Author Topic: World Cup 2010.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #30 on: 19 June 2010, 10:17:07 AM »
That was the worst I have seen England play in years. What the fuck was Capello thinking keeping Rooney on the pitch after he spent a majority of the game looking completely uninterested? Defoe should have come on a lot earlier than he did, proven by the fact that he gave us several chances within minutes of being brought on. Considering we had 87,000 corners against Algeria in the game, you would have thought someone like Crouch would have been brought on, if only for his height.

Capello seriously needs to reconsider his starting line up for the next game, because frankly; we deserve to go out the way we are playing. The entire team looks like they've never played a game together, it reminds me of France in 2002 when the players revolted against their manager.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #31 on: 19 June 2010, 12:55:11 PM »
The thing I never understand is that we have managed to play all our players out of position for about 4-6 years now. Gerrard and Lampard could probably work if they worked just behind Rooney and go between a 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 formation. 4-4-2 could work with Crouch and Defoe, but that is never going to happen as its almost like a sin if Rooney is dropped (which is pathetic in its own right, he is not bigger then the team). I think Rooney should be dropped, lose him some ego so he has to work for his place. Put Crouch and Defoe (who have had no time to show themselves) up front, it must work seeing as they have played all season for Spurs who earnt a place in the champions league. Everyone has been saying this, but play Joe Cole. Everytime i see him in an England shirt he plays with pride. He has nothing to play for anyway, no club. This is his chance to shine. I personally would have brought Theo Walcott to the cup, he is better then Wright Philips imo, but now they haven't they are better off probably playing Wright Philips and bringing Aaron Lennon on around the 60-70 minute mark to out pace on the wing. I didn't watch Heskey play, and whilst he normally plays with his heart he just isn't good enough to cut the squad imo. I don't know why they didn't just bring Darren Bent along, he always gets dismissed yet scores.

Capello, people will get annoyed if you don't make any changes. The system clearly doesn't work so it needs to be sorted. No more of these silly little tactics of telling players 2 hours before they play that they are in the team or anything like that.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #32 on: 21 June 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
England have played crap, it's predictable. They get paid so damn much that if they lose it doesn't matter so much whereas in other countries where footballers don't make a stupid amount of money the footballers are determined to score goals and get man of the match as they want the money.
It's not just England though other European teams have looked crap such as France and Italy.
Really wouldn't be surprised to see England knocked out of the team stages although I hope they prove me wrong.

Right now the world cup looks fairly unpredictable but I can see Brazil getting the win (highly unoriginal guess but they look like they could manage it.)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #33 on: 23 June 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
ENGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDD!

USA and England qualify! Good play by Defoe, the combination of Rooney and Gerrard, Ashley Cole and Terry's defence but Johnson's yellow card pissed me off!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #34 on: 6 July 2010, 02:46:33 PM »
Predictions for the semis?

I'm going:

Germany over Spain 3-1
Netherlands over Uruguay 0-0 with penalties.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #35 on: 6 July 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
Would be thoroughly shocked to see the Dutch get held 0-0 and expect a comfortable enough win for them in the 90 minutes.

Germany Spain is tricky to call. Germany are the favourites but I fancy Span to turn them over.