Author Topic: WWE NXT Taping Results  (Read 146 times)

Offline Dale

WWE NXT Taping Results
« on: 29 April 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
* The show opens with an NXT challenge.  Each Rookie has 60 seconds to  go around the arena and sell as much merchandise as possible.  The  winner gets a match against any WWE Superstar.  

* Wade Barrett & Chris Jericho b. Christian & Heath Slater when  Chris Jericho hit a Code Breaker on Slater then pinned him.  

* Darren Young b. Michael Tarver

* David Otunga won the challenge but I'm told Justin Gabriel clearly  sold the most merchandise.  Otunga wins a match against a superstar of  his choosing.

* Skip Sheffield b. Daniel Bryan.  Sheffield was scheduled to face The  Miz but he claimed he was too hurt because of the punch by Big Show last  night on Raw.

Christ alive I can't believe how bad this show has gotten.

I watched the first guy do the programme challenge, saw how awful it was so skipped through the rest of them as they came on through the show. I did however catch DB's who was just giving them away and Wade Barret taking the money and leaving.

They showed three more good video packages with the pro's analysing that rookie. This week it was Bryan, Tarver & Gabriel.

I loved how everyone bar Miz for obvious reasons put over Bryan saying the guy was already a star, that made me happy.

Tarver, pretty much everyone said he looked like the first guy to be eliminated unless he pulls something out of the bag quick.

Gabriel was a mixed bag although I think it was a fair evaluation overall. Matt said that he reminded him of a young him although in truth it's clear to see he's more like Jeff but understandable why they couldn't say that. I loved how Punk said his biggest detriment was his mentor and that the only thing he could teach him was about Myspace and Twitter. Rest of the reviews were pretty much that he had all the talent in the world but needed to sharpen up on the personality side of things while Jericho said he was a one trick pony because of his flashy finisher

I enjoy that they seem to let Bryan get some offense in before ultimately losing the match, but how long can they continue doing this without killing the guy? All the fans are supposed to believe is that he's this great wrestler, the most experienced guy there yet he continually loses. How long before they just turn their back on him and decide it's pointless to support him? They just need to make the guy snap and let him get on a winning run to make people believe him again.

Final thing though, Skip's finisher was fucking sick and the best way to describe it would be a Super Stone Cold Stunner. Bryan was on Skip's back with his legs wrapped around him and Skip jumped in the air with him on his back and nailed the stunner, pretty fucking sweet.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
WWE NXT Taping Results
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2010, 01:34:11 AM »
Quote from: MickieFan;40982
Final thing though, Skip's finisher was fucking sick and the best way to describe it would be a Super Stone Cold Stunner. Bryan was on Skip's back with his legs wrapped around him and Skip jumped in the air with him on his back and nailed the stunner, pretty fucking sweet.
Think about giving someone a piggy back ride, they rest their head on your shoulder jaw first, then you drop down to your ass.... hard.  Looked pretty badass.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
WWE NXT Taping Results
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2010, 04:04:17 AM »
I Think i seen a female use this as her finisher so i wasn't blow away by it but its a nice finisher.

the show sucked though. i don't need to explain why because it just honestly did and i am hating these stupid little contest more and more though i liked what danielson did when he was up just giving the stuff away rather than selling it.

Anyone else notice people were not getting there correct change back? i seen people giving out 20's and not getting anything back, i think Otunga never gave anything back as a matter of fact. i wonder if anyone ened up pissed because they got cheated out of money or if WWE fixed all the issues right away.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
WWE NXT Taping Results
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
I watched the first contest thing and I just couldn't be bothered with the rest of the show. It just completely killed it for me, I don't get a kick or anything out of watching it and it's obvious they suck since the crowd never react to them and they have no relevance to cutting a promo or anything like that. At least the one which Wade Barrett won a while back, where each wrestler was given a random word and had to make promo out of it actually had some relevance. Carrying a keg around a ring and selling merchandise is something you would expect from a pub interview, not a wrestling show.

An idea I have for a tournament kind of thing would be to make some belts, like an NXT championship belt and/or even bring something like the hardcore championship and have them "test" against each other with hardcore matches and the winner of the tournament wins the hardcore championship. It's simple, it gives the C show another selling point to tune in for, and it makes more sense then fighting on a bouncy castle.