Author Topic: NXT Taping Results 18/05/10  (Read 158 times)

Offline Dale

NXT Taping Results 18/05/10
« on: 19 May 2010, 05:38:20 PM »
*  The show opens with all of the Pros being asked by host Matt Striker  what they are looking for in the winner of the competition.

* Wade Barrett b. Darren Young

* Daniel Bryan and Michael Tarver come out.  Tarver complains about him  being eliminating for the show despite not being voted out by the Pros.   Bryan says he's the best person for the job and should still be in the  competition.  In fact, he's better than The Miz.  Bryan challenges  Tarver before turning his attention to Michael Cole.  He calls Cole a  poor man's JR and attacks him.  He has to be separated from Cole.

* Justin Gabriel b. Heath Slater

* The Pros huddle to discuss tonight's elimination.  Darren Young is  eliminated from competition.  Darren Young says we haven't seen the last  of him and thanks the fans and says he respects the Pros and thanks  them as well.
So who watched then?

It's amazing how much more enjoyable the show becomes when they remove those shitty challenges. I read somewhere yesterday and I can't seem to find it again sadly but I believe that last week on NXT it had more time dedicated to doing the Obstacle course than Raw had in actual wrestling.

I liked the feel of this weeks show with having the pro's up on the stage.

Wade Barrett continues to impress and him winning seems like the most likely option now.

Tarver cut a pretty decent promo again but he was outshone by the epicness of Bryan and his worked shoot, it was so real and i've seen very little of the guy but the intensity he showed and the promo deliverance itself was fantastic. The assault on Cole was fucking awesome too, hopefully he keeps coming back every week or something and presumably this isn't over with Cole pressing charges.

Gabriel vs Slater was more enjoyable than the previous match and both guys looked pretty good.

Not really surprised at Young going although i'm not too sure Gabriel should have been ranked below Slater considering he just beat him for a start. I'm guessing next week it comes down Slater & Gabriel.

Keep the shitty challenges away and NXT is certainly worth watching again.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2010, 06:28:26 PM »
I understand the point of the challenges they just weren't well executed and on an hour show it takes up too much time.

Definitely going to have to check this show out though, sounds worth it just for the Tarver/Danielson bit.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
I think it's going to be Justin Gabriel vs. Wade Barrett in the final with Gabriel going over (if they actually have the show come down to a bottom 2).

I think by listing Gabriel 4th this week they are setting him up for a comeback, and he can use the title of NXT winner the most because he doesn't have a real gimmick right now other than being a high flyer.

As much as I like Wade Barrett, I think he has a career whether or not he wins NXT.  I just think Barrett vs.  a WWE Champion right now wouldn't be that compelling.  We are more likely to see Hardy and Gabriel vs. the Hart Dynasty at next month's PPV.

I just hope its not Otunga or Slater.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2010, 08:33:41 PM »
So they haven't announced whether this will be a final 2 or not? Cause it's pretty convenient that the next PPV is Fatal Fourway ;)

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
I don't think Otunga will win, like you mentioned with Barrett not needing to win the same can be applied to Otunga. They could easily have his fiance be a guest host on RAW and give him a match against a top tier superstar to earn a contract or something and then have someone like Santino come out.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
Did you notice that when Miz was finished shouting at Danielson, Regal told Miz that Danielson is better than him?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2010, 12:36:23 AM »
I did notice that i was hoping that would go somewhere.

ya know at this point i honestly don't know what's real and what's fake.
I Don't know if Danielson interview was real or fake
I Don't know if the pros poll is real or fake
I Don't know if the rookies know what's goin on or what to say

And i don't know if i like that or not. but i will say the obsticals and little lame ass challenges being gone improves the show tremendously. and on another note the best part about the show was the guys that got kicked off last week.

also think gabriel should have been higher than slater but at the same time if the pros poll are real i can see how slater being much better on the mic could be over gabriel because he's just horrible;e on the mic.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 04:22:59 AM »
Just saw the promo. WOW. One of the best i've seen in WWE in a while. Loved Punk and Regal agreeing with him that he was better than Miz :lol

He could have come out and just beat the shit out of cole with no promo and I would have been happy though. Great stuff.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2010, 09:06:19 AM »

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
It was a really good show, I don't want to come across bitter in my post with it, but it kind of got to me how only 6 of the pro's were there. I can't work out why the hell Carlito wasn't there, it's not like he does anything other then Superstars, Truth has more of a justification since he is a RAW guy, but even then, Regal was there and so was Jericho. Even if injuries were an excuse, it's not like they had to do anything, they just sat on a chair at the top of the ramp.

Anyway the actual show was pretty good, glad to see Slater was ahead of Gabriel, even if I hate both of them, I just find Gabriel has zero personality, whereas Slater can put on a promo it's just a shame that he sounds like a goon.

The Bryan promo was really good, Tarver impressed me as well. I think those two, Barrett and Otunga are the best from this show who could actually go somewhere.

I feel like the interviews Matt Striker does at the start of the show are a bit of a dud at times, but they are nothing on those awful copetitions. Glad to see they have gone.

In general NXT has found it's rhythm again as others have said. It's good that the competition will end fairly soon, I'll be interested to see what they are going to do when the NXT competition has finished, both with the show and the superstars.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
NXT has long been cancelled.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2010, 07:07:03 PM »
Quote from: THE Lioncock;41530
NXT has long been cancelled.

Cancelled in September, no?

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
Yeah but its canceled regardless. They could end up just show filler episodes for a primer to Smackdown leading up to its debut.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
Quote from: THE Lioncock;41537
Yeah but its canceled regardless. They could end up just show filler episodes for a primer to Smackdown leading up to its debut.

They'll do at least one more season. Otherwise that's a wasted spot for nearly 4 months if not longer. Plus if the next season does well, who says they can't be picked up for another one, or by another network? Being cancelled doesn't mean you have to leave television forever.