Author Topic: Official TNA DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 1439 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Official TNA DVD Discussion Thread
« on: 28 June 2008, 05:32:07 PM »
All threads pertaining to TNA DVD reviews and questions should be posted in this thread only. Any new TNA DVD threads that are made, will either be closed or merged with this thread.

You can also review TNA DVD's here. Any DVD's stretching from PPV to biographical DVD's. All TNA DVD's are posted here.

Also news involving any TNA DVD's are also going to be posted here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*CREDIT: tnawrestling.com

In the coming months, TNA Wrestling Home Video will release several new titles:

BEST OF THE BLOODIEST BRAWLS: SCARS AND STITCHES
Featuring the most barbaric and bloody matches in recent TNA Wrestling history. This DVD is intended for mature audiences. Features Abyss, Rhino, Team 3D, "Cowboy" James Storm, AJ Styles and many more. Coming August 5 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

KNOCKED OUT
TNA Knockouts - some are drop dead gorgeous, others are just drop dead. No Divas here, real wrestling, real athletes, real risk. Grab the Knockout Out DVD and find out what makes TNA's Knockouts pro wrestling's elite female division. Coming October 7 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

KURT ANGLE: CHAMPION
The chronicle of Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and his career in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Includes his best matches, exclusive interviews, never-before-seen footage and much more. Coming November 25 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

ULTIMATE MATCHES
TNA is the world leader in innovative, dangerous, high flying matches. No other pro wrestling company comes close to the excitement of TNA's speciality matches. Get the Ultimate Matches DVD and experience for yourself King Of The Mountain, Ultimate X, Lockdown, Monster's Ball and 2008's most inovative match the Terrordome. Coming October 21 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

SIDE NOTE> Still no word on that Jeff Jarrett DVD yet.
:(

Offline Pala!

« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2008, 10:05:05 PM »
I would love to get the "Ultimate Matches" DVD. It looks really awesome to be honest. The Kurt Angle DVD should be great, he has had a lot of good matches in TNA.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2008, 10:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;3403
I would love to get the "Ultimate Matches" DVD. It looks really awesome to be honest. The Kurt Angle DVD should be great, he has had a lot of good matches in TNA.

As I think, possible Kurt Angle matches could be;

versus Samoa Joe - Genesis 06
versus Samoa Joe - Turning Point 06
versus Samoa Joe - Final Resolution 07
KOTM - Slammiversary 07
versus Team 3D - Victory Road 07
versus Samoa Joe - Hard Justice 07
versus Abyss - No Surrender 07
versus Jay Lethal - No Surrender 07
versus Samoa Joe - LockDown 08
versus AJ Styles - Slammiversary 08
versus Kaz - iMPACT (cant remember the date)
versus Yugi Nagata - Global iMPACT

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
i could probably do without the Bloodiest brawls and the knockout DVD but the angle DVD should be a must have and the ultimate matches should also be very good if they pick the right matches.

oh and could someone review the christian cage DVD? or at least tell me how it is? because i may buy it.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2008, 10:49:29 AM »
the ultimate matches DVD will be good as long as they cover all of there history to include some of the early matches between AJ and Jerry Lynn and alot of the early X division.

and is the AJ DVD as good as iv heard it is?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2008, 11:04:35 AM »
The 1st AJ DVD is great! the 2nd one is still good but not as good as the 1st one. i would say the best 2 TNA DVDS that i have seen is the best of AJ vol 1 and the best of Joe.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2008, 11:08:25 AM »
If i was AJ i would be pissed because he helped build the company and carried it as a champion, he was a the fans favorite and was Mr TNA, but as soon as the ex WWE big names come in he is out of the picture.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
Quote from: bele_nine;3531
If i was AJ i would be pissed because he helped build the company and carried it as a champion, he was a the fans favorite and was Mr TNA, but as soon as the ex WWE big names come in he is out of the picture.

And right now he is right back at the same spot he was at. right now he is MR TNA once again and im so happy his bitch run is over.the only person more over than AJ in TNA right now would probably be joe and that still a maybe.

