Author Topic: Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Axel

Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return
« Reply #30 on: 28 October 2009, 09:06:42 PM »
Ehh...I'm not too fond of Hogan with full control even if he denied it. We'll see what happens.

I love how people tend to forget that WCW became mainstream with Hogan, Flair, etc.  Hypocrisy rules Mayhem once again.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #31 on: 28 October 2009, 09:12:08 PM »
It's not hypocrisy when those guys had creative control in WCW and they were in their primes.  They only knew how to develop a storyline that put themselves on top.  If Hogan is able to make a compelling storyline without someone who is 45 years old or older looking invincible amongst fit 20-30 year olds, then more power to him.

And before you respond, I don't like Taker coming back every few months just to win the title or when Hogan had a one month reign in 2003 (which was just for nostalgia before Hogan was sent away).

Offline Axel

« Reply #32 on: 28 October 2009, 09:40:47 PM »
Again, don't jump to conclusions until you see reason too. Everyone needs a second chance in any situation and just because of the whole WCW situation doesn't mean TNA will end up the same way or be any worse. Learning from your mistakes is the entire purpose of life sometimes and everyone continues to miss that. It just goes to show the stupidity in the IWC.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #33 on: 29 October 2009, 03:16:31 AM »
Quote from: Axel;35717
Ehh...I'm not too fond of Hogan with full control even if he denied it. We'll see what happens.

I love how people tend to forget that WCW became mainstream with Hogan, Flair, etc.  Hypocrisy rules Mayhem once again.

WCW became mainstream with Hogan and Flair when they were in their early forties, now they're both in their late 50s... how is that a point that backs up your argument? :S

Quote from: Axel;35721
Again, don't jump to conclusions until you see reason too. Everyone needs a second chance in any situation and just because of the whole WCW situation doesn't mean TNA will end up the same way or be any worse. Learning from your mistakes is the entire purpose of life sometimes and everyone continues to miss that. It just goes to show the stupidity in the IWC.

THEY'RE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES WCW MADE!!!

Also, if WWE responds, this is what they need to do:

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

« Reply #34 on: 29 October 2009, 04:05:52 AM »
Because no matter how old they are they will continue to draw. Even if they don't wrestle people will still tune in to see them. Both men have a large fanbase, if you cannot understand that then you are beyond the peak of stupidity. If you watch Hogan's Press Conference you will see the type of new fans he brings to TNA.

You actually think people care how old Steve Austin or Dewayne Johnson get? All that matters is pulling off the same characters that made them memorable. Hogan to TNA brings a large fanbase and they can grow Internationally with his Hulkimania Tour and TNA's Australia Tour.

Several top TNA officials, including Dixie Carter and creative head Vince Russo had a meeting with SpikeTV officials in New York City to work on strategies going forward. It was something that had been planned well in advance of yesterday's announcement that Hulk Hogan was coming into the company as the two sides meet several times a year to go over different aspects of the synergy between TNA and Spike. For those interested, Jeff Jarrett was not present. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff were not there, nor were they scheduled to be as Hogan is in the middle of his media tour.

Numerous sources have noted that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are not taking over the creative reigns of the company,despite what has been claimed elsewhere. I am sure Hogan will have creative control over how he is used, but Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara, etc. are not being replaced.

Obviously, Hogan is going to have some influence.I am told he has suggestions of talents he'd like to see brought into the company but there are no wrestlers or personalities 100% set yet and no one that TNA is required to use as part of the Hogan-Bischoff deal.

In regard to rumors of TNA being moved to Mondays, there is nothing to that at this time, according to SpikeTV sources. TNA's production schedule is set through April of 2010 while house show tours are already booked through May. Spike wants to continue to build Impact as their destination show for Thursdays, one of the reasons the Saturday replay was eliminated a few weeks back.

Offline Dale

« Reply #35 on: 29 October 2009, 04:07:26 AM »
As has been reported, Spike TV is outright denying that there are plans to move TNA iMPACT! to Monday nights, as it remains strongly committed to using the TNA program as a Thursday tentpole. PWInsider.com additionally notes that there are no plans to turn iMPACT! into a live show.

