Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 12874 times)

Offline Zuccini

Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: 19 July 2008, 01:47:16 PM »
Yeh well i wouldnt buy the DVD but maybe the book. I dont mind the biography type books. Ive read through the Eddie Guerrero book and it was a good read indeed.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8203
Yeh i agree they need t make a Batista dvd. A great superstar and deserves a dvd or even a book. Has HHH got a dvd for himself?

No offense but there are far, far, far more deserving superstars of DVDs than Batista.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #32 on: 21 July 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;8936
No offense but there are far, far, far more deserving superstars of DVDs than Batista.

I believe he will be coming out with a DVD. Atleast that's what I heard earlier this year. I read somewhere that there will be an Edge DVD, coming out in like november or something.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #33 on: 21 July 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
I Wish WWE would have came out with a kurt angle DVD before he left but sadly i don't know if we will ever get a WWE kurt angle DVD now.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #34 on: 21 July 2008, 10:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;8963
I Wish WWE would have came out with a kurt angle DVD before he left but sadly i don't know if we will ever get a WWE kurt angle DVD now.

You know I was just saying that to my brother the other day because he was one of my favorite wresters to ever step in the WWE. He's had alot of great moments and matches in the WWE and I would definitley by a dvd of Kurt Angle.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #35 on: 22 July 2008, 04:00:37 AM »
Quote from: Skittles;8971
You know I was just saying that to my brother the other day because he was one of my favorite wresters to ever step in the WWE. He's had alot of great moments and matches in the WWE and I would definitley by a dvd of Kurt Angle.

The only way he gets a DVD within in the next 5 years is if he dies... Other then that it will be a long time before we see something from WWE for Kurt...

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #36 on: 23 July 2008, 06:48:32 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;8936

Why? Because you don't like his wrestling style?

The man is one of the top draws in the WWE, a multi-time world champion and has overcome a lot of adversity to get to the point where he is today. IMO he certainly "deserves" a DVD (even though it isn't necessarily about that).

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #37 on: 23 July 2008, 06:56:05 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;9281
Why? Because you don't like his wrestling style?

The man is one of the top draws in the WWE, a multi-time world champion and has overcome a lot of adversity to get to the point where he is today. IMO he certainly "deserves" a DVD (even though it isn't necessarily about that).

Franchise didn't say he didn't deserve a DVD he said there were more people who deserved one over batista. which in my mind i agree but i think batista deserves a DVD as well. But there are other guys like chris Jericho, Big Show,Edge and maybe even kane that may deserve it more. but i like batista and i think he deserves a DVD as well. especially if Cena can have one.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #38 on: 23 July 2008, 06:58:21 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;9286
but i like batista and i think he deserves a DVD as well. especially if Cena can have one.

That's just it: They've come out with DVDs for Rey, Hardys, & Cena 2x each... In Cena's case, many fans will tell you it's b/c they jumped the gun the first time, & didn't wait long enough (so he had enough matches, & other things to include). They're probably going to have a Batista DVD, but want to make sure they have plenty of things to choose from.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #39 on: 23 July 2008, 07:00:35 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;9286
Franchise didn't say he didn't deserve a DVD he said there were more people who deserved one over batista. which in my mind i agree but i think batista deserves a DVD as well. But there are other guys like chris Jericho, Big Show,Edge and maybe even kane that may deserve it more. but i like batista and i think he deserves a DVD as well. especially if Cena can have one.

Nah, the way he said it was in the sense that he didn't deserve it at all, knowing franchise that's what he meant.

"No offense but there are far, far, far more deserving superstars of DVDs than Batista. "

The guys who you mentioned would probably have more material for a DVD, but deserving? I don't know. To me it would be based on drawing power instead of how much they deserve one. And only Edge could be put in the same class of drawing power as Batista amongst those guys and you have to admit that.

If a DVD won't sell and the guy isn't a draw, they won't make a DVD of him, otherwise there would be a Val Venis DVD.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 23 July 2008, 07:09:30 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;9289
Nah, the way he said it was in the sense that he didn't deserve it at all, knowing franchise that's what he meant.

"No offense but there are far, far, far more deserving superstars of DVDs than Batista. "

The guys who you mentioned would probably have more material for a DVD, but deserving? I don't know. To me it would be based on drawing power instead of how much they deserve one. And only Edge could be put in the same class of drawing power as Batista amongst those guys and you have to admit that.

If a DVD won't sell and the guy isn't a draw, they won't make a DVD of him, otherwise there would be a Val Venis DVD.

