Author Topic: CM Punk getting a bodyguard....  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Gorsty

CM Punk getting a bodyguard....
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
Straight edge means being drug free and alcohol free, Punk has even made reference in promos about not taking painkillers, and surely controlling someone with a drug would be an illicit drug?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2009, 11:14:17 PM »
Quote from: utmgorsty;34744
Straight edge means being drug free and alcohol free, Punk has even made reference in promos about not taking painkillers, and surely controlling someone with a drug would be an illicit drug?

Straight edge means you're drug free, it doesn't mean that other people have to be drug free.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2009, 11:16:52 PM »
My argument is, how could WWE have Punk playing off that he is 100% straightedge, then have him drugging someone.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2009, 12:50:18 AM »
I don't mind the idea of Punk getting a bodyguard, but I think Festus is a bit to corny to just be thrown into that position. Koslov and Ezekiel Jackson would have been great to have been his bodyguard, or even Henry. All three of them are going in a good direction though so cancels them out.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2009, 12:52:10 AM »
Quote from: utmgorsty;34747
My argument is, how could WWE have Punk playing off that he is 100% straightedge, then have him drugging someone.

Because HE'S straight edge, it doesn't mean that the people around him need to be. Also, it's justifiable since Punk would do anything to win.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2009, 01:22:18 AM »
Let Mike Knox be his bodayguard.. Just have him stand there looking menacing and boom... Wait.. Thats what he does anyway.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

« Reply #21 on: 22 September 2009, 03:42:57 AM »
I really don't see all the hate for this angle, sounds pretty interesting to me and I would certainly tune into SmackDown on a regular basis to watch it unfold.

You follow the first option of getting him off the pills and it's an intriguing situation. Would be a great way of getting Festus into a more serious role as the dude is damn good for his size and a ruthless side of him can be believable as we've already seen it to an extent when the bell is rung.

Offline Axel

« Reply #22 on: 22 September 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Cannon;34753
Let Mike Knox be his bodayguard.. Just have him stand there looking menacing and boom... Wait.. Thats what he does anyway.
That is a better choice if Punk needed a bodyguard. I still say he doesn't but Knox is the best choice.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #23 on: 22 September 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
does no one else see this as the perfect opportunity to debut Nigel McGuinness and Brian Danielson.

McGuinness could be his Straightedge body guard which could lead to a Nash/HBK like fued but Mcguinness doesnt suck.

and they could use Danielson if they want to make it a stable

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #24 on: 23 September 2009, 01:54:41 AM »
Quote from: bele_nine;34782
does no one else see this as the perfect opportunity to debut Nigel McGuinness and Brian Danielson.

McGuinness could be his Straightedge body guard which could lead to a Nash/HBK like fued but Mcguinness doesnt suck.

and they could use Danielson if they want to make it a stable

I could certainly see Nigel following Punk around in a bodyguard suit and sunglasses, that would be great. Danielson... i think he'd fair better as a face on ECW. But that's a good idea.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #25 on: 23 September 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34712
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;34711
A straight edge festus is hilarious :lol

I wouldn't mind him having a protege of sorts, like jericho had in Cade and kendrick had in Zeke. Festus can work. I don't see a problem with this, not facepalm worthy in the slightest.

You don't see a problem with this?....Thus proving you and everyone else eats up the crap WWE provides.

Festus as his bodyguard is a good idea, Festus has that bodyguard physique and he's quite fun to watch. This would be a funny angle and would be something different. What makes you happy seriously? There is nothing wrong with this.
Plus Taker and Kane could team up again to face Punk and Festus, Kane could bring up the fact Festus was the fake kane or something. Seeing Kane and Taker again would be awesome and they could have some good feuds, Taker could eventually win title and Kane could turn on him and win title to give him one last run. This isn't a bad idea at all.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2009, 11:55:16 PM »
This doesn't happen very often, but I'm going to take Axel's side on this one. Punk doesn't need a bodyguard, at least not at this point. He's been doing extremely well on his own, and adding a bodyguard right before his HIAC match would almost take away from what he's been doing lately.

However there are two ways that I can see this working out.

A) During the HIAC against the Undertaker there's an unknown superstar that runs in and much like the first HIAC match with Taker and Shawn, breaks open the cage door and attacks Taker costing him the match. Maybe call up Lance Hoyt from FCW and put him into the feud putting Punk and Hoyt against Taker and Kane for a few weeks.

B) Punk legit beats Taker at the PPV. Then as a result in the following weeks, Undertaker begins to torment Punk sort of like he did during the Orton feud. It makes Punk start to freak out and he finds someone to "take care" of Taker for him. Who? I'm not sure, but I'm not against the idea of calling up Hoyt.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2009, 06:42:02 PM »
I like the idea of putting Hoyt next to punk, Tex. That would be pretty cool and it would give Hoyt a huge push right off the bad against taker. I don't think they'd do it right before HIAC though, during, maybe, your first idea is actually really good, and thinking about I wouldn't be against 2 screw jobs in a row against Taker, I actually think it builds Punk as a heel more than it hurts him.

Offline Axel

« Reply #28 on: 28 September 2009, 03:51:30 AM »
:lol Lance Hoyt I will never take seriously and his FCW Robin Hood gimmick is even worse. He needs a Chuck Pulumbo type gimmick to win me over.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #29 on: 28 September 2009, 01:59:54 PM »
IF they brought him up as Punk's bodyguard it obviously wouldn't be as Robin Hood... and he wouldn't be the first person to have a stupid gimmick... Hunter Hearst Helmsley?