Author Topic: New TNA Ranking System  (Read 251 times)

Offline Siva

New TNA Ranking System
« on: 27 April 2010, 03:13:24 PM »
Quote from: SEScoops
On Monday

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
Ya, cause this is gonna work. it's a novel idea but I just don't see it working. I think the ''Championship Committee'' is just going to choose who ever they want.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Siva

New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
Quote from: PraxFan;40939
Ya, cause this is gonna work. it's a novel idea but I just don't see it working. I think the ''Championship Committee'' is just going to choose who ever they want.

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt it will last.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
Why did you vote for Jeff Hardy? What exactly has he contributed to TNA?
This is a good idea but they will execute it poorly.

Offline Siva

New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;40941
Why did you vote for Jeff Hardy? What exactly has he contributed to TNA?
This is a good idea but they will execute it poorly.

Because he's the only one I care to watch out of the rest of the picks.

Offline Dale

New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
No Matt Morgan on here therefore I refuse to vote. I think it would epic if everyone voted for Rob Terry.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2010, 03:49:19 AM »
Of course this won't be the way they pick the no 1 contender. but at the same time it does show TNA who fans want to see and who they don't want to see.

for example the guys they are shoving down out throats like abyss, rob terry and Jeff Jarrett have the lowest percent out of everyone. ans Desmond Wolfe (who i voted for) had the lead and just above jeff hardy who you know will always win it just because he has so many marks for him.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Jarrett has won the title enough, I know he co-created TNA and he deserves some title runs but it's not like he was ever worth a damn in the wrestling world before.
Desmond Wolfe would probably be my pick.

Offline Dale

New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
You wanna know what's funny, them going to back to Thursdays has completely fucked up this idea.

I mean it now doesn't even make any sense. For the coming iMPACT (May 13th) they've already confirmed on the show that Jeff Hardy is the winner of the poll yet the poll is still open now and he's not even winning, he's in fourth fucking place!

Edit: Wade Kellers thoughts on it

KELLER: The TNA Title Contender  system has screwed up TNA's propaganda campaign, but is Dixie Carter  savvy enough to get the message?

May 5, 2010 - 3:47:40 PM

By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

I often rip on TNA for having low-IQ booking on a regular basis. It  seemed to be on display again on Monday in several instances. I wonder,  though, if it wasn't high-IQ sabotage instead, a mix of pouting,  political posturing, and push-back.

They spent two weeks building up the TNA World Title and their new title  contender system. In one show, they damaged both. RVD's first title  defense against the fans' choice Desmond Wolfe was treated with no  fanfare. Why? Because fans didn't answer the poll correctly. Wolfe  wasn't supposed to win. He's a heel. Why would fans vote for him?

In TNA's bubble, they couldn't imagine how hundreds of thousands of TNA  fans could vote for someone they (management) have never heard of, who  "has never drawn a dime," who wasn't part of the Nitro-Raw era, who  hasn't worked for WWE, who is under six feet tall, and who has been  jobbed out on TV by them for the last few months for all of those  (lousy, self-destructive) reasons.

So, in response to fans voting "the wrong way," they tried to show them.  They put Wolfe in a match with almost no hype or build up and had him  lose in three minutes. That'll teach the fans to mess with the "vision"  Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo, and Ed Ferrara have for TNA,  right?

Wrong.

TNA fans are voting for Desmond Wolfe in huge numbers once again this  week. Jeff Jarrett was positioned at the end of Impact as the heroic  babyface attacking the heel Sting, who turned on TNA, physically handled  Dixie Carter, but also loves TNA and loves pro wrestling (yes, his  character is a total mess). Jarrett, if TNA booking was resonating with  fans, should be leading the voting or at least be among the top five...  or at least be getting more than one percent of the vote. But he's not.

In a humiliating poll that should confirm with empirical evidence what  people have been saying for years and ratings have shown for years -  that is that Jeff Jarrett is not a main event star and he is holding TNA  back when TNA gives him valuable TV time over younger stars that fans  like more - Jarrett is getting 1 percent of votes. Wolfe is getting 33  percent.

As I'm typing this, Jarrett has 837 votes compared to 25,664 for Wolfe.  Seriously, that should send a message so loud and clear to TNA that  their entire political structure determining who gets pushed and who  does based on factors that have nothing to do with what will work in  2010 should be thrown out. Jarrett should man-up and admit he's not the  answer in 2010 and step aside and insist he not get pushed as a top  star.

So far this "fan voting" system is destroying the entire propaganda  machine within TNA that has snowed Dixie Carter for eight years and held  TNA back from becoming a 2.0+ weekly rated show. Therefore, the people  who are in power who are in denial or have reason to stick with the  status quo approach even to the detriment of the company are working to  destroy the "innovative" title contender system they themselves set up.

