Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 6882 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: 3 November 2011, 10:31:18 PM »
I Might buy another Edge DVD but not really interested in another Rock DVD.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #151 on: 1 May 2012, 04:39:50 PM »
Yes! Yes! Yes! Daniel Bryan looks to be the next WWE Superstar in line for the DVD treatment.

WWE Daniel Bryan Yes! Yes! Yes! 2012

This according to shock.com.au, which reveals both Daniel Bryan and Sheamus DVDs are two more planned additions to the Superstar Collection series this summer.

Four titles make up the series – John Cena, Zack Ryder, Daniel Bryan, and Sheamus. Each a single disc DVD, slated to contain five matches and bonus material [pre-order].

These DVD's won't be great but it would still be nice add to the collection especially for Bryan and Ryder.

Also Netflix has added 3 new WWE titles
Wrestling's greatest rivalries: Shawn vs Bret
Best of King of The Ring
and The new Rock DVD.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #152 on: 1 May 2012, 04:58:42 PM »
Oh really, gotta check out the Rock DVD for sure if you smelllllll....what netflix is cooking!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #153 on: 9 May 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
WWE SEC filing has revealed the production costs for each of the WWE Studios movie that the company has released so far.

Licensed films
* See No Evil from May 2006 which cost $10.4 million
* The Marine in October 2006 cost $20.2 million
* The Condemned in May 2007 cost $17.5 million
* Behind Enemy Lines 3 in January 2009 cost $2.5 million
* 12 Rounds in March 2009 cost $19.7 million
* The Marine 2 in December 2009 cost $2.3 million

Self-distributed films:
* Legendary in September 2010 cost $5.3 million
* Knucklehead in October 2010 cost $6.4 million
* The Chaperone in March 2011 cost $5.8 million
* That’s What I Am in April 2011 cost $4.7 million
* Inside Out in September 2011 cost $5.1 million
* The Reunion in October 2011 cost $6.9 million
* Bending The Rules in March 2012 cost $5.5 million

Out of all the movies mentioned, WWE did profit only on three of them – The Marine, Behind Enemy Lines 3, and The Marine 2. The first Marine movie is the highest grossing with a profit of $15 million and the other two just $200,000 and $800,000 respectively.

The Condemned remains the biggest money loser with $6.5 million in the red, followed by That’s What I Am at $4.9 million and The Reunion with $4.5 million.

In total, WWE has spent $118.4 million in production for 13 movies, seven of them are self-distributed while the other six are licensed.

I don't think anyone likes these movies. do you think WWE should just end it?

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: 9 May 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
I don't see them giving up on it any time soon, I think that they are going to keep trying for as long as possible to find the right mix that will give them profit.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #155 on: 9 May 2012, 07:01:46 PM »
The point isn't strictly making profit. It's getting their foot in the door of the movie industry, launching vehicles for their superstars to give them an IMDB listing, if you will, branching out. I'm sure they don't want to lose money on anything but it's not as clear as how much money the movie brings in in DVD and Box Office sales, at least that's how I see it. It's like if you go to a job interview with 5 shitty jobs on your experience versus none, it's better.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: 9 May 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
True, but I would imagine that there would still be a point where the shareholders would be calling for them to stop if it starts losing too much money, though obviously that would probably depend upon how much control that they are able to exert over WWE.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #157 on: 9 May 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
True, but I would imagine that there would still be a point where the shareholders would be calling for them to stop if it starts losing too much money, though obviously that would probably depend upon how much control that they are able to exert over WWE.

That's the thing though, most of the movies can't be losing THAT much money and savvy investors would know that it does other things than just create a new revenue source. At least, as a businessman, I can see why they do it.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #158 on: 9 May 2012, 07:41:10 PM »
Its pretty obvious that they should aim to spend a similar production cost to The Marine 2 and Behind Enemy Lines 3, people out there who will be dedicated WWE fans and that's probably where they make a lot of their profits. Also worth noting that the action movies made money rather then the incredibly crappy comedies like The Chaperone or Knucklehead, people can spot a bad comedy straight away and most people can stomache a bad action film a lot more then a bad comedy. It helps that they also have that Arnie/Stallone build, instantly makes people think that it will deliver that kind of corny cliched action that requires little acting talent.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: 7 August 2012, 04:21:39 PM »

:mrk

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #160 on: 7 August 2012, 05:12:45 PM »
Curt Hawkins  :mrk

Unless it has the ROH Promo after he won the ROH world title and the ROH Promo where he signs his WWE contract on the ROH title it will be a bust  :ace

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: 7 August 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
Curt Hawkins  :mrk

Unless it has the ROH Promo after he won the ROH world title and the ROH Promo where he signs his WWE contract on the ROH title it will be a bust  :ace
The trailer does seem to include ROH footage, so it's possible that it will have it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #162 on: 19 September 2012, 09:26:50 PM »
Apparently Punk's DVD has an entire 10 minute chapter with actual ROH footage. Real classy that WWE and ROH would work together to get that on there and not ignore his past. Makes me excited for the eventual D-Bry DVD.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: 20 September 2012, 01:37:10 AM »
that's exactly what i was gonna say. and maybe possibly a future Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and Cassius Ohno DVD.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: 21 September 2012, 11:44:26 PM »
Silver Vision & WWE To Part Ways - Wrestling Fusion - After twenty two years as the official distributor and licensee for WWE releases in the UK and Europe, Silver Vision (part of Clear Vision Ltd.) have announced that their run with the WWE will end on the 31st December 2012...

I wonder whether there will be a new licensee, or whether the WWE will decide to sell directly now.