Author Topic: Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread  (Read 6976 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Official WWE DVD Discussion Thread
« on: 26 June 2008, 10:02:50 PM »
All threads pertaining to WWE DVD reviews and questions should be posted in this thread only. Any new WWE DVD threads that are made, will either be closed or merged with this thread.

You can also review WWE DVD's here. Any DVD's stretching from PPV to biographical DVD's. All WWE, WCW and ECW DVD's are posted here. Also any DVD of any wrestling company who's tapes are owned by WWE.

Also news involving any WWE DVD's are also going to be posted here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with that said, anyone know of any new news regarding the supposed releases of Randy Savage, Sting and Best Of Starrcade titles?

Offline Pala!

« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
I heard a while ago that the Sting DVD is not going to be produced. Not sure about the others though.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
Apparently, The Rock's DVD is supposed to be extremely dissapointing. Not because of the content, but because of the masses of censoring with the WWF logo and any audio that contains the words WWF / World Wrestling Federation. I usually buy 1 WWE DVD at the absolute max a year and this was a dead cert for me, but after hearing about the above, I didn't bother and i'm gonna download it.

Anybody actually got this / seen it?

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2008, 10:34:18 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;2989
Anybody actually got this / seen it?

I haven't seen it but I can imagine how bad it would be then. I have some of the Tagged Classics DVD's and the blurring of the logos, rings etc. on it just makes it not worth it.

I'm in the middle getting RAW's 15th Anniversary DVD Set. Anyone got an opinion on it? And also, is there a lot of censoring of "WWF stuff" on it? :s

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2008, 10:36:52 PM »
Im downloading The Rock's DVD now. 4GB but will done in an hour max, so will probably watch it in a bit and let you guys know how it is :drool

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2008, 05:22:53 AM »
Raw 15 looked good on the ads, but I bought it, & am never going to watch all of it, just based on the watching of a bit. (Lots of "Pop-Up Video"-style giving of "historical references", but they leave you confused on storylines & what certain things on it meant in feuds, etc.

Keep wishing they'd put-out "Best Of Raw, Vol. _" or something like they had on VHSes years ago @ my local video store.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2008, 08:30:11 AM »
*raises hand* i have a question.lol. would it count to post a PPV review here? i mean it is just like a DVD without actually having to buy the DVD.lol.  also i was gonna make another thread that had something to do with DVDs but wasn't really a question about them or a review or anything.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;3119
*raises hand* i have a question.lol. would it count to post a PPV review here? i mean it is just like a DVD without actually having to buy the DVD.lol.  also i was gonna make another thread that had something to do with DVDs but wasn't really a question about them or a review or anything.

Ummm I think it would be better to keep PPV reviews and DVD reviews in separate threads. I know what you mean as most WWE video library is event shows themselves but I think this should be mainly for DVDs like WWE Specials, Superstars DVDs and Best ofs.

Perhaps it would be better to put a PPV review into it's official discussion thread i.e. Night Of Champions. This is a tricky question though as what do we do with events from the past that people might watch again like WrestleMania collections etc.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
Maybe we should make a Review thread for shows and events where we could all just go on there and post our reviews about past PPVS or even recent PPVS. and we could keep this one for more of the documentary's and stuff like the TNA year 1 DVD or shawn michaels DVD.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
Yeah that sounds good!

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
I ordered The Rocks DVD from WWE.com (it came with a shirt WOOT!) so I will let you know when I get it. I have the RAW 15th which is pretty entertaining. I have Twist of Fate but I haven't watched it yet and I saw King of Kings which was pretty good.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2008, 04:51:36 PM »
The Austin and Ladder Matches DVD'S are awesome. In both DVD's they block the old logo but not on everything. As far as censoring the name  "WWF" I haven't really noticed it in either DVD. But I also heard the same thing about The Rock DVD... So Dale, please tell us how it is because I want to buy it but if it is a clusterf**k then I don't want to waste my money

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 27 June 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
I finally finished the final disc of Ladder this past week, & it's good. (Worth it just for that Armageddon match that crushed Mercury's face.)

I'm iffy on the Hardys' deal, so someone let me know. (I would've preferred a multi-disc on Jeff, & leave Matt by the wayside... Or something on the Carolina Connection, inc. Helms, Moore, etc.)

Offline Dale

« Reply #13 on: 27 June 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
TJ, The Hardys DVD is actually pretty good. I downloaded it a while back and was surprised at how good it actually was.

It's alot more of a documentary though and if I remember rightly there wasn't actually a full match shown. It is quite in depth aswell and goes into detail a quite bit on how they got into the WWE, had they're own ring, Matt and his own promotion, Jeff's artistic abilites, touches on the Matt / Lita story aswell as a fair few mentions of Helms & Moore.

Either way even if you don't like Matt it's a pretty good DVD and wouldn't be dissapointed at either of the stories.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 27 June 2008, 08:55:22 PM »
Last DVD I got was the Wrestlemania 24 DVD and I have to say i'm a little disappointed. The Event itself is EPIC and worth the cost of the DVD just or that, but I'm really disappointed with the lack of special features. It has the hall of Fame ceremony, sure, but I was hoping for *AT LEAST* Ric Flair's retirement segment from raw the next night... oh well.

Still worth it, best wrestlemania in a long time.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.