Author Topic: Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return  (Read 1646 times)

Offline narcolepsy

Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return
« Reply #15 on: 28 October 2009, 03:52:16 AM »
Why has TNA turned full fledged into WCW over the course of 24 hours??

Sign old, albeit popular talent that WWE doesn't want? Check
Creative turmoil? Check
Talent has too much control (Nash suspended today)? Check
Bischoff and Russo in the same backstage? Check
Lower card more entertaining than Upper card? Check
Monday 8-10 P.M. timeslot ala Nitro? Check

Please do something original TNA!!! We've seen how this ends in the past...

But I never watch TNA anyway so, of course, what do I know?
/sarcasm

Offline Axel

« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2009, 04:03:48 AM »
Quote from: narcolepsy;35685
Why has TNA turned full fledged into WCW over the course of 24 hours??

Sign old, albeit popular talent that WWE doesn't want? Check
Creative turmoil? Check
Talent has too much control (Nash suspended today)? Check
Bischoff and Russo in the same backstage? Check
Lower card more entertaining than Upper card? Check
Monday 8-10 P.M. timeslot ala Nitro? Check

Please do something original TNA!!! We've seen how this ends in the past...

But I never watch TNA anyway so, of course, what do I know?
/sarcasm

That makes no sense. Nash got suspended for blasting Team 3D for injuring Sabin and continuing the match.  He actually got on the mic and bashed them which was not planned or a kayfabe.

I have not read anything on creative turmoil. Russo maybe being out of a job? I have read that.

This is not the past. This is what TNA needs to do if they want to get bigger, like it or not.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2009, 04:12:01 AM »
The rise and fall of Total Nonstop Action wrestling.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

« Reply #18 on: 28 October 2009, 04:16:12 AM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;35692
The rise and fall of World Wrestling Entertainment.

It's already fallen if anyone witnessed Bragging Rights.

Offline Dale

« Reply #19 on: 28 October 2009, 04:16:57 AM »
This is a big acquisition for TNA. Sure it's going to boost ratings temporarily but whether it reaches a big number and stays that high we will obviously have to see. This could be a sink or swim situation and it's one of those questions where you may not get the answer you want. This is their last roll of the dice to actually be competition towards the WWE because if Hogan can't draw them ratings then none of the other guys on the roster are ever going to do it either.

Whatever happens they are going to need the people at the very top of the company to be extremely strong in their beliefs because you know Hogan is going to try and use his power to get what HE wants, whether that be having himself put in championship matches, the booking team or hiring and firing people and not what's actually good for the company.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2009, 04:17:26 AM »
How about Foley and Sting changing the finishes to their matches over the last few weeks/months?  I remember Foley refusing to job not too long ago and it ended up being a giant botch that they had to re-tape because the crowd didn't react.  I also think the powers that be backstage panicked during Sting's promo at the end of BFG due to some of the things he was going to say.

I honestly believe if TNA is going to have any shot, they need to keep their shows away from WWE timeslots and become live.  Live shows are key, its the same reason I have little interest in Smackdown, because there are less spoilers and gives the viewer an incentive to watch every week rather than skimming the spoilers online and deciding if theres something they actually want to see.  Also, I think TNA's viewership is in the prime age range that would just go online and find archived video of impact or a ppv rather than watch on TV at the set time of 9pm on Thursdays.

EDIT: You can't bash WWE's current product after they have one of their highest ratings of the last six months, which is more than double TNA's highest rating.  Just because you aren't interested and believe there's something wrong with it does not mean the show is awful.  It seems that there are far more people that think the WWE model is more entertaining than TNA's.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2009, 04:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Axel;35693

lmao. You mean the great PPV with an iron man match that deserved its billing and a serviceable undercard?

So the upstart company that barely cracks 1 in the ratings with a card filled with former WWE talent is going to destroy WWE?

You're a complete joke.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2009, 04:48:42 AM »
Five thing TNA needs to do to succeed on Monday's..

1. Live TV.... People will just read the spoilers if there not live.

2. Good booking... None of this stupid shit. With all these people coming in it looks alot like the fall of WCW. Go look at the EPIC FAIL FILES: WCW... A lot of that happened with most of these guys who are now in TNA! Dixie better keep people like Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair under control otherwise we will be reading EPIC FAIL FILES: TNA.

3. Dixie's power..... She need to rule with an iron fist. There are about to be a ton of egos around who think they will be running the show. Like I said, if these guys do get free regein we will see EPIC FAIL FILES: TNA... Dixie needs to really keep Hogan from politicking. He will and with Bischoff behind him and possibly booking that will happen.

4. Yes Men..... She need to organize a booking committee that won't be a bunch of YES MEN for Bischoff iff he indeed does book. We all know if it is then Bischoff will bring people like Hogan and Nash on... It will then get really, really ugly.

5. Find a Niche.... During the Monday Night Wars WCW found a niche that people loved.... The Crusierweight Division. It produced a lot of stars we see today. So here is what TNA need to do.... PUSH THE X-DIVISION! lI remember when TNA first came on Spike and I saw the X-Division I was hooked! Screw seeing all there heavyweight that were washed up. The X-Division was the real deal! It was shit like I have never seen before... If TNA wants to succeed on Mondays they need to push this again. It is something WWE doesn't have and might get them to change the channel.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2009, 06:12:30 AM »
Quote from: Cannon;35699

2. Good booking... None of this stupid shit. With all these people coming in it looks alot like the fall of WCW. Go look at the EPIC FAIL FILES: WCW... A lot of that happened with most of these guys who are now in TNA! Dixie better keep people like Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair under control otherwise we will be reading EPIC FAIL FILES: TNA.

