Author Topic: CM Punk getting a bodyguard....  (Read 1228 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
CM Punk getting a bodyguard....
« Reply #45 on: 2 December 2009, 03:43:32 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;36283
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;36272
Quote from: Adampro123;36247
Hmm it didn't come off too well with me. i hated what luke or festus was wearing and didn't really by into the explanation enough. would have been different if they said they made him take meds and thats what messed him up instead of it being drugs and what not.

to be honest i would rather Bam Neely come back and do the job or bring in vance archer from ECW to do it.

He was just wearing basically normal clothes...

ANd I don't understand, you're saying they should have said that they made him take meds, not drugs? Meds are drugs...

Festus makes total sense, he has the prior gimmick that's been set up, and for once WWE is using the past, and not forgetting it. Festus was on meds, or drugs, or whatever you want to call it, and now he isn't and he can see clearly, just like Punk.

He has a good look, imo, and from what I remember of him he's a great big man worker in the ring. He fits the role perfectly and totally deserves a shot.

What i meant was it made it sound more like he was taking drugs on his own. what i would have liked was if they said that he was on medication and was always doped up on that. because when i look back i don't see festus as a drugy he seemed like someone who was doped up on some pills.

Still it doesn't really explain the ring bell thing, but whatever.

and if thats supposed to be normal clothes then he seriously needs to come out of the 90's and stop looking so dated :lol

That's the thing though, why do they need to explain every little detail in one promo? I'm sure if they're serious about Luke Gallows we'll learn more about him in the coming weeks and even months. For now, I like that it's more mysterious.

And I still don't think you get that there really isn't a difference between meds and drugs. One is prescription drugs, the other is recreational or illegal drugs, but he could have meant either in the promo.... so for that I think you're reading a little too much into it.

The Bell thing can be easily explained using Pavlovian theory, but I don't think I need to get into that and neither does WWE to explain it...

Finally the clothes is nitpicking to the max. It's almost like you're trying very hard NOT to like him.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #46 on: 2 December 2009, 05:22:33 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;36287
Quote from: Adampro123;36283
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;36272
Quote from: Adampro123;36247
Hmm it didn't come off too well with me. i hated what luke or festus was wearing and didn't really by into the explanation enough. would have been different if they said they made him take meds and thats what messed him up instead of it being drugs and what not.

to be honest i would rather Bam Neely come back and do the job or bring in vance archer from ECW to do it.

He was just wearing basically normal clothes...

ANd I don't understand, you're saying they should have said that they made him take meds, not drugs? Meds are drugs...

Festus makes total sense, he has the prior gimmick that's been set up, and for once WWE is using the past, and not forgetting it. Festus was on meds, or drugs, or whatever you want to call it, and now he isn't and he can see clearly, just like Punk.

He has a good look, imo, and from what I remember of him he's a great big man worker in the ring. He fits the role perfectly and totally deserves a shot.

What i meant was it made it sound more like he was taking drugs on his own. what i would have liked was if they said that he was on medication and was always doped up on that. because when i look back i don't see festus as a drugy he seemed like someone who was doped up on some pills.

Still it doesn't really explain the ring bell thing, but whatever.

and if thats supposed to be normal clothes then he seriously needs to come out of the 90's and stop looking so dated :lol

That's the thing though, why do they need to explain every little detail in one promo? I'm sure if they're serious about Luke Gallows we'll learn more about him in the coming weeks and even months. For now, I like that it's more mysterious.

And I still don't think you get that there really isn't a difference between meds and drugs. One is prescription drugs, the other is recreational or illegal drugs, but he could have meant either in the promo.... so for that I think you're reading a little too much into it.

The Bell thing can be easily explained using Pavlovian theory, but I don't think I need to get into that and neither does WWE to explain it...

Finally the clothes is nitpicking to the max. It's almost like you're trying very hard NOT to like him.

not trying to like him? umm did you see me brush off the bell thing? something i could have griped about but just threw that out there in hopes someone could make sense of it.

if that explanation from the WWE or punk or whatever is good enough for you then thats great for you..But its not for me, well not thats its not good enough but like i said iw ould have preferred a different one. with us being 2 different people we obviously aren't going to be the same it doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right.i guess im just harder to please when it comes to this specific story.

clothes thing is not nitpicky in my opinion, someone looks is pretty important in WWE. as a matter of fact 2 other people that i know in real life were even saying something about it. before i even said what i was thinking to them. but i guess we are just all 3 nitpicky even a casual fan and a semi casual fan.

and once again it seemed to me that punk was referring to festus being on a street drug like crack or cristal meth or whatever, rather than being on medication from doctors like ridalin (sp?) or something that would get you to act like your brain dead which is what festus acted like.

it seems like everytime i explain my self your ignore what i explain. so i guess i'll just try to post what i would have liked to hear.

CM Punk:
Festus back in the day was all doped up on pills, he had rage issues. so his family put him on this medication so that's why he always looked brain dead. but now that i got him off the medication he's free...but there is still one problem and that's his rage/anger issues and he's going to take them out on the rest of the WWE locker room.

see that would have been what i wanted to hear, that's all im really saying. I would have rather heard that explination, it's really no big deal i was just giving my opinions on the matter.

so for the record, I Like Festus, Never had any problem with him and hpe he does well in his career i just wish the WWE would have given a different explanation (similar to the one i posted) and a better ring attire, which im not saying they won't do this was all just my first impressions.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #47 on: 2 December 2009, 08:31:35 PM »
It seems like you're getting pretty defensive. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, all I'm saying is that if you give it a chance, they might give you more insight into Festus' new past, into how he got into the world of drugs (or meds, if you want to label them differently), and maybe you'll like it.

Punk comes out every week and preaches not only about recreational drugs, but prescription drugs. Maybe I missed something in my comprehension of the promo, and I'll try to watch it again and get back to you on this, but the first time I heard it I had no problem associating Festus' old problems to medication, versus specifically recreational drugs.

Punk gets promo time almost every week, so I'm sure we'll hear more about it, so that's all I'm saying, give it a chance. I'm not trying to put down your opinion, this is a discussion forum, and we're discussing something. And it seems to me like you're nitpicking about a few things concerning his debut so that you don't have to like it. Sure, look is important, but he was wearing camo pants and a tank top, it's not like he came to ring dressed in bell bottoms and a pirate shirt.... He has the physical look, and his clothes were good enough to be put over as a badass or a bodyguard IMO.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #48 on: 2 December 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Sorry if i came off defensive or anything like that i haven't got much sleep lately and been being a bit of an asshole to everyone.

but yeah like i said it was just a first impression and what i would have preferred rather than to what i heard im not condemning it at all yet, and like everything else i shall give this a chance too. who knows he could become the next Nash or Sid. but im sorry i still hate the look.lol.

Offline Dale

« Reply #49 on: 7 December 2009, 03:35:33 AM »
Did this weeks SmackDown do anything for you as far as an explanation went? I personally thought there was enough of an explanation in the first promo to make sense of it, but maybe that was just me.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 7 December 2009, 03:47:10 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;36379
Did this weeks SmackDown do anything for you as far as an explanation went? I personally thought there was enough of an explanation in the first promo to make sense of it, but maybe that was just me.

Haven't watched Smackdown yet, My DVR is full need to do some TV Cleaning on it or just Download SD or find it online somewhere.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #51 on: 8 December 2009, 07:34:15 AM »
I think the whole reintroduction played off well enough, although; I think it would have made more sense to  give Punk a big man bodyguard during his feud with The Undertaker. It seems a bit random at the moment.