat up Rey, break his arms and  throw him in the Gulf of Mexico.

* Vickie Guerrero announced Michelle McCool will replace Layla in a  match against Tiffany.  The match is still for the WWE Women's  Championship.

* WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool w/Layla b. Tiffany w/Kelly Kelly to retain.  
- Layla interfered, allowing McCool to get the win.  Teddy Long came out  and said there only needs to be one Women's Champion and they can  either decide for themselves or he'll decide for them next week.  They  argue to end the segment.

* Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger in a no-disqualification match ended in no contest
- They battled outside and Mysterio caused Swagger to fall into the  water.  Kane was outside and chokeslammed Rey into the water.
Sounds like a pretty good show. We'll see how the Drew/Christian match and Rey/Swagger match turn out, otherwise looks pretty lean on the wrestling.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2010, 05:57:59 PM »
Wow my first guess at Taker's attacker was right, how predictable. Luckily I think this will be a red herring and it won't end up being Mysterio, they are just doing it to get PPV build. Or Mysterio could have been working for HBK or something.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
Ya, I have a feeling it's not Mysterio and kane is just making it up.

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Hopefully the matches delivers prior to the finishes because 2 DQ and 1 No finish doesn't sound good at all to me. Updated the original spoilers aswell with more in depth ones.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 3 August 2010, 02:38:52 PM »
I liked Smackdown a lot last week. Christain vs. Drew was arguably match of the night. Great match, nice to see Christian get the win and Drew still get over. That's how you book matches.

Kofi vs. Dolph was awesome set up for their match next week and I love where they're taking Kofi with these flip outs.

Punk's promo backstage was one of his best ever since the preachy stuff started. Wasn't much of a match between Show and Festus but it did its job. And I have to say a lot of people are complaining about how lackluster the unmaskings were, but every week this feud gives me a reason to watch. Punk revealing his arm is healed this week was another good one. They're actually pulling off this feud very well.

Cody's usual stuff was the norm.

Kane's promo at the beginning was his usual stuff but I think this was one of his better promos since this storyline started.

Main event was a weird hybrid between the Punk vs. Kane match from a while ago where Punk left the building and Rey vs. Chavo from like 2 years ago where Rey through him in this exact same river in this exact same spot. The end spot was hilarious with Swagger diving into the water with the hurrincanrana and then claiming he couldn't swim :lol. The chokeslam back first into the water must have hurt like hell too. In the end, nothing we haven't seen but they pulled it off well and a good way to cap the Swagger portion of this feud for now, at least I hope.

Overall great SD. Had a good feel and vibe to it, very well paced with 3 great matches and a lot of good build up for SS.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 3 August 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
Pretty much what you said. The show probably delivered more than it did on paper with Christian / Drew & Kofi / Ziggler being damn fine matches and Swagger / Rey being pretty fun.

I'll agree with you that Punk's backstage promo was hilarious but I just find the whole SES flat now and has been for some time. I just think it needs a huge kick up the ass and to be put in an interesting feud and a 3 on 1 feud against Big Show of all people isn't interesting to me personally.