Not moving iMPACT to face off against the WWE is a smart idea. Try focusing on demolishing ECW's rating or SmackDown's rating and not Raw. Also I wonder why they are so hesitant on not making it live?

Offline Axel

« Reply #36 on: 29 October 2009, 04:11:34 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;35732
As has been reported, Spike TV is outright denying that there are plans to move TNA iMPACT! to Monday nights, as it remains strongly committed to using the TNA program as a Thursday tentpole. PWInsider.com additionally notes that there are no plans to turn iMPACT! into a live show.
Not moving iMPACT to face off against the WWE is a smart idea. Try focusing on demolishing ECW's rating or SmackDown's rating and not Raw. Also I wonder why they are so hesitant on not making it live?
Because there is no way in hell they can stay on Thursdays and go live. The only way for them to go live is on a Monday or Tuesday.

Remember, It says "IMPACT" is not moving to Mondays. It doesn't say anything about the secondary show not moving to Mondays like it was reported numerous times.

Offline Dale

« Reply #37 on: 29 October 2009, 05:45:04 PM »
I just don't really see the point in making a second show, moving it so it possibly goes head to head against the #1 wrestling program. I don't really know nor care about what days are the best for iMPACT to go live, but getting the program live should be their main focus for know.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #38 on: 29 October 2009, 07:02:51 PM »
I have nothing to add considering I have given TNA several chances to reel me in as a fan, including live events, and they have failed each and every time.  It could be that I am growing out of wrestling or something but that product has always been the new WCW to me from nearly the first time I watched back in 2005-2006, even before they started cleaning up WWE's table scraps.

Adding Hogan and Bischoff made me laugh because that basically solidified them being the new WCW.  This move has pretty much guaranteed the fact that I may never give them another shot.  I honestly have grown to hate Hogan and everything about him so I could give two shits about how they use him and if he decides to wrestle.

The WWE is and will always be "The Big Leagues" and TNA will never de-throne them.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #39 on: 29 October 2009, 11:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;35735
I just don't really see the point in making a second show, moving it so it possibly goes head to head against the #1 wrestling program. I don't really know nor care about what days are the best for iMPACT to go live, but getting the program live should be their main focus for know.

Impact barely competes with Superstars, and they want to go up versus RAW. Rofl. They'll get eaten alive.

Also, I love how Axel posts a story that says "numerous sources" have confirmed that Bisch and Hogan won't be taking over creative, yet he doesn't post the source of the story. Hypocrisy at its best (or worst?). THat means nothing and its just as speculative as people saying that they will take over.

And ya, Hogan and Flair are proven draws, and TNA's going to get a big rating the night Hogan returns, live or taped, but can it last? It didn't last in WCW for either guy. And now they're a decade older. Once the euphoria of seeing Hogan wears off, so will the ratings.

Offline Axel

« Reply #40 on: 31 October 2009, 12:21:31 AM »
And you think celebrities will keep RAW steady forever?

The whole damn point of Hogan and Flair is to boost ratings and from that point guys like Angle, Styles, Morgan can draw ratings on their own. You all tend to forget Hogan, Flair and NWO boosted WCW and kept it there. The main problem was they didn't look to expand beyond the veterans. TNA can learn from that and do the right things that WCW didn't.

If you have a problem with it, then stay watching Cena vs. Triple H again.

The second weekly show is necessary but even if they don't win in ratings, it won't effect TNA since Impact would remain their flagship program. Do you really think UFC gets spectacular ratings on Mondays during RAW every week?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #41 on: 31 October 2009, 12:28:07 AM »
Your making out that it will be a fact that TNA will be bigger then WWE, and they won't have any faults or anything. I don't think Flair can draw massively, lets face it, the guy has been done to death. Hogan might, but I wouldn't say he will be massive. And you need to remember that TNA is still pretty small, I mean its competing with Superstars, WWE's 4th show, the D show.

Over time TNA might prove to be more of a force, right now, it isn't. Simple as that, and if they try to aim to big, they won't get anywhere.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #42 on: 31 October 2009, 03:06:46 PM »
Quote from: Axel;35745
And you think celebrities will keep RAW steady forever?

