Author Topic: "TNA's about to change forever"  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Dale

"TNA's about to change forever"
« on: 11 June 2010, 07:38:53 PM »
[/FONT]Dixie Carter posted  another message on Twitter in an attempt to get fans buzzing about the  TNA product...

"It's 6:30 am. Been up for hours. So excited I can't sleep. TNA's about  to change forever. Can't wait to share it w/you, my staff, the talent"
Wonder what it is this time? It seems nearly every week they have a huge surprise planned.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
Maybe they're going to use a different ketchup in Catering :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2010, 12:49:06 AM »
They've signed the Mountie and he is going to sort Hulk Hogan's ring out which will then lead to Abyss fighting the Rocky Balboa cardboard cutout which he'll lose thanks to the now newly reformed Main Event Mafia coming down and interferring. Mike Tenay and Earl Hebner then make a tag team called "DA BACKSTAGE BOIS" and win all the belts. Oh yeah and lets not forget that Sting comes out of retirement to face the newly signed Mark Jindrak.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2010, 01:04:16 AM »
The Band are going to go to the ring for a promo, in that time, everyone of importance/relevance within the company escapes and they are going to have a Sidewinder missile fired at the building taking out all the old washed up has-beens, along with the complete morons who are at every show that have been known to ruin shows with their smarky chants

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2010, 01:24:47 AM »
Quote from: Gorsty;42237
The Band are going to go to the ring for a promo, in that time, everyone of importance/relevance within the company escapes and they are going to have a Sidewinder missile fired at the building taking out all the old washed up has-beens, along with the complete morons who are at every show that have been known to ruin shows with their smarky chants
Being you appeared to be an avid TNA fan when you regularaly posted here I would like to know who you would actually get rid of and why.

Dixie Carter posted  another message on Twitter about the 'changes' coming to TNA...

"Just got off phone w/Spike prez Kevin Kay. He is all in and agrees this  will change TNA on every level."
Change of location? Going live on Thursdays? Going back to Mondays? Going on the road? Second show?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2010, 04:37:25 AM »
I hope for a a 2nd 2 hour show. if not i won't be excited. going on the road would be nice too cause i hate the impact zone fans.

though TNA always promise change but its always for the worse. it got really good right before Hogan came in and ruined it all.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2010, 09:27:47 AM »
Any chance that they are changing the name of the company from TNA to something else?  If it's going to change forever, maybe they are getting rid of the not so family friendly acronym of TNA and coming up with something that's more mainstream.

Either way, why would anyone buy a PPV to hear about a new business decision?

Best possible scenario: Jeremy Piven is made permanent TNA GM.  Welcome to year round Summer Fest!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2010, 09:37:57 AM »
IF Danielson really did get fired and if he only had a development contract would that mean he wouldn't have a no compete clause?

....Just asking

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42238
Quote from: Gorsty;42237
Being you appeared to be an avid TNA fan when you regularaly posted here I would like to know who you would actually get rid of and why.
Russo, Ferrarra, Hall and Nash mainly, you could possibly put Hogan in there too, the idea that he can come out and take out a heel with 1 punch really takes away the idea of suspending disbelief that you should watch wrestling with. I was thinking of more, but looking at the roster, there really aren't any others I see no potential positives for (Jimmy Hart is still listed but he hasn't been seen in months)

I'm not a complete Russo hater, but if it meant the potential to have either Bischoff or Heyman writing the shows, I'd be all for it.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;42252
IF Danielson really did get fired and if he only had a development contract would that mean he wouldn't have a no compete clause?

....Just asking
Usually ALL WWE contracts, developmental or not will have the clause, it means they can't work on another companies televised shows but can still work for smaller indy shows

Offline Dale

« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
[/FONT]TNA'S BIG SURPRISE  UPDATE

By  Mike  Johnson and Dave Scherer  on 2010-06-11  20:10:44

The word we are getting is that the  big change that Dixie Carter  is tweeting  on her Twitter account is  not something related to  Slammiversary but something  that is much  bigger for the company as a  whole.  There has been a lot of talk that  the company has reached out to  people to  enhance and/or overhaul the  creative end of the company and  we can confirm that  the two most  prominent names discussed internally  are Kevin Sullivan and Paul   Heyman.

As we have mentioned previously on the site, Heyman has been on the   TNA radar  for a while now.  The story we have gotten is that for Heyman   to come in,  he would need complete control of the creatiove process   (or at least as much as  a booker can have in 2010).  We can also   confirm that they have spoken with  Sullivan as well.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]TNA PRESIDENT DIXIE  CARTER ON 'TNA CHANGES' AND  THEORIES MAKING THE ROUNDS

By  Mike  Johnson on 2010-06-12  00:06:47
                                                   I reached out to TNA President  Dixie Carter for clarification on  the "TNA changes" comment that we've  written about tonight.   When asked  about whether it would involve a  creative change as we theorized  earlier in the night, Carter responded  none of the theories making the  rounds were correct and the change was  something on a much larger,  grander scale.  Carter described it as  "true change."

While there is rampant discussion going on within the company about  the  situation (and we've heard a number of theories), the reality is no   one in the company knows what Carter has up her sleeve as she hasn't   disclosed it to anyone.  Carter is holding all her cards extremely close   to the vest, so no one knows what the true nature of what her tease  is.

While Carter made it clear this situation is not something  specifically  designed for Slammiversary (although she did tease a  surprise for that  PPV, which apparently is a different matter), all of  this certainly  does add a lot of intrigue and mystique to this Sunday's  PPV.
If it is a booking change, why on earth would casual fans give a shit about that really?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
If it were just a mere creative change, she wouldn't need Spike TV's permission

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
Who the fuck would give a shit if it was Kevin Sullivan?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2010, 08:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;42270
Who the fuck would give a shit if it was Kevin Sullivan?

Mick Foley?

And Adam, the Danielson thing crossed my mind too :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.