Author Topic: Official iMPACT! 5/3 Discussion Thread  (Read 901 times)

Offline Dale

Official iMPACT! 5/3 Discussion Thread
« on: 1 May 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Currently Confirmed:

On Monday night, TNA  Wrestling returns to SpikeTV at 8/7c for two hours of Total Nonstop  Action Wrestling!

Here is a preview of what is scheduled for the broadcast:

- Who will Hulk Hogan give Ric Flair's Hall Of Fame ring to? Abyss won  it from "The Nature Boy" this past week - the question is, who will be  the new owner? Tune in and find out!

- Orlando Jordan debuts his new "O-Zone" interview segment, with his  first guest the TNA Global Champion, "The Freak" Rob Terry

- Former X Division Champion Douglas Williams makes his return - how  will he react to being stripped of the X Title?

- Plus, more on the new TNA Rankings System from Eric Bischoff!
Doesn't look like I will be tuning in for this impact over Raw. More Hogan rambling promos sucks, OJ's talk show will suck and yay for more overbooked knockouts matches! With that being said, BM vs MCMG could be a nice match if given time.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2010, 07:19:35 AM »
yep only reason to tune in is to see beer money vs the guns and the story progression with doug williams and the X division.

also wouldn't mind seeing joe kill some fools again. hoping for shanan moore.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2010, 02:09:45 AM »
The following was posted  on TNA Wrestling's Facebook page:

Which of the leading vote-getters will get a shot at the TNA World  Heavyweight Championship against Rob Van Dam on Monday's live iMPACT?  Don't miss the huge broadcast on Spike at 8/7c!
YAY! More title matches with no build or advertising!

Dixie  Carter President of TNA Wrestling TNA will make a major announcement  during tonights  TNA iMPACT! on Spike TV at 8ET/7CT. We strive to  deliver what our fans want, and the  next step in the evolution of the  TNA brand will do just that.

- The announcement  may be TNA's move back to Thursday nights. TNA officials announced to  the wrestlers at today's iMPACT in the locker room that iMPACT is going  back to Thursday nights. We should know more after tonight.
I think moving back to Thursdays is a good move. No shame in admitting defeat and moving back instead of being stubborn and possibly ending up killing the company

- Former WCW World Champion Lex Luger is in Orlando this afternoon and  is expected to be at tonight's TNA iMPACT.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
I thought it was just for the May 31st impact or something like that. oh well im not happy about this because i enjoyed switching back and forth and getting to watch wrestling an hour ahead of time. though with there poor ratings you can't blame them.

It pisses me off we will get the title match tonight. Wolfe is gonna win the voting only to get some non build title match where it won't lead to anything and he will just lose.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2010, 07:11:35 AM »
I think the brawl at the beginning was great and Machismo's impression of Flair was spot on. Yet again though there just seems to be no real storyline here, just two factions that hate each other although simplicity works.
I think the Ink Inc is a good idea and this match was pretty good, I liked it when Joe came out and destroyed Kendrick.
I think the tag match was good but was interrupted prematurely by two old timers and I wanted to see more of the Motor city machine guns as their tag team moves are the best thing TNA has to offer along with Mr Anderson's promos (he delivered another great one and looks like he is facing Hardy at Sacrifice.)
The O Show is just really stupid and annoying, did anyone else find it so lame how Orlando "attacked Terry from behind."
Abyss and Styles was good for how long it lasted as was RVD and Wolfe, it's a shame Wolfe won the poll only to lose a title match to RVD that had no build to begin with, it was pretty one sided as well.
I found the Hogan/Sting promo boring.

With TNA I feel like I am watching WCW combined with modern indy wrestling combined with a cheap version of the WWE, essentially I am.