Anyways lets get back to DVDs.

I think they should make a best of the weekly PPV matches. like when TNA used to come on weekly on PPV. because i never seen...well almost all of those. so i would love to see that.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2008, 11:28:46 AM »
they werent PPV in england so i seen alot of them and if im honest i prefered TNA back then. they did the best with what they had rarther then trying to get big names in.

i want the best of the X division DVD but havnt got round to getting it yet

is it any good?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
once again the first x division DVD is better than the 2nd but both are very good. maybe i will do a review of all of my TNA DVD's sometime this week. but i deff say that x division vol 1 and 2 are worth getting but vol 1 is better.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2008, 11:57:30 AM »
Best of X-Division, yes. A collection full of great wrestling. I'd recommend volumes 1 & 2 though because although volume 1 is better, I think Vol.2 has the Joe/Daniels/Styles series.

I haven't seen the Cage DVD however I heard (through other reviews) it's probably the best superstar documentary TNA Home Video has produced.

Best of Joe DVD, tbh I found this pretty boring. The only worthwhile moments on this collection were the stuff with Liger, Styles & Daniels. I hope later on they will bring out a Vol.2 with his matches against Angle.

Weekly PPV is a good idea but I don't see it happening Adam. They already have the X-Division, Title Matches, Bloodiest Brawls from that era and I think there are going to be more TNA Year 1, 2, 3 ETC. and i think they will just put the top 3/4/5 matches on that.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;3555
Best of X-Division, yes. A collection full of great wrestling. I'd recommend volumes 1 & 2 though because although volume 1 is better, I think Vol.2 has the Joe/Daniels/Styles series.

I haven't seen the Cage DVD however I heard (through other reviews) it's probably the best superstar documentary TNA Home Video has produced.

Best of Joe DVD, tbh I found this pretty boring. The only worthwhile moments on this collection were the stuff with Liger, Styles & Daniels. I hope later on they will bring out a Vol.2 with his matches against Angle.

Weekly PPV is a good idea but I don't see it happening Adam. They already have the X-Division, Title Matches, Bloodiest Brawls from that era and I think there are going to be more TNA Year 1, 2, 3 ETC. and i think they will just put the top 3/4/5 matches on that.

its a bloody shame if they forget about there past and dont put out a weekley PPV DVD there were some really really good matches back then and like i said i prefered TNA then because they made the best of the indy wrestlers and put them on TNA every week.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 1 July 2008, 08:52:20 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;3555

How could you not love the sabin vs joe match?

and yeah bot those are out of print and very hard to find nowa days. and the idea of doing a year 2,3,4 thing is okay as long as they add more matches to the DVD and make it a 2 disc at least because i was hoping for more matches from the year 1 DVD.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2008, 12:36:08 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;3526
The 1st AJ DVD is great! the 2nd one is still good but not as good as the 1st one. i would say the best 2 TNA DVDS that i have seen is the best of AJ vol 1 and the best of Joe.

I love the best of AJ styles DVD. Not a bad match on there. The first ever x-division title match with low ki, jerry lynn, and psichosis  was my fave on there. My second fave was the triple ladder match with jerry lynn and low ki. Never seen the second best of AJ Styles DVD but it wasn't that good from what I hear.

I used to have the Best of Bloodiest brawls ,but I was disappointed with it. The only match that I enjoyed was the AJ Styles vs Abyss match from Lockdown 05.

I also used to have the TNA Lockdown 2007 dvd. It was a pretty good ppv witht he exception of two matches. One was the "Electrified" Cage match between LAX and Team 3D. Them getting "shocked" looked so phony. The gimmick hurt this match more than helped it. The other one was the Chris Harris vs. James Storm Blindfold match. I always though that blindfold matches were weak.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2008, 01:42:16 AM »
Personally, I've been watching both "Best Of AJ" DVDs lately, & I prefer 2 over 1.

On the other hand, I've also been watching "Best of X 1", but I couldn't even find enough watchable listed on Vol. 2 to buy it.