Author Topic: "TNA's about to change forever"  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
"TNA's about to change forever"
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2010, 09:05:14 PM »
what's the deal with Sullivan and Foley? I don't know a lot about that? do they like each other? hate each other? what?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
They worked together a lot in WCW and ECW, mostly tagging together or with sullivan being his manager.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2010, 03:57:46 AM »
I'm still going with a name change here, but if I were Spike I'd just get rid of the real wrestlers and replace them with the midgets that are getting the same ratings after one week.  You'd be paying them less for the same results.

Offline Dale

« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
[/SIZE][/FONT]Credit: F4WOnline.com

There has been discussion within TNA about using HD-3D technology. It's  unsure if they plan to use it regularly or for special occasions like  PPVs.

As reported a few months back, WWE plan to start using the technology by  next year.
Thought i'd stick it in here just incase. Can't stand this whole 3D phase, it doesn't interest me at all.

Tune into Spike every Thursday to see Team 3D in 3D!!!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #19 on: 13 June 2010, 10:00:06 PM »
I hope that's not the announcement though it seems likely since everything seems to be going 3D nowa says. ad you know i don't mind the whole 3D phase i just wish you didn't have to have a special TV that cost a shitload of cash.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #20 on: 13 June 2010, 10:36:13 PM »
Let's just say the announcement for TNA is that they are going 3D.  

WHO IN THEIR VIEWERSHIP GROUP ACTUALLY OWNS A 3D TV???

The 3D TVs have barely been put into production and I don't see consumers going out to buy them unless they are a great improvement over the HDTVs that everyone just bought over the last 5-10 years.  It's just stating facts that TNA's audience isn't the wealthiest group in the world.  It's not like this is a golf audience where its retirees and high income folks.  TNA's viewers can't afford 3D TVs and it will have no impact at all except for more cost on TNAs end.  This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard if true.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 13 June 2010, 10:52:08 PM »
Quote from: narcolepsy;42321

The 3D TVs have barely been put into production and I don't see consumers going out to buy them unless they are a great improvement over the HDTVs that everyone just bought over the last 5-10 years.  It's just stating facts that TNA's audience isn't the wealthiest group in the world.  It's not like this is a golf audience where its retirees and high income folks.  TNA's viewers can't afford 3D TVs and it will have no impact at all except for more cost on TNAs end.  This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard if true.

Unintentional pun? :lol
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Dale

« Reply #22 on: 13 June 2010, 11:18:16 PM »

That's pretty much what I said on another forum. Surely broadcasting in 3D will be subsequently more than HD so that will likely cost a fortune and does TNA make enough money off of Impact advertisements and what not to offset the cost of going 3D. Even if they do make enough money, does the impact audience already have all that technology to make use for it? Hell, does the WWE audience have it? PPV's on the other hand could be a totally different matter as they could be worth looking into with cinemas and bars now having the 3D technology.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #23 on: 13 June 2010, 11:20:29 PM »

The people who do buy 3D TV might tune in even if they're not wrestling fans, just to justify wasting money on a 3D TV :lol

But ya, i take back my "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and replace it with an "lmfao".

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 14 June 2010, 02:16:03 AM »
The 3D is a good move in the long run because i expect them to be like the HD TV is now years down the road. the problem is hardly no one has a 3D TV right now and you shouldn't get the fans buzzinga nd excited about something that 99% of them aren't even going to be able to be a part of.

Also i can't even watch Impact in HD because i don't have Spike HD or hell to my knowledge there isn't a spike HD. so if they wanna go 3d they need to fix that first because watching impact in 480 on my 32 inch just isn't so great.

Offline Dale

« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2010, 02:17:22 AM »
I'm English and even I know iMPACT is broadcasted in HD...

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2010, 03:18:53 PM »
So did TNA change forever yet? :lol

Offline Dale

« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Next few weeks

If you haven

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #28 on: 14 June 2010, 06:35:40 PM »
I don't really trust SES Scoops as a source but that might be a good move. Keep the major PPVs (BFG, Slammiversary, and Lockdown I guess) on PPV plus maybe a couple more and run the rest like UFC runs ''Fight nights''.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 14 June 2010, 10:55:06 PM »
that would be a great move. keep lockdown, slamiversary and Bound for Glory and i would say add 1 more PPV you can make important and that's all you really need because TNA has horrible PPV buys that they are ashamed to even give out.

just blow off all the feuds on monthly specials on spike. the only problem there are the commercials. if you go 3 hours you're not gonna have 3 hours worth of show like you would on a PPV because of the commercials.