No argument there at all. Batista DVD would sell Greatly. i would say keep him face though until it comes out if the DVD means that much to them. but i would say a jericho DVD would be in the same class in the selling catagory as jericho and edge.

I know you like to look at stuff from a business stand point. but for me when i say more deserving i just mean like they had paid there dues in the WWE for such a long time and have a lot of good matches and they deserve to get there story told. which is the kind of DVDs i like over the DVDs with just matches on it.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #41 on: 24 July 2008, 06:45:10 PM »
What I meant was a mixture of actual wrestling and entertainment ability and also paying dues in the biz. If a superstar is big enough draw for a DVD then I can see an exception but I look at Batista and in all honesty he ticks NO BOXES, i'm sorry.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #42 on: 27 July 2008, 03:51:52 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;9506
What I meant was a mixture of actual wrestling and entertainment ability and also paying dues in the biz. If a superstar is big enough draw for a DVD then I can see an exception but I look at Batista and in all honesty he ticks NO BOXES, i'm sorry.

That's obviously just your opinion, because he's one of the most over guys in the WWE. he's much more over than CM Punk, and despite his apparent limited wrestling ability, he almost NEVER gets booed. Just because you personally don't like him doesn't mean he isn't entertaining or able to wrestle. It's obviously your personal choice that you prefer styles other than the big-man power style, but fact is the man can work, and he's paid his dues, working as "Deacon Batista" with a washed up D-Von Dudley before rising from the bottom up on RAW in the Evolution days.

There's no way a sane wrestling fan can tell me that one of only like two guys Triple H actually put over and a guy basically hand-picked by Ric Flair isn't a good pro wrestler.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #43 on: 27 July 2008, 02:57:12 PM »
JBL's power style appeals to me, Batista does not. Maybe it just personal choice but then again isn't that how these DVDs are produced? I mean we've all seen Macho Man DVD ideas getting pulled because one man, Vince McMahon didn't want to for personal reasons.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #44 on: 28 July 2008, 11:44:38 AM »

Release Date: September 9, 2008

[courtesy of Silvervision.co.uk]
Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of legendary Larry "The Axe" Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father's footsteps. But Mr. Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he was also the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s. Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honour of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here's a hint... he was absolutely "perfect."

-Perfection
-Twin City Origins
-Building a Path
-AWA
-Mr. Perfect
-Living up to His Name
-Intercontinental Champion
-The Prankster
-Commentator
-WCW
-Return to the WWE
-A Sudden Tragedy
-Hall of Fame
-The Perfect Legacy Lives On

Curt Hennig vs. Eddie Gilbert
Madison Square Garden (November 21, 1982)

Curt Hennig & Scott Hall vs. Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin
AWA Championship Wrestling (November 26, 1985)

AWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
60-Minute Time Limit
Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel
AWA Championship Wrestling (November 15, 1986)

Curt Hennig vs. Terry Taylor
Commentary By: Michael Cole & Mick Foley
WrestleFest (July 31, 1988)

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart
Madison Square Garden (April 24, 1989)

WWE Championship Match
Mr. Perfect vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden (January 15, 1990)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Mr. Perfect vs. Texas Tornado with special referee Roddy Piper
Madison Square Garden (November 24, 1990)

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
SummerSlam (August 26, 1991)

Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels
SummerSlam (August 30, 1993)

Curt Hennig vs. Bret Hart
Uncensored (March 15, 1998)

Mr. Perfect Hall of Fame Induction
WWE Hall of Fame (March 31, 2007)

"Rap is Crap" Music Video

Stories:
-Curt Loved Karaoke
-Lifestyles of Mr. Perfect

Vignettes:
-Billiards - October 1, 1988
-Golf, Perfect Putt - October 1, 1988
-Darts - October 8, 1988
-Bowling - October 8, 1988
-Chess - October 15, 1988
-Basketball - October 15, 1988
-Ping Pong - October 28, 1989
-Diving - November 4, 1989
-Golf, Perfect Drive - November 4, 1989
-Horseshoes - November 24, 1989
-Baseball with Wade Boggs - December 26, 1992
-Football with Steve Jordan - February 13, 1993
-Basketball with Felton Spencer - February 27, 1993
-Hockey with Mike Modano - March 13, 1993

I've been waiting for this DVD ever since I heard about it coming out back in January. While I was looking on Amazon, I seen that Edge has a DVD coming out in November. I plan on getting that one too.
"This is my welcome!"