3. Dixie's power..... She need to rule with an iron fist. There are about to be a ton of egos around who think they will be running the show. Like I said, if these guys do get free regein we will see EPIC FAIL FILES: TNA... Dixie needs to really keep Hogan from politicking. He will and with Bischoff behind him and possibly booking that will happen.

4. Yes Men..... She need to organize a booking committee that won't be a bunch of YES MEN for Bischoff iff he indeed does book. We all know if it is then Bischoff will bring people like Hogan and Nash on... It will then get really, really ugly.

5. Find a Niche.... During the Monday Night Wars WCW found a niche that people loved.... The Crusierweight Division. It produced a lot of stars we see today. So here is what TNA need to do.... PUSH THE X-DIVISION! lI remember when TNA first came on Spike and I saw the X-Division I was hooked! Screw seeing all there heavyweight that were washed up. The X-Division was the real deal! It was shit like I have never seen before... If TNA wants to succeed on Mondays they need to push this again. It is something WWE doesn't have and might get them to change the channel.

this right here is what i completely agree with
main thing for me is i think like cannon said Dixie needs to rule with a iron fist and not let poloticing rule anything. if someone refuses to job then you suspend them without pay or fire there ass even.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #24 on: 28 October 2009, 08:45:05 AM »

How does this equate to the rise and fall of WWE?

TNA have just signed liabilities, who can turn the company around, but can also fuck the company up. WWE doesn't really have this, it's been stable for years.

TNA are relying on old people once again, and has it worked for them yet? Nope.

I actually agree, TNA need a niche of some kind. All it does is follow in WWE's footsteps rather then offering something new for people to follow.

The thing that gives WWE the upper hand is the structure of the business. It still has politics, but I don't think it's as bad as what TNA is turning into. This is where TNA needs to keep on top of things, because it will probably eventually lead to an implosion of the business.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #25 on: 28 October 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
I totally agree with Cannon, that's what they need to do. The question is, can they accomplish those things?

Offline Axel

« Reply #26 on: 28 October 2009, 02:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Cannon;35699

Considering they move to Mondays and they tape on Mondays and Tuesdays. Live is the only way to go.

Didn't she already do that?

Yeah, I agree there. She has already openly stated that Vince Russo's job is still on thin ice. He could get fired anytime she wants.

The X-Division will continue to get pushed. If they do move the new secondary wrestling show on Mondays, chances are it will be based on The X-Division. Either way, one brand will be based off their veteran power like Nitro and the other brand would focus on newer stars like Hernandez and Pope.
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;35698

lmao. You mean the great PPV with an iron man match that deserved its billing and a serviceable undercard?

So the upstart company that barely cracks 1 in the ratings with a card filled with former WWE talent is going to destroy WWE?

You're a complete joke.

Your a joke to even watch anything WWE related. TNA doesn't have to destroy WWE since WWE is doing a fine job at that already.

The only thing keeping me watching is Kofi Johnson and CW Punk.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
Adding to what I said lets call this step 5.1

Risque..... Where as WWE is more marketed toward kids TNA needs to be a little more risque. There on Spike TV. They can afford to do this. Market TNA more toward adults! This would go a long way in my opinion. I know if I found out TNA was a little more risque and did  things WWE didn't I would check it out and I think a lot of other people would too. I mean after all, the Attitude Era is what put WWE over the WCW and this is what could put TNA in the right direction and able to steal viewers.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #28 on: 28 October 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
Quote from: Axel;35705

Your a joke to even watch anything WWE related. TNA doesn't have to destroy WWE since WWE is doing a fine job at that already.

The only thing keeping me watching is Kofi Johnson and CW Punk.

''Your a joke to even watch anything WWE related.''

''The only thing keeping me watching''

I think you've out-dumbed yourself again.

And ya, WWE's going down the toilet with their improving ratings 8-)

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #29 on: 28 October 2009, 08:17:31 PM »
Quote from: wrestlezone.com
                                                                                                                              I spoke to a source within TNA this morning that has exclusively informed WrestleZone that Hulk Hogan is in complete creative control of TNA at the moment. His reach in the company even goes beyond Dixie Carter, and at this point the only person Hogan is answering to is Carter's father.

The future of employees such as Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara and others within management have yet to be determined. At this point, they will remain with the company on a trial basis depending on how well they work with Hogan.

Additionally, it's being said that when Vince McMahon heard the news that Hogan had announced his signing with TNA during a press conference at Madison Square Garden, he apparently became furious as he considers MSG to be "his building." It wouldn't surprise most people to see Vince take some kind of action in retaliation to Hogan's signing as he is apparently very angry with the situation.

So much for Dixie ruling with an iron fist...

If I was Vince, I would just ignore this situation.  There's no reason to give them any publicity whether its positive or negative.  WWE knows that they are the established brand and are on another level and shouldn't even react.