Author Topic: Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return  (Read 1641 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Hogan, Flair & Bischoff to TNA - Monday Night Wars Return
« on: 27 October 2009, 07:23:27 PM »

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
Hogan is such a non-factor to me and most of the generation that was captivated by him are probably too old to care at this point.  Hogan showing up is fun for nostalgia, but all his history is with WWE and WCW (which the WWE has rights to).  At this point Hogan will have a hard time leaving a mark other than as a figurehead/manager type role.  10 years ago this would be huge news if WCW folded and Hogan snubbed the WWE for TNA but the only reason he's headed to TNA is because the WWE refuses to either pay his price or give him a main event spot to earn back all the money his divorce cost him.

I think the Bischoff signing is bigger than Hogan because Bischoff knows how to be that McMahon-esque heel and can give iMPACT some direction and leadership.

Offline Axel

« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2009, 11:37:20 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;35656

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
Quote from: Axel;35660

Your so funny. You see what you want to see, please tell me where it says he's actually wrestling? It clearly states this partnership will create more TV Programming, Wrestling shows, etc.

Are you seriously that dumb? The "partnership to create more TV Programming" is with Bischoff and his company... why would they pay Hogan a bunch of money for him not to wrestle?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
First of all this is without question huge for TNA. I think i read they were the most talked about subject on Twitter and Tonight Hogan will be on Larry King Live.

My initial reaction was this fucking sucks.
I was just starting to really get into TNA, they started pushing younger guys and it seemed like there matches were getting better and we had Aj beat Sting and Nigel coming in. EY winning the legends title and the guns getting the tag title shot.

and now hogan will come in TNA and be a political bastard and probably take the TNA Title from AJ or have Angle beat Aj then Hogan take it from Angle.

and i still believe that and i think the product will probably go down but at the same time my mind went into prax mode. which is where you gotta think about the busness aspect and 1 thing turned my mind around on this and that was that TNA had also signed Eric Bichoff. TNA has been pretty awfule at promoting TNA and i always found bichoff to be a good promotor in the sense of finding ways to get people to watch and be more interested. so i think if bochoff can be in charge of that aspect it could do wonders for TNA.

Some more Pros here
Ratings SHOULD go up its not a lock but i think if they get anything lower than there highest rating ever it will be a let down.
and although i don't really want to see the matches from an in ring point of view we could see Angle vs Hogan Again.Hogan vs Sting again. Maybe Hogan vs Foley. and although i think he would squash them Hogan could face off against the younger guys like EY,AJ,Joe, and maybe Nigel. and even if they lost to him you gotta think if this does bring more viwers into TNA as long as they have a program with him it could rise there stock so to speak.

another thing i have heard this could mean Flair could also come into TNA since he is working with the Hulkamania tour. so maybe we will see that final match with Flair vs Hogan for both guys last match. and all the things i said above about hogan vs people we could get flair vs those guys too and i think it would do the same for them.

so here is what it comes down to. this could either be a really bad thing for TNA all around a really good thing for TNA in terms of popularity but one thing i can say is it will probably not be a good thing in temrs of the in ring product  and probably show as a whole.

Offline Axel

« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2009, 12:18:28 AM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;35662

Your so funny. You see what you want to see, please tell me where it says he's actually wrestling? It clearly states this partnership will create more TV Programming, Wrestling shows, etc.

Are you seriously that dumb? The "partnership to create more TV Programming" is with Bischoff and his company... why would they pay Hogan a bunch of money for him not to wrestle?
Do you realize that Hogan and TNA rumors have been going on months now about him joing the creative and booking? He may not wrestle only at a big event like Slammiversary or BFG.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2009, 12:39:43 AM »
I don't think Hogan could even wrestle a 'regular' schedule that required him to enter the ring once a month at PPVs.  His knees are in awful shape and he's already had hip replacement surgery.  At best I see him wrestling once every 2-3 months.  Hogan's signing will be just like Angle's 2 years ago.  There was initial shock and a ratings spike, but in the end it will all even out and TNA will be back in the same place it was before the signing.  Hogan won't have that much of a long term effect anyway because he is getting well up there in age and even a match every 2-3 months will be a difficult task for him.  Also, with Hogan entering TNA there aren't many 'dream' scenarios that are coming true as Hogan has already worked with most of these guys in WCW during the 90s or the WWE earlier this decade.  I doubt Hogan will take a Muscle Buster either...

