Author Topic: World Cup 2010.  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
World Cup 2010.
« on: 22 May 2010, 02:48:42 AM »
Ive been psyced for the World Cup for a long time, this commercial just turned it up by 100 million.

Offline Zuccini

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2010, 05:07:10 AM »
hoping Brazil will take it out once more this year!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2010, 04:12:44 PM »
GO GREECE.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
Fucking awesome was that, the part with Rooney was fucking amazing.

21 days till England USA and just 20 days till the opening ceremony

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
COME ON ENGLAND!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
Monday afternoon Canada is playing Argentina in Argentina's final game before the tournament so that should be pretty cool. First time these two teams ever play against each other and I would imagine Argentina will have quite a few of their regulars in.

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
4 HOURS TO GO :mrk

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2010, 07:54:41 PM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42259
4 HOURS TO GO :mrk

It started yesterday genius :ace

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
:D

GO USA!

Hell everyone should be rooting for the USA because maybe if the US actually wins Soccer can become more of a big deal in the US and not just some sport little mexican kids play and hardly no one watches. and the way i see it it the more fans and viewers you can get for soccer is better in the overall picture than the same old team winning. or at least root for the US to make the finals kind of like the Olympics had with Canada vs the US it resulted in having the Stanley cup game 6 be the highest rated Stanley cup game ever iin the US i think i heard and it didn't even have any stuperstars

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
Before the game I would have taken a draw even though I fully expected us to win. We didn't get out of second gear and still pretty much tore the US to shreds. Howard for the US single handedly kept them in the game whereas Green effectively cost us 2 points. Fair enough he made a save onto the post from the only attack I can remember from the US but the goal let in is horrendous and you can't back him up in anyway possible as 99 times out of a 100 that would be saved. I still fully expect us to qualify top of the group and even the US should qualify but they need to improve alot on that performance although they should be encouraged by essentially getting a bonus point from this game.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
I don't think it's all Robert Green's fault, it was a blunder and goalkeepers make blunders. So many times in the last few years it has been our Achilles heel. If you think about it it's the most pivotal position really as they have to be in fine form all the time, having little playing time and staying focused for about 2-3 shots a game against them (in Green's case), or dealing with plenty of shots, maybe about 20 odd (in Howards case). When they make a mistake it is massively blown out of proportion.

Other then that one costly mistake, and it was costly, Green was probably one of our better players. England played such a lifeless game and looked settled for a draw and I think the team have more to blame for then anything. Glen Johnson and Gerrard seemed to be there, I would even say Heskey was as well, but so many other players were just inconsistent, no flair brought to the table and when they finally did pull it together, it just never really connected. Well done to the US defense for that, as I felt at the start they looked pretty bad in the back line but managed to pull it together after about 10-20 minutes. The guy with the meat chops, Onyewu, played a solid game in defense and Howard was solid in goal, probably the best player on the pitch. It is not as much of a big deal as a lot of people are making out, it is the first game of the group and if I remember there are 3 games to play in a group and those are against Algeria and Slovenia, games we should win (I wouldn't be surprised if we scrape past one of them though, or even draw tbh :/). I think both England and USA would look at tonight's game and see that as the most difficult of the group, getting at least a point from this game would be acceptable on both parties.

It was a solid performance, but I think we need that extra bite in our attack if we are to win the tournament. Hopefully the games against Algeria and Slovenia will pick up the pace and build some morale and confidence to score, also need to go back to the drawing board, whilst we held possession for the majority of the game, it was lackluster boring middle of pitch play all game really.

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2010, 12:21:49 AM »
I don't know how it can be anybody elses fault other than Green? It was a bread and butter shot, it wasn't a worldy strike heading for the top corner, it was a timid drive on the floor straight at him there's nobody else to blame other than him. It can't even be put down to concentration, it's just basic goalkeeping. By the way the more you look at the replay for the shot he saved onto the post you realise he nearly fucked that up aswell.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42284
I don't know how it can be anybody elses fault other than Green? It was a bread and butter shot, it wasn't a worldy strike heading for the top corner, it was a timid drive on the floor straight at him there's nobody else to blame other than him. It can't even be put down to concentration, it's just basic goalkeeping. By the way the more you look at the replay for the shot he saved onto the post you realise he nearly fucked that up aswell.

Shit happens. The ball could have hit a groove on the surface or something and caused it to slip out of his hands. I can agree that there aren't really any excuses and that he maybe should have had it, but you can't blame the loss solely on him. It's an 90 minute game and if you can't score more than 1 goal in 90 minutes against a team that you should beat fairly easily, then there's more to blame than just the goalie.

Offline Dale

World Cup 2010.
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2010, 12:32:07 AM »
Quote from: JeriPrax;42285

Shit happens. The ball could have hit a groove on the surface or something and caused it to slip out of his hands. I can agree that there aren't really any excuses and that he maybe should have had it, but you can't blame the loss solely on him. It's an 90 minute game and if you can't score more than 1 goal in 90 minutes against a team that you should beat fairly easily, then there's more to blame than just the goalie.
Enough with the attempted excuses, it's inexcusable simple as. Yes it's a 90 minute game and over 90 minutes like I mentioned before we were comfortable and crusing without being in danger and had he done a simple task we would have been more than worthy winners. He cost us the game and he knows it, the team will know that and so does the whole of the world who was watching.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
World Cup 2010.
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42288
Quote from: JeriPrax;42285

Enough with the attempted excuses, it's inexcusable simple as. Yes it's a 90 minute game and over 90 minutes like I mentioned before we were comfortable and crusing without being in danger and had he done a simple task we would have been more than worthy winners. He cost us the game and he knows it, the team will know that and so does the whole of the world who was watching.

I respectfully disagree. It's one goal, and yes, he miffed, but it's easy to scapegoat a goalie when he lets one through. What about all the strikers who missed on their chances?