Author Topic: Top Star Not High On Re-signing With TNA  (Read 918 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2009, 01:42:17 AM »
Merged with the other 2 booker T threads...

And ya, Booker always played second fiddle in MEM regardless of how many mid card titles they gave him. not sure if it tarnished his legacy though, I would bet King Booker did a pretty good job at tarnishing his legacy.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #16 on: 21 October 2009, 01:46:32 AM »
Well he got a World title run out of it. He was the center of attention but he acted like a dumbass with the gimmick which was funny.

I don't see how TNA tarnished his legacy, they treated him like royalty. His attitude got him sent out of the company.

The only people who get the bad end of this whole situation is the Knockouts since Sharmell was considered a mentor to them backstage.

Offline Dale

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #17 on: 21 October 2009, 02:14:01 AM »
A recently released employee with bitter words towards their former employers? Who would of thought it 8-)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #18 on: 21 October 2009, 02:20:08 AM »
I always like him better in the wwe no matter what gimmick he had. never liked him in wcw or tna.im glad hes gone though he never was a big draw for tna and wasn't too special in anyway tna has better talent that will be happy to move up the ladder.

Offline Axel

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #19 on: 21 October 2009, 04:33:42 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;35520
A recently released employee with bitter words towards their former employers? Who would of thought it 8-)
He's still under contract with TNA.

Offline Dale

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #20 on: 21 October 2009, 04:54:13 PM »
Well that hardly makes a difference does it. He's still on his way out within the next month.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #21 on: 21 October 2009, 04:54:40 PM »
Quote from: Axel;35518
Well he got a World title run out of it. He was the center of attention but he acted like a dumbass with the gimmick which was funny.

I don't see how TNA tarnished his legacy, they treated him like royalty. His attitude got him sent out of the company.

The only people who get the bad end of this whole situation is the Knockouts since Sharmell was considered a mentor to them backstage.

I'm guessing the pun wasn't intended? :lol

But ya, either way I could care less if he comes back to WWE or not.

Offline Dale

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2009, 01:37:56 AM »
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As I reported a few weeks ago, Booker T is believed to be finished with TNA after his current deal expires next month and he's not expected to work any more matches. Sources say Booker was unhappy with the contract offer TNA made him and that unhappiness is what led to issues between him and TNA in recent weeks.

Sources close to Booker now indicate that he plans to take some time off from wrestling and isn't looking to return to WWE right away. Word is that Booker may make some international appearances if the money is right but he plans on just taking some time off for himself and working on his PWA promotion in Texas.

I don't get why they are keeping him around for another month? Pretty sure it would make the most sense for both parties to sever the ties between each other asap even if his contract does officially run out in only a months time.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #23 on: 23 October 2009, 02:41:05 AM »
I hope he just rides off into the sunset... Maybe go to Japan and make some good money. Other then that I think Booker T has run his course in mainstream pro wrestling.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #24 on: 23 October 2009, 05:12:46 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;35559
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As I reported a few weeks ago, Booker T is believed to be finished with TNA after his current deal expires next month and he's not expected to work any more matches. Sources say Booker was unhappy with the contract offer TNA made him and that unhappiness is what led to issues between him and TNA in recent weeks.

Sources close to Booker now indicate that he plans to take some time off from wrestling and isn't looking to return to WWE right away. Word is that Booker may make some international appearances if the money is right but he plans on just taking some time off for himself and working on his PWA promotion in Texas.

I don't get why they are keeping him around for another month? Pretty sure it would make the most sense for both parties to sever the ties between each other asap even if his contract does officially run out in only a months time.

Well it depends on how much it costs them... a lot of these contracts have downside agreements that pay the wrestler a hefty severance package if they get released. Obviously it's different for a small company like TNA, versus like, WWE, but I would imagine TNA has LESS negotiating power signing superstars, since it's clear that usually they need the wrestlers more than the wrestlers need them

For all we know Booker could have negotiated that he'll still receive the full sum of his remaining contract or even more than that if he gets released.

So for starters there could be financial reasons behind it...

secondly, burying him on TV and then not using him for a month keeps him out of the headlines. WWE does this to talent all the time. They have the added benefit of no-compete clauses but you'll often see talent unused or buried on TV before their contract expires so that they basically go onto the market with the least amount of value possible.

By doing this to Booker T, he stays out of the headlines for a month and people forget about what's going on with him (see: Anderson, Ken), and it prevents him from mouthing off in public interviews about TNA.

So it makes sense from several perspectives.

Offline Axel

Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2009, 05:36:26 PM »
He'll be back in WWE by early 2010. I count on it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Booker T done with TNA
« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2009, 03:19:12 AM »
Quote from: Axel;35597
He'll be back in WWE by early 2010. I count on it.

I could actually see him coming in for some retirement storyline... work the rumble in a return followed by one of the Chamber matches at NWO followed by a mic card match at Mania to end things.