The whole damn point of Hogan and Flair is to boost ratings and from that point guys like Angle, Styles, Morgan can draw ratings on their own. You all tend to forget Hogan, Flair and NWO boosted WCW and kept it there. The main problem was they didn't look to expand beyond the veterans. TNA can learn from that and do the right things that WCW didn't.

If you have a problem with it, then stay watching Cena vs. Triple H again.

The second weekly show is necessary but even if they don't win in ratings, it won't effect TNA since Impact would remain their flagship program. Do you really think UFC gets spectacular ratings on Mondays during RAW every week?

What does this have to do with anything? :lol

If UFC shows anything during RAW, it's Unleashed, which is a repeat show of random fights from old cards, not comparable at all to a live show or a taped show with new content.

It's as if you're saying a bunch of random things, and hoping at least one of things ends up making sense :lol

Offline Dale

« Reply #43 on: 2 November 2009, 08:07:33 PM »
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- According to Dave Meltzer, one story going around is that Hulk Hogan won't make his debut in the iMPACT Zone until the first of 2010, when football season is over. TNA officials want to work on the build for Hogan's iMPACT debut in hopes of a huge rating.
Partial source: Prowrestling.net

- As noted before, this past Thursday's episode of TNA iMPACT scored a 1.3 cable rating. The show drew 1.7 million viewers, up from the 1.4 million from the week before. The video of Hulk Hogan signing with TNA was part of the lowest rated quarter-hour of the show. The final quarter-hour, which featured the Hogan video, drew a 1.18 rating. This was down from the 1.24 rating the show drew in the previous quarter-hour.
Really dont no what to make of holding off this debut. Presumably it's because of his Hulkamania tour but if they're not going to be running any new video promos on him, then presumably the numbers will dwindle back to what they are usually and then they will have to rebuild again come the turn of the year.

Hulk Hogan spoke to Minnesota's City Pages newspaper this week and made some interesting things to say about his relationship with Vince McMahon in the 1980s, how much power he'll have in TNA and what it meant to announce his partnership with TNA at Madison Square Garden. To read the whole interview, visit Citypages.com.

Hogan claims that Vince "didn't really understand the business" after buying the company from from his father, Vince McMahon, Sr. "I moved in next door to him in Connecticut and taught him all about lifting weights and riding motorcycles and partying like a mad man; and then I taught him about the wrestling business and making money," Hogan said. "And now I'm doing that again with TNA Wrestling."

Hogan also talked himself up as the savior for TNA. He said the company agreed that he could have a "Vince McMahon role" calling the shots for TNA. Hogan says he will be "unofficially" running the promotion and will have the same if not more influence than he had during his run in WCW.

"All I told these guys was that they should give me a chance. If they didn't like what I was doing they can tell me to take a hike, but let me have the chance to come in and take a shot at it," Hogan said. "Let the fans and the other wrestlers take a look and decide for themselves what they're in to and I'm confident that I will get this thing rockin'."

Hogan is already crediting himself with generating the most buzz for TNA in its history and explains the significance of announcing his partnership with TNA Wrestling at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

"The proof is already out there. In the course of a few days we've got more buzz going for TNA Wrestling then it's had in seven years. For example, no other wrestling organization had ever been able to get into Madison Square Garden in New York for like, 100 years, because Vince owns it and his family owned it before him. So I came in and was like, 'Watch this.; And we did a press conference at Madison Square Garden."

Saviour :lol Hogan calling all the shots :giggle

Offline squeaksjr

« Reply #44 on: 9 November 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
true this could be a big thing for tna but russo and hogan have bad history with russo of corse angery at hogans lack of profesionalisum in wcw and the fact russo pisses off most fans with his bad writing but the only ptrobl;em is dixie said that anyone who dissagrees with her will be fierd so no one can say this is a stupid idea

i just dont know, if hogan comes in and wrestles for the world title its gonna be pathetic because hes gonna try to bury them like he always does or he will make a deal to win one then lose one then only do one match liek he did with hbk and we will get all hell again
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town