Author Topic: Official TNA DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 12 August 2008, 03:38:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/4HBDHDy_lPI&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/4HBDHDy_lPI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

only problem is why in the hell is karen on the cover when this is supposed to be about wrestling when Karen can't wrestle.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 12 August 2008, 03:40:36 AM »
A SHIMMER DVD >>>>>>pwns TNA Knocked out
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #17 on: 12 August 2008, 03:42:09 AM »
SHIMMER >>> Tna Knockout division...

You do have a good point there Adam. I'm interested in what matches are going to be on that DVD.

EDIT: Sorry for the Double Post
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 12 August 2008, 03:44:59 AM »
i don't watch shimmer because im not really interested in womens wrestling to much but TNA does have a nice womens division and i like when ROH has some shimmer matches on theer shows. i just probably wouldn't be a fan of all womens wrestling show.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #19 on: 12 August 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;12532
i don't watch shimmer because im not really interested in womens wrestling to much but TNA does have a nice womens division and i like when ROH has some shimmer matches on theer shows. i just probably wouldn't be a fan of all womens wrestling show.

I think you would be surprised at how well some of the SHIMMER girls can wrestle, honestly I think they could put on better matches then most of the men in WWE, but then again that's not saying much when half the roster consists of people like Khali.

Anyway back on topic, the DVD looks decent but it's a little early to be releasing a best of KnockOuts DVD when the division hasn't been around long at all.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 12 August 2008, 03:41:24 PM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;12606
I think you would be surprised at how well some of the SHIMMER girls can wrestle, honestly I think they could put on better matches then most of the men in WWE, but then again that's not saying much when half the roster consists of people like Khali.

Anyway back on topic, the DVD looks decent but it's a little early to be releasing a best of KnockOuts DVD when the division hasn't been around long at all.

Well the division has been around for quite a while. it was around before the title came but just wasn't that good. but it makes sense for TNA to do this because the knockouts always get good ratings on there impact matches and seems to be a good draw.but to make it a all around better DVD they probably should have waited and let some more good matches happen so they could add them.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #21 on: 28 August 2008, 02:28:33 PM »
I was just thinking the other day about an iMPACT DVD as I was watching the Best of RAW 15th DVDs. Should TNA bring out a best of iMPACT DVD on the 5 year anniversary of the show? The anniversary would be around early june 2009 but I just wonder if it would be worthwhile. I'd get the DVD regardless because I haven't seen a TON of the stuff they would put on it but I don't know if it's too soon or not. Stuff that I can think of putting on of the top of my head would be;

Jeff Jarrett vs Jeff Hardy (Six Sides Of Steel)
Team 3D vs AMW (The first encounter)
Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage (Six Sides Of Steel)
Kurt Angle vs Abyss (Six Sides Of Steel)
Kurt Angle vs Kaz (November 07)
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles (Any of their matches)

Lol with that much Kurt Angle where's our Kurt Angle TNA DVD?! :lol2:

KURT ANGLE: CHAMPION
The chronicle of Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and his career in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Includes his best matches, exclusive interviews, never-before-seen footage and much more. Coming November 25 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

(Y)

BTW, I watched the Global iMPACT DVD yesterday that shows the full show from Wrestle Kingdom II. Very good overall and I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who watch Puro-Wrestling.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 28 August 2008, 06:13:33 PM »
I would deff wanna see the turkey bowl. it was a stupid stupid STUPID gimmick but the match itself featuring Chris sabin,AJ Styles and Samoa Joe was purely awesome.

Also Harris vs Storm rematch for the KOTM qualifier

but i would only really wanna see this if they got it right and put all there great natches on there along with great segments. i think TNA didn't do a good job with there best of 2007 DVD. i know it was going to be a 2 disc set but then they changed it to only one and cut out a lot of good stuff.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2008, 12:32:56 AM »
To be honest though a lot of the DVDs that come out now that TNA make Best of Matches are pretty lazy from my point of view. I mean I have the PPVs on DVD so Best of 07, Ultimate Matches, Bloodiest Brawls etc. dont seem worthwhile to me. Hence the reason I suggested iMPACT DVD. I mean the only non PPV DVDs I have are Global iMPACT, Year 1 and 50 Moments. I also had best of Tag Teams, X-Division Vol 2, Bloodiest Brawls and Samoa Joe but I didnt like them and parted with them after watching them one time. I like my documentaries.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
I watched the best of the NWA-TNA Title matches today and it was pretty decent. It showed a collection of some of the biggest TNA World and Tag Team title matches in the early years 02-03 and apart from the matches was just DW and Mike Tenay introducing each clip. Couple of funny notes was the language they both used back then. for examples;

Mike Tenay "OH SHIT... IT'S VINCE RUSSO!" (we didn't heed the warning :()

DW "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" (after interference finish)

DW "THAT BASTARD!" (after interference finish)

You get where I'm going. :hmm

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
haha i know what you're talking about i recall a old TNA clip where mike tenay was saying vince russo killed WCW....shame he's working for TNA now.

Offline Biohazared20

« Reply #26 on: 25 February 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
I'll Just throw this in there if you want a really good DVD full of Old School TNA goodness then get Raven's DVD Nevermore pretty much all the matches on there are from the early days of TNA even before they had  six sided ring