Author Topic: Power Rankings  (Read 1244 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Power Rankings
« on: 25 February 2010, 04:28:02 AM »
Hey guys,

I remember a while ago we were talking about doing our own power 25 like WWE does... I know the problem was that it might be too ambitious to get done but I'd really like to try and take a stab at it. Maybe a power 10 or 15 instead of a power 25 (we'd call it Mayhem 15 or whatever).

The way it would work in my head is that the 4 staff members (Dale, Awe, Russ and myself) would make a list of their 10 or 15 wrestlers of the week, with #1 getting 15 points all the way to #15, who would receive one point.

On top of these 4 staff members, 2 or 3 regular members would make their own list that would count for just as much. They would be chosen at random or based maybe on activity and would rotate every few weeks.

Finally, in order to remove some bias that we might have against some guys, certain points would be predetermined. For instance each champion would automatically be given a certain amount of points (i.e. 20 for world champions, 10 for IC/US and 10 for Tag, or something like that), maybe 10 points for a match win and 5 points for an appearance.

All this will be tallied by me and posted on Monday before Raw.

Might sound a little complicated, if it is, I'd love to hear your opinions on what you think about this and whether you'd be interested.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2010, 08:24:24 AM »
always loved the idea and it sound simple enough for me. though honestly it will be less fun not getting to vote every week.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Power Rankings
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2010, 09:09:08 AM »
So all the staff (and select members) would have to do is list their top 10 wrestlers of the week/month (whatever you go with)?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Power Rankings
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2010, 10:30:32 AM »
Sounds pretty good, one question, would they get 5 points for making an appearance, as well as 10 points for a match?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Power Rankings
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
Quote from: chappers;38591
Sounds pretty good, one question, would they get 5 points for making an appearance, as well as 10 points for a match?

Hmm I didn't think that through haha. Is 5 points per segment they're in too much? Like if Cena has a ring promo, a backstage promo and a match it would be 5 + 5 + 10 points. Personally I think that's fair considering we could have like Santino just hanging out with the guest host backstage once and he has 5 points...

Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;38589
So all the staff (and select members) would have to do is list their top 10 wrestlers of the week/month (whatever you go with)?

Basically, and get them to me by monday at some point. I'll distribute points and tally the results.

Quote from: Adampro123;38584
always loved the idea and it sound simple enough for me. though honestly it will be less fun not getting to vote every week.

I understand, but the more people voting the more complicated it gets. I guess if we have 3 different members going a week everyone should get to go every second week probably (maybe every 3rd week depending on activity).

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Power Rankings
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2010, 06:06:38 PM »
I guess it'd probably depend how many people want to do it really. Like you suggested having all the staff do it - personally, I wouldn't want to do it. Mainly because I don't think I'd be able to come up with 10-15 people of the week, I'd probably only be able to think of 3 maximum most of the time.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Power Rankings
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
Quote from: Awesome;38600
I guess it'd probably depend how many people want to do it really. Like you suggested having all the staff do it - personally, I wouldn't want to do it. Mainly because I don't think I'd be able to come up with 10-15 people of the week, I'd probably only be able to think of 3 maximum most of the time.

Out of the 30-40 wrestlers who appear on WWE TV every week, you wouldn't be able to rank the top 10? :P

Offline Dale

Power Rankings
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
I'm in so long as I only require to rank my top x people a week

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Power Rankings
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
is this only WWE or is TNA involved in this too? also could NXT be involved?

and Awe i would be willing to take you spot if you didn't want it :D

Offline Dale

Power Rankings
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
I doubt he would do TNA seen as though doesn't watch it. Not sure how many people on here actually watch it, I would guess just me, you, Caz and Gorsty

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Power Rankings
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
Nah I think it would be too complicated to do TNA, but if you want to do a separate one for TNA be my guest. NXT guys will definitely be involved.

I think I can get this started this weekend TBH.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Power Rankings
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2010, 12:42:21 AM »
What are you being honest about? WERE YOU LYING ABOUT THIS TOPIC THE WHOLE TIME!?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Power Rankings
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2010, 06:53:53 AM »
nah thats ok dale had a good point not many watch TNA and it would just probably make it more complicated and plus im behind 2 weeks i haven't even watched all of Against all odds yet.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Power Rankings
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2010, 03:19:57 PM »
Alright, gonna sit down and do this today and tomorrow. Who's interested in being the first ''Panel''?

Staff:
- Prax
- Dale
- Awe (not sure, please confirm)
- Russel (same as Awe)

Members:

- Adam?
- Chappers?

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Power Rankings
« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;38601
Quote from: Awesome;38600

Out of the 30-40 wrestlers who appear on WWE TV every week, you wouldn't be able to rank the top 10? :P

Exactly ;)

Seriously though, I obviously know if I like a match/segment or not, but I wouldn't really say I pay close enough attention to rank people.

Quote from: Adampro123;38607
and Awe i would be willing to take you spot if you didn't want it :D

That's ok with me :)
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.