Author Topic: Official: TNA BACK to Thursdays  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Gorsty

Official: TNA BACK to Thursdays
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;36473
not to meantion besides hearing on wrestling news sites and forums i haven't seen TNA advertise it.
They have apparently got a billboard in Times Square as well as Hogan advertising it on The Ultimate Fighter Finale last Saturday to an average audience of just under 4m viewers.

There is still a month for them to go on an advertising blitz. No doubt Hogan will be on radio stations and TV shows between now and then and get some plugs in there, and with Bischoff in there and his marketing background, TNA have the chance to really do something big now.

Offline Dale

« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
What's this im hearing about some college football thing being on aswell (I forgot the actual name) as a lot of people are saying that will hurt TNA's ratings too.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
Hogan has been quoted as saying that TNA's ratings will triple on January 4th.

... LOL.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
January 4th is the Fiesta Bowl between Boise State and Texas Christian University....thats one of the final college games of the year but neither team is a huge drawing power.  It might cause a small dent in the end.

As for Hogan recently saying that iMPACT will get a 3.0 rating...where does he see these viewers coming from?  TNA gets around a 1.4-1.5 currently and the WWE gets anywhere from 3.2-3.7 weekly.  As big as the IWC seems, not many wrestling fans keep track through the internet and will be aware of this TNA show.  Also, they would basically have to attract half of the Raw viewership to choose TNA for 3 hours over the WWE.  In my case, I'll probably flip over for a few moments, but definitely won't stick around for a long period of time.  I just can't see where an appearance of Hulk Hogan on TV will bring such a huge increase to their ratings.  I think a 2.1-2.3 or so should be a realistic goal and anything higher they should be thrilled with.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
i actually don't think the College football match will change anything. Don't forget it's also the first week that there's no Monday night football.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #20 on: 11 December 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
you guys are underestimating the power of college football. both TCU and Boise are undefeated and didn't get a chance to play in the national championship game, this will be the first time we have 2 unbeatens face each other in a bowl that isn't for a championship game. and i don't know about TCU but ESPN always puts Boise on there channel so you gotta think they can draw ratings with there explosive offense.

ehh i guess you would have to be a football fan to understand, which most guys at least in america are. and thats the audience TNA seems to be aiming at.

Hogan saying there ratings will triple is a joke. a 3.0 for TNA? psht that's ridiculous. i don't think hogan knows how these things work. as i said too much competition. and too hard to keep the ratings up on a 3 hour show.

Offline Dale

« Reply #21 on: 11 December 2009, 03:53:07 AM »
Unless they have some sort of huge surprise (which wouldn't really matter anyway because of it being live) I don't see why he would say something as egotistical as that. Surely when they rating fails to reach the 3.0 (presumably) then Hogan is going to look like a failure to an extent by not delivering on his promises. Surely aiming for a 2.0 would be a much more realistic target.

Also the only reason I mentioned the football was because of what Adam said as I was reading around and people reckoned because of the teams being undefeated or whatever then that could be another hinderance to the ratings of TNA.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #22 on: 11 December 2009, 04:44:58 AM »
Adam, I'm as big of a football fan as the next American, but despite TCU and Boise's records, I have very little interest in the game.  On the other hand, if either of these teams were facing Florida, Ohio St. or whoever else is in the BCS, I'd be totally interested.  These two aren't proving much since they aren't getting a true shot against an established school.  Both these schools did not get enough national attention for me to know who's really on these teams to care enough to watch more than part of the 2nd half.

On an interesting note, from what I've read on rajah.com, it seems as though John Cena is going to be the official coin tosser at the Fiesta Bowl so he's not even going to be at the 1/4/10 Raw.  I just find this whole scenario fun and adding life to pro wrestling because its been so long since the WWE had to actually plan something huge just to show their dominance.  Plus, I can't wait until Hogan does something that pisses off the TNA fanbase because you know its coming.

Offline Dale

« Reply #23 on: 18 December 2009, 04:56:07 AM »
Figured this would probably be the best place for it.

Not often you hear people especially from the WWE come outright and blast the 'competition.' Would love to know what Vince thought of it

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #24 on: 20 December 2009, 02:46:08 AM »
Jeremy Borash on The Fight Show - 12/18/2009

The host asked JB to finish the line: "The Nielsen rating for TNA Impact on 1/4/2010 will be...". JB said "an irrelevant fact". JB said because it's a one-night deal. The fact they are doing it is a victory. The number is not going to be something you can measure a "war" by any means. It's a one night special. They're not going to be on Mondays afterwards - they're going back to Thursdays. To him, the victory is not the number but the shot they fire and the attention they can potentially get.

JB says the trends do not always fit the case. They can have a great and better show, but does that mean more people are going to tune in? probably not. Is that going to be a disappointment? No.

JB feels they already won because people are already talking about the 1/4/2010 iMPACT!. JB says the war is what the fans want because it is the best time to be a part of the business. He says TNA and the business wants competition.

I think the fact that I'm even posting this shoudl tell you what I think about JB and what he said here...

There are also a couple other interviews with, among others, the Spike TV president, downplaying the rating for the 1/4 show. Clearly, after hearing that Vince might get Bret to go up against TNA, they're scrambling now and trying to make it seem like how they perform isn't a big deal.

It's like a team that goes to the Superbowl or the World Series but says they're just happy to be there and win or lose the game they've already won... it's silly.

Clearly they're not expecting any sort of ratings improvement.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #25 on: 20 December 2009, 06:03:11 AM »
it wouldn't be smart if they really thought the ratings would improve for the reasons i have gave already.

but obviously they do matter to some extent if anyone thinks they are going to beat the WWE then you're mental, but if they do manage to get a better rating or even keep the same on a new night and new time zone and 3 hour show then that could mean they would get a chance to move to monday nights. then if they moved to monday nights some people may not like what they are seeing on WWE then tune into TNA which is a very good thing for wrestling as a hwole IMO just for people to have an option.

say if Raw is doing a chavo skit and people don't like it they can see whats goin on with TNA. if TNA is doing a skit where jay lethal gets beat up by a washed up old fat guy then they can switch it to Raw. more enjoyment for wrestling on mondays and having wrestling fans to have choice is the real deal here...at last for me

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #26 on: 22 December 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have apparently been pushing for TNA to get rid of the 6 sided ring and return to a traditional 4 sided ring. It's being said that both Bischoff and Hogan are not fans of the 6 sided ring which is why they are lobbying for the change. As of this writing, TNA has not made a final decision on this issue.

The following is from ProWrestling.net:
Scott Hall is expected to appear at the January 4 TNA Impact live show for a reunion with Kevin Nash, according to multiple sources within the company. There are also rumors that Sean "X-Pac" Waltman will be joining them, but nothing is official regarding his TNA status.

I don't really care about the six sides ring as I don't see what it adds to a match other than looking different... but NWO/wolfpac reunion = fail.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 22 December 2009, 08:52:08 PM »
With Nash winning the tag team championship case last night in feast or fired i expect him to turn on world elite and regroup with hall and the outsiders win the tag team championships and go on to feud with beer money.

I don't care if they get rid of the 6 sided ring either, the only thing it might take away from is the ultimate X matches and maybe when they had those they could bring it back or something.

Sean walman coming back? well thats just horrible! no one likes him!

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #28 on: 22 December 2009, 08:54:38 PM »
I honestly hope that TNA do away with the 6-sided ring, it's always been nothing more than a gimmick.

I love Scott Hall, he's always been one of my favourite wrestlers; so I have no problem with him returning to the spotlight. (Besides, he'll probably just no show; anyway....)

Offline deadman

« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
i am in the uk when will tna show be on here