Author Topic: I hope this is a sign of things to come.  (Read 268 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
I hope this is a sign of things to come.
« on: 18 January 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
I have never been a great supporter of TNA, I found their January 4th iMPACT! broadcast to be extremely flawed and thought that their programming would continue to be flawed with the influence of Hulk Hogan and such. However, upon watching Genesis; I have to say I hope it is a sign of things to come - Genesis was an extremely enjoyable show in my mind.

Not a single match on the card was what I would call 'bad.' Some where better than others, but every match had me interested. From the opener between Amazing Red and Brian Kendrick (which was the best X-Division match TNA has had in quite a few months) to Desmond Wolfe vs. D'Angelo Dinero. I thought a couple of decisions were odd, such as AJ Styles turning heel and Hernandez and Matt Morgan winning the tag titles (even though I thoroughly enjoy that team.) But overall, nothing had me sitting there wondering what the fuck they were thinking.

A lot of people will probably shit all over this show, because that seems to be how it always goes; even when TNA does some good - but I honestly think that if we had shows like Genesis on a regular basis - TNA might very well be on their way to being taken seriously on a mainstream level.

In another related note:

I am so glad TNA have switched to the 4-sided ring. Don't give me this "The 6-sides are what makes them stand out!" bullshit, the 6-sided ring was a ridiculous gimmick. From the opening seconds of the opening match at Genesis, I found myself taking the in-ring action more seriously because of the traditional ring. I'm sure people will disagree with that, too. :lol

Offline Gorsty

I hope this is a sign of things to come.
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
The only thing I didn't really like at Genesis was Morgan/Hernandez winning the tag titles when TNA has a UK tour coming up. Surely having the titles on a team from the UK would have been better during the tour and they could have had Morgan/Hernandez winning the gold next month while 3D are seemingly tied up with the Nasty Boyz.

I'm also with you on the apparent heel turn by AJ, doesn't really make sense considering he's been the biggest face in the company since day one, even when he was a heel, people couldn't bring themselves to boo him.