Like I said earlier, the most important part of this announcement today is whatever influence Eric Bischoff brings to TNA behind the scenes.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2009, 12:52:37 AM »
Hogan is Hogan... He'll boast rating a little, but a lot of people who were fans of him have either quit watching wrestling, or don't want to see the same old Hogan stuff. Then you have a ton of people out there who hate Hogan. I will tune in out of curiosity. He is part of my childhood and one of the reasons I became a fan. Now will I return week in and week out to see the exploits of Hogan? I can't answer that.... But it is doubtful I will.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Axel

Ric Flair to TNA?
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
Source: wrestlingobserver/Pwinsider
According to a source, there are more big things to come in TNA. According to reports, there is a bigger story on the way besides the Hogan-Bischoff deal. There have definitely been talks with Ric Flair and there was also talk of moving to Monday night head to head vs. RAW. There is also expected to be more TNA television as well with all of this.

They only planned to announce Hogan and Bischoff today but sources have told me there is lots more coming. Big changes and big stars coming in.

Vince Russo is still employed at this time and everyone says they will be working together. As soon as a problem arises though, things could hit the fan.
I will mark so hard. If he actually signs.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2009, 01:05:02 AM »
Quote from: Axel;35664
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;35662

Do you realize that Hogan and TNA rumors have been going on months now about him joing the creative and booking? He may not wrestle only at a big event like Slammiversary or BFG.

He's going to wrestle, and probably take the title. If you think otherwise you're just being confrontational. TNA's not going to pay Hogan big money to work behind the scenes, and Hogan's going to want to wrestle. You really are dumb if you think that he won't let his ego lead him back to the ring and into TNA's main event.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2009, 01:05:38 AM »
Ya, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Vince Russo are going to work together.

Hey, remember what killed WCW? Cause I do! And most of the people who were there when it died are in TNA now :)

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2009, 01:14:42 AM »
My only question is this... Nick Hogan is training to wrestle right? Well we can pencil him in for the X-Division title in about 5 months.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Axel

« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2009, 01:36:57 AM »
Hey guess what? This isn't WCW. TNA is run by a woman who put the founder out of a job. She obviously knows what the fuck shes doing. Last time I checked Bischoff ran the company when he's working under a boss just like his past relationship with WWE.

More Info:

According to sources, Ric Flair could be headed to TNA Wrestling some time in the future, as part of the Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff deal.
  Apparently Flair signed a long-term contract (rumored to be a three-year deal) when he signed on for the "Hulkamania Tour" in Australia. The deal states thatFlair is essentially tied in with Hogan in any projects he would take on (reality show, etc).
  Whether or not Flair will come to TNA with Hogan and Bischoff is no guarantee at this point, but according to reports, seems likely. Flair had never wanted to cross that line in the past with Vince McMahon, but all indications are that Flair will eventually end up in TNA alongside Hogan, as the two will be headlining all the major shows on the Hulkamania tour against each other.
  Another quick note. While details are very sketchy still, we're told that there are a number of major stories still to come. As one source put it, Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA is merely the tip of the iceberg. Apparently there are some announcements to follow (that are purposely being held off as to layer the big news across a little span of time as opposed to dumping it all out at once) that are as big, if not bigger, than Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA.

There is speculation that Vince Russo will be released from the company, with one source noting his future was "to be determined."Hulk Hogan and Bischoff are not fans of Russo and have stated in the past that they would not work with him. Bischoff has been critical of TNA's creative direction and stated earlier this year in an interview with The Sun that neither him nor Hogan were interested in joining TNA.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2009, 02:14:02 AM »
Vince Russo booking.
Bischoff involved in booking/media.
Hogan will politick himself into the main event and into the creative team.

Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
Sting (for a while)
Booker T (until just a couple of weeks ago)

Add in Ric Flair...

Add in some other main event egos like Foley and Angle...

It's WCW circa 2000, just ready implode.

Offline Axel

MONDAY NIGHT WARS WILL RETURN!
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2009, 03:46:27 AM »
According to WrestleZone.com's own Mark Madden, TNA will be adding a second weekly show to their television schedule. When, you ask? Monday nights from 8:00-10:00PM ET head-to-head with WWE's RAW.

While the time frame of when this will happen isn't confirmed, we can report exclusively that a second show on Monday's from 8-10PM ET is in the plans right now.

We should have more on this breaking story soon. Keep checking back to the site for more information.                      
It has begun people!