Author Topic: Vince vs JR?  (Read 626 times)

Offline Rated Punishment

Vince vs JR?
« on: 26 June 2008, 07:30:02 AM »
After watching last night's WWE Draft/Annual "Kill Vince" show, the most shocking draftee wasn't Triple H, Kane or anyone in tights. No, it was Jim Ross, who was drafted to SmackDown and no draftee has looked less thrilled since Eli Manning got picked by San Diego.

Why trade announcers? Vince has told fans for years that the announcers don't matter (don't call matches, ask moronic questions, look stupid, be a boob) so how can trading JR for Michael Cole help either show? It can't... this was personal.

Why was it personal? Why does Vince torture JR? After all, only one announcer has been so humiliated, beaten up and embarassed in his career. Everything has been a big rib on JR all of these years. It's sad really. But the reason why? A few reasons, I believe.

This is pretty funny, especially since a man who has apparently got some dignity continues to take all of waht Vince throws at him with a grain of salt, come one the man obviously has no self respect or dignity otherwise WWE would have to find another announcer.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2008, 11:25:52 AM »
According to Jim Ross, he was told that his presence was going to be needed when SmackDown goes onto the MyNetworkTV thing. So I'm guessing whatever to do with Vince & JR regarding on-screen matters, Vince still considers JR a big part of WWE off-screen.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

Vince vs JR?
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
I think the complete opposite. I think keeping it a secret from him that he was being traded was abit of a joke amoungst friends which I'm sure JR realised once he's had time to mull it over. JR has been around a while and has been through a lot, and from what I can see Vince has supported him.
Basically putting JR and Foley together for the new venture is a masterstroke, despite the fact I wish he hadn't moved.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2008, 08:55:47 PM »
Good lord. People act like sending JR to Smackdown is like taking his life away. Most anyone would kill for that spot and JR just needs to step down and shut up and do his job! seriously. how bad do you want to make smackdown look if you're that pissed at working there?

Offline The Miz

Vince vs JR?
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
I am sure this wasen't a personal thing, or like Mrs HBK said.. it could of been a friendly joke. It's all scripted, and there is a 90% chance that JR was supposed to look shocked.

Offline Rated Punishment

Vince vs JR?
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2008, 01:19:26 AM »
I realise that Mick Foley and Jim Ross might be good but what about the losers in the equasion Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler, without Ross Lawler will chances are will be spotted as being a lazy commenator, not calling moves and just talking about puppies.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2008, 01:31:58 AM »
Vince and Jr argue... No surprise there what so ever. Vince has fired JR twice in his career and these two will continue to fight. They view how things are done in the business diffrently... Plus can you blame JR? He has been on RAW for years! The name Jim Ross is synanomous with RAW... Plus going from RAW to SD is more work... But doing SD he has to go to Greenwich and do voiceovers and stuff like that. Whereas after RAW he goes home for 5 or 6 days.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2008, 06:40:17 AM »
Next time, please source that as Kevin Kelly's opinion...

I think that fact should answer any questions about the legitimacy of the rumor or opinion or whatever.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2008, 09:18:31 PM »
CREDIT: THESUN.CO.UK

Paul Heyman chimed in on Jim Ross being drafted to Smackdown during a UK Sun blog on Friday. "No one is talking about Who Tried To Kill Mr McMahon (yet). But they're sure talking about JR going to Smackdown. And that's exactly what Vince McMahon wants. He wants you talking about something. Anything, damnit. Just talk about WWE."

Heyman added that he's surprised that Ross was so surprised by the move. "He knows Vince as well as anyone, besides Stephanie, Shane and Kevin Dunn... What clues did Good Ol' JR miss? Was it the way Vince dogs him on the plane and would encourage Triple H to join in on the fray? Was it the way Vince has, on multiple occasions, demonstrated the desire to send him out to pasture?

"Psssst... when they try to replace you three or four times, they don't all of a sudden change their mind and say: 'Hey! He's our type now! We want him long term!' Maybe I'm surprised that JR was surprised because I personally wouldn't have stayed if I was propped in a hospital bed with part of my colon in a medical waste container awaiting word on cancer and watching my boss do a 12 minute skit about pulling my head out of my arse."

I usually don't agree with Heyman but he has a point. JR's taken WAY too much shit from Vince over the years.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
Indeed. Paul Heyman is spot on there. I wonder what Vince or JR will have to say about all this talk of Vince having something against the announcing legend?

Offline Rated Punishment

Vince vs JR?
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2008, 03:45:34 AM »
I'll label them as Rumor first bforehand before I find it confirmed or something like that next time.

But Ross should really have looked like his life is over how can you hate going to smackdown when you are trying to elevate all brads equally how does that make Smackdown look.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact

Offline Zuccini

Vince vs JR?
« Reply #11 on: 3 July 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
i agrree with you. It is wierd and slack i might add aswell.
JR and Jim Ross have been the raw commentators for as long as ive known and i always thought they made a great team. Why change him? I dont know. It IS personal. Good luck to J.R.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Vince vs JR?
« Reply #12 on: 5 July 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
I've got to say, SmackDown feels so much like Raw when you have JR as Commentator. I still haven't adapted to the change. If it wasn't for the set and superstars there that are obviously from SD it'd be a lot like Raw cause that's what he makes it to be.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet