Author Topic: "TNA's about to change forever"  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Dale

"TNA's about to change forever"
« Reply #30 on: 15 June 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
[/SIZE][/FONT]Sports Business Journal  published two reports on WWE and TNA business, mainly with focus on  TNA's business model trying to grab market share from WWE.

The profile of TNA included some comments on the company's revenue by  TNA president Dixie Carter, which is a rarity for the privately-held  company.

TNA is claiming 75 percent revenue growth from 2008 to 2009, mainly from  the increase in house show touring.

"Our revenues have grown significantly," Carter said. "We're finally  getting the momentum we need."

Carter also claimed "people are more aware of us than ever" due to the  addition of Hulk Hogan. Yet, TV ratings are barely at the 1.0 rating  level back on Thursday nights, which is well below where the company was  one year ago.

As part of the focus on live event touring helping TNA's revenue, SBJ  included a quote from Carter that suggests TNA will be taking the TV  product on the road in addition to increasing the number of house shows  this year.

"It's imperative," Carter said. "Universal Studios, we're very lucky to  have them as a marketing partner. But it's very important that you go  and bring the show to other people."

On the PPV front, SBJ reports that TNA is looking to increase PPV  revenue, mainly overseas with new agreements in India, the U.K., and  Australia.

SBJ also reports TNA is looking to add international tours in Australia  (after a false start earlier this year), Spain, and India
PWTorch

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]                       According to two representatives, one of General Nutrition Centers  (GNC) and one of Sirius XM Satellite Radio who works with the health and  nutrition juggernaut, GNC may be looking to invest and perhaps, buy out  Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA Entertainment).

TNA is currently owned by Panda Energy, which is ran by Bob Carter,  father of TNA President Dixie Carter.

Over the last few weeks, Dixie Carter has "tweeted" and "Facebooked"  about major changes coming for TNA within the next month or so.  PWInsider.com has reported the rumor of TNA ditching most, if not all of  the company's pay-per-view events in favor of monthly televised  specials on Spike TV, home of current flagship program, "Impact."

Carter has hinted that the major changes she has the Internet buzzing  about are gradual ones that will be noticeable as time goes by. With the  amount of money the company has lost via low buyrates, marketing on a  failed move to Monday nights, as well as an excess of talent that are  questionable at best in terms of drawing power, cutting the operating  costs of running pay-per-view events every month would partially heal  the wounds of TNA's mistakes.

A new investor or majority owner could completely heal TNA, at least  financially. It is not that Bob Carter is broke. It is the fact that he  may not want a company that loses money, specifically his, any longer on  his portfolio.

TNA superstar Kurt Angle commented on his Facebook fanpage the following  on Monday afternoon:

"Tom Dowd sighting. The CEO of GNC was reported to be hanging backstage  with tna wrestlers. Could be promising for tna and Angefoods(wink,  wink)."

Angle Foods, LLC is Angle's food company that distributes meals that  improve people's intake of carbs, key fibers, and overall health.

The Sports Courier.

Dixies Facebook: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]                                             TNA change coming really soon!! It's "REAL CHANGE" and it involves  the creative project and business changes
Yet more different rumours to throw into the mix

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #31 on: 15 June 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
Probably a lot of hype for nothing that's going to affect the vast majority of fans, really..

Also, in response to the first story, I'd like to point out that revenues do not equal profits. So while their revenues may have gone up 70% or whatever, their expenses probably went up a lot more this year.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 15 June 2010, 03:54:03 PM »
Quote from: JeriPrax;42426
Probably a lot of hype for nothing that's going to affect the vast majority of fans, really..

Also, in response to the first story, I'd like to point out that revenues do not equal profits. So while their revenues may have gone up 70% or whatever, their expenses probably went up a lot more this year.

True, switching to HD equipment won't have been cheap.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #33 on: 15 June 2010, 03:56:51 PM »
Quote from: Awesome;42434

Not to mention hiring Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff to run your company and running PPVs that no one watches. Oh and going live and switching nights for Impact for no good reason.

The list goes on :P

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: 15 June 2010, 03:58:52 PM »
Quote from: JeriPrax;42437
Quote from: Awesome;42434

Not to mention hiring Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff to run your company and running PPVs that no one watches. Oh and going live and switching nights for Impact for no good reason.

The list goes on :P

Such as paying Christy Hemme $175k, hiring RVD and Jeff Hardy among others... :dohw:
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #35 on: 29 June 2010, 01:16:08 PM »
What did this end up being, I don't recall them ever really announcing anything...

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #36 on: 29 June 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
Ya, have they changed forever yet? :giggle

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #37 on: 29 June 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
Not to my knowledge unless they were talking about the old ECW guys and really...who gets excited for these 40+ year olds? other 40+year olds? who sonsist of what 40 people??

no announcement i don't think has been made and i still don't see why spike TV would get excited about the ECW stuff so maybe its just a wait and see.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #38 on: 29 June 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
Well if it is that, why is that such a major wrestling changing thing, that's been done before in WWE when those wrestlers were closer to their prime...

Offline WeedMan420

« Reply #39 on: 2 July 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
Well Abyss has been saying "they're coming" who's they? Dixie's been saying that TNA is about to change forever and Sting is saying that she's been conned by Hulk and Bischoff..I'm probably wrong but I smell something to do with the WWE

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #40 on: 6 July 2010, 12:55:39 AM »
Same old shit.

Offline Dale

« Reply #41 on: 10 July 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
- Jeff Jarrett has been teasing

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #42 on: 11 July 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
didn't we hear something about Impact moving to New York not too long ago? seeming a bit more possible now. maybe something to do with sabu or foley but that would be a let down for me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #43 on: 27 July 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
Bump.

So was this the ECW stuff?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 27 July 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
No one knows.....and at this point seems like no one cares. doesn't seem like it to me though. just seems like another fail for TNA.