Hogan, when he announced at the start of Impact that Wolfe got the title  shot, didn't even acknowledge it had anything to do with fan voting.  Ooops. How'd that slip his mind? Two weeks ago, this fan involvement was  "all that." Bischoff was hyping it as a big deal. Two weeks later,  having seen the against-the-TNA-narrative results of the first poll,  they're already begun downplaying it.

They'll come up with some reason that this poll doesn't matter, some  reason to throw out this fan voting system, some explanation that they  use to try to keep themselves in power pushing the same people in the  same way that led to a total utter humbling failure since Jan. 4,  especially on Monday nights since March 5.

Dixie has the evidence she needs that what's going on isn't working.  It's not just a rejection of Jarrett and an embrace of Wolfe. Abyss is  also stuck at 1 percent with merely 605 votes, fewer than Jarrett. He's  Hogan's boy, the "big guy" he chose to be the centerpiece babyface of  his vision of TNA. Obviously a mistake. Even A.J. Styles is flopping  with 1 percent of the vote and less than 1/25th the number of votes  Wolfe has received. Styles isn't working as a heel. He's trying his best  and giving it his all, but he's miscast, and fans are rejecting his  Nature Boy Jr. character. Plus, he's had his chances. Wolfe hasn't.

Meanwhile, Matt Morgan and Mr. Anderson, two relatively fresh faces in  TNA, are in the top mix of vote-getters behind Wolfe.

I'll admit I'm surprised by how few votes The Pope is getting. He's at  just two percent of the vote, but it seems this voting block is savvy  enough not to vote for wrestlers who aren't healthy or active. Pope is  injured. Kurt Angle has only two percent of the vote and Hernandez just  one percent, and they're both out of the mix, too. Angle is on hiatus  and Hernandez is in exile in Mexico selling a storyline injury. Maybe  these fans are voting for people who are active, healthy, and able to  actually get a title shot. Why Hernandez is even on this list when he's  portrayed by TNA as being out indefinitely defies reason. Same with  Angle being included.

Hogan and the current regime don't like this voting. That's why in two  weeks the entire vaunted contender system already began to get  downplayed this week. That's why Hogan "forgot" to mention it when he  announced Wolfe's title shot. That's why Wolfe was booked to lose with  little fanfare to RVD in three minutes. That's why when Wolfe lost, no  big deal was made of it, as if to send the message this was expected and  Wolfe is a loser and you fans who voted for him should have known  better.

The fans don't care, though. They're voting for him again. Can TNA  really write off these results of just a small minority of fans? These  are their fans, sent to their website by the TV show. This isn't  PWTorch.com readers poisoned by my points of view being drilled into  their heads each week. This isn't some small group of "smart-ass fans"  who disrupt TV tapings. This is a significant percentage of TNA viewers  trying desperately to send a message to Dixie Carter. Is she open to  receiving that message? Is she savvy enough to see the games being  played and the b.s. explanations she's being given to try to push back  against the message that their own poll and the disastrous ratings this  year are sending?

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publi...le_41123.shtml

Offline narcolepsy

New TNA Ranking System
« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2010, 03:29:57 AM »
I think the poll was a fun way to try and make the show interactive with the audience, but I think they failed to recognize who is actually voting in these polls.  The internet skews very young, especially for a product like pro wrestling that in theory is marketed to the 15-30 age group (screw TV-PG).  Most of those people barely remember what WCW was so that Jeff Jarrett is just another nobody, an old guy clogging up TNA's main event (most probably don't even remember he was in the WWF prior to 2000).  A guy like Abyss can obviously be most compared to Kane who is a monster that is able to put over their opposition with much ease yet can't carry a show on their own.

Using the theory that the key voting group is a younger age group, they will go with the edgy up and comers/younger wrestlers they most connect to (SEE: Orton, Randy and Cena, John 2004).  In the case of those available on TNA's poll, that will obviously be Matt Morgan, Jeff Hardy (he may not be young anymore, but most of the IWC grew up along with him), Mr. Anderson, and the leader Desmond Wolfe.  If you notice, no one with WCW ties has more than 2% and no one that has ties to the WWE yet failed to be a major player on their roster is over 2% either.

The link for this poll is on every IWC website, newsboard, and forum.  The members of these sites are typically those that:

A) Are WWE fans that just want to sabotage TNA's non-sensical booking (that explains my vote for Brother Devon =/ )
B) Pre-2009 TNA fans that loved the way it was before the influx of WWE stars..If you asked these fans back in 2009 to pluck any 2 names off the WWE roster it probably would have been Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson.
C) Indy fans who are knowledgable about ROH and the other promotions

I believe TNA has no idea who their fans are.