Author Topic: Brooke Hogan Wants to be the Stephanie McMahon Of TNA?  (Read 843 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Brooke Hogan Wants to be the Stephanie McMahon Of TNA?
« on: 9 February 2010, 05:02:28 PM »
Brooke Hogan is said to be pushing for a chance to be a part of TNA as some kind of authority character. Most of the crew are looking for kind ways to shoot-down her ideas, but it all depends on Hulk, who of course will have the final say.

Live fans are becoming annoyed of Brooke sitting ringside, they see her as an over-reactive

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 9 February 2010, 05:22:40 PM »
yeah i agree. there's a lot that steph has the barooke doesn't though main thing being looks.I'd Do stephany before brooke any day of the week...just saying.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #2 on: 9 February 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
Brooke is EXACTLY like Stephanie.... well except for the fact that Stephanie is about a million times more intelligent when it comes to the business, Stephanie is a college graduate who majored in communications (while I'm not sure Brooke even attempted to attend one), Stephanie has proven she isn't just another pretty face as she is deeply involved with the company off-screen as well as on-screen.

Yeah.... EXACTLY like Stephanie.... Brooke wouldn't last a commercial break doing what Stephanie does for the company.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 9 February 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;37967
Brooke is EXACTLY like Stephanie.... well except for the fact that Stephanie is about a million times more intelligent when it comes to the business, Stephanie is a college graduate who majored in communications (while I'm not sure Brooke even attempted to attend one), Stephanie has proven she isn't just another pretty face as she is deeply involved with the company off-screen as well as on-screen.

Yeah.... EXACTLY like Stephanie.... Brooke wouldn't last a commercial break doing what Stephanie does for the company.

By the same token that stephanie PROVED that she wasn't just another pretty face (although I think whether she's a pretty face at all is arguable), shouldn't Brooke be granted that same opportunity to prove that she may have something to give to TNA? i mean, it's easy for us to sit here and bash her for having a failed music career or whatever, but we don't really know anything about her or what she's capable of. We can't say whether she knows anything about the business or not, but just like Stephanie, she's been around it all her life.

And for the record, a degree in communications doesn't really mean much.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #4 on: 9 February 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here that agrees 100% that Brooke will NEVER be compared to Stephanie apart from being "born into the business".  She's just another millionaire's kid who didn't do shit to deserve where she is today, ala Paris Hilton.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 9 February 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;37973
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here that agrees 100% that Brooke will NEVER be compared to Stephanie apart from being "born into the business".  She's just another millionaire's kid who didn't do shit to deserve where she is today, ala Paris Hilton.

And Stephanie was different, how, exactly, before she really started working backstage? I'm sure there were more than a few people who thought Steph was ''just another millionaire's (billionaire's) kid'' 10 years ago.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 9 February 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
I admit I don't know much about Brooke's upbringing, but I have my doubts that she was even remotely involved with anything wrestling related up to this point.  Stephanie had years of experience by the time she was 21 I'm sure.  I'm not saying Steph fully earned it but at least she had something to put on that hypothetical resume'.

EDITS:

Not to mention Stephanie was given her job in her family's business.  While Brooke doesn't have a family business, her father have a JOB.  I'm sure there was a better way to explain that but I can't be arsed (love opportunities to use that phrase).... or maybe I am.

I guess the best way to explain it would be when you have a family business, you try your best to keep it in the family.  Vince knows he won't go on forever, and the likes of Linda and Shane have already moved on while his daughter has been knee deep in as much responsibility as possible regarding the growth of the WWE.  It only seems fitting that she would be given the job.

As for Brooke, her dad was just a wrestler with a creative clause everywhere he went.  He was given the reigns of TNA, in hopes that his name and experience would help push TNA over their current position and compete with the WWE.  Everyone seems to treat Hulk like he's more of a Paul Heyman, when he is clearly more of an Eric Bischoff.

Now if she just hopes to be a character much like Stephanie's on-screen persona then let her, not like she'll do any harm to the company anyways.  The fans won't like it but who cares when it comes to Hulk Hogan, he's used to getting his way and it seems she is the same way for the most part.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 9 February 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;37978
I admit I don't know much about Brooke's upbringing, but I have my doubts that she was even remotely involved with anything wrestling related up to this point.  Stephanie had years of experience by the time she was 21 I'm sure.  I'm not saying Steph fully earned it but at least she had something to put on that hypothetical resume'.

EDITS:

Not to mention Stephanie was given her job in her family's business.  While Brooke doesn't have a family business, her father have a JOB.  I'm sure there was a better way to explain that but I can't be arsed (love opportunities to use that phrase).... or maybe I am.

I guess the best way to explain it would be when you have a family business, you try your best to keep it in the family.  Vince knows he won't go on forever, and the likes of Linda and Shane have already moved on while his daughter has been knee deep in as much responsibility as possible regarding the growth of the WWE.  It only seems fitting that she would be given the job.

As for Brooke, her dad was just a wrestler with a creative clause everywhere he went.  He was given the reigns of TNA, in hopes that his name and experience would help push TNA over their current position and compete with the WWE.  Everyone seems to treat Hulk like he's more of a Paul Heyman, when he is clearly more of an Eric Bischoff.

Now if she just hopes to be a character much like Stephanie's on-screen persona then let her, not like she'll do any harm to the company anyways.  The fans won't like it but who cares when it comes to Hulk Hogan, he's used to getting his way and it seems she is the same way for the most part.

All I'm saying is that I think it's unfair to judge her intelligence or eye for the business based on what you see on TMZ. Sure, Hogan wasn't or isn't Vince, so by association Brooke might not be Steph, but you never know what kind of eye one person may have for the business, especially being around it all their lives. I don't think Hogan tried very hard to shield Brooke from wrestling anyway, having watched his old show.

Anywya, I wouldn't put her in charge of TNA, but there's nothing wrong with giving her a try backstage or on screen if she really wants to contribute.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2010, 07:47:22 AM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;37975
Quote from: Rhymin' Greiman;37973

And Stephanie was different, how, exactly, before she really started working backstage? I'm sure there were more than a few people who thought Steph was ''just another millionaire's (billionaire's) kid'' 10 years ago.

When Stephanie was playing an on screen role she was the most over heel in the company.  And when Stephanie captured the women

Offline Dale

« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
Hope it happens, just to watch it flop like shit.

She only wants it to happen so that she can get try and get her face out there again now daddy is running a wrestling promotion hoping someone will take a chance on her again. I would imagine her being an authorative figure would tune alot of TNA diehards out as it would prove Hogan is simply looking out for friends and family as #1

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #10 on: 10 February 2010, 06:08:57 PM »
Typical boring TNA tactic. All they ever seem to try and do is emulate WWE. If they actually stepped on new ground and were creative, they might actually attract an audience. I just look at TNA and see it as a mess.