Author Topic: George Steinbrenner suffers major heart attack  (Read 405 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
George Steinbrenner suffers major heart attack
« on: 13 July 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
George Steinbrenner HEART ATTACK: Yankees Owner In Extremely Critical Condition

I'm not a baseball guy, but I recognize the effect this guy has had not only on the Yankees and baseball, but in overall sports. One of the best owner in the history of modern pro sports... hope he pulls through but at 80 years old, it looks pretty grim...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Yeah, he passed away earlier this morning.  As a life long Yankees fan, I was too young to live through his more controversial times in the 1970s and 1980s.  I realize many have their negative point of view about the man (just visit any Red Sox or Mets message board), but he was the man that revived a poorly run franchise in the late 1960s to the juggernaut that it once had been.  Even though he was a native of Cleveland, OH, he became one of the most influential New Yorkers in history.  It's only fitting that Yankee Stadium PA Announcer Bob Sheppard, who died Sunday at the age of 99, is there to announce his arrival.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
Now the question is, who inherits the team?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2010, 04:04:05 AM »
Long time Yankee/Steinbrenner hater but even I have to feel sorry for..... nope nevermind, must have been gas.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
RIP George. Not a Yankee fan or a Yankee Hater. but i do root for them over the red sox.

But to be honest i really got sick of watching stuff about him over and over the other day. though i get why it happened nothing was going on in real sports. but it sucked for me becaise i was in the ER Waiting room having to sit through hours of that shit when normally i would be happy